"A Mormon acquaintance once pushed Mark Twain into an argument on the issue of polygamy. After a long and tedious exposition justifying the practice, the Mormon demanded that Twain cite any passage of scripture expressly forbidding the practice of plural marriage. 'Nothing easier,' Twain replied, 'No man can serve two masters.'" (from a Facebook site)
Mormon apologetic tactics I have observed on CARM for years:
1. Attempt to deflect from the OP
2. Change the subject--often drastically
3. Repeat the same old questions, over and over again, and....
4. Pretend we have not answered their questions or dealt with their points, to make it appear that we have not, and they have won the debate
5. Ignore our points and Bible verses that put their quoted bible verses into proper perspective, that show that they have misinterpreted and/or misunderstood what the Bible was talking about
6. When they cannot refute what Christians post, fall back onto their "testimony" of their church and prophet, Joseph Smith.
7. Make ad homs against us. Rare. And only used by a very few.
"A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats" - Spurgeon.
Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.
Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.
1,000 messages? Impressive!
Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.
Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
30 messages posted. You must like it here!
Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.