The Notion that Unregenerate Men Can Believe the Gospel on Their Own is Foolishness ...

Yes they had. He dwelled with them. Wake up Lol

It does but so does the Spirit dwelling with you.
Sorry you remain confused

Wake up

They had not yet received the Spirit in John 14:17

John 14:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

It is still future

receiving the Spirit speaks of the Spirit dwelling in

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

That is indwelling and receiving.

Last edited:
Sorry you remain confused

Wake up

John 14:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

It is still future

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

That is indwelling and receiving.
No kidding. Yet it says they had recieved the Spirit. Yet it dwelled with them not in them. So someone can recieve the Spirit without the Spirit necessarily residing in them.

No kidding. Yet it says they had recieved the Spirit. Yet it dwelled with them not in them. So someone can recieve the Spirit without the Spirit necessarily residing in them.
No, it does not state they received the Spirit

Why do you invent such things

It is still future

That is indwelling and receiving. It does not transpire until Christ's glorification.

No, it does not state they received the Spirit

Why do you invent such things

It is still future

That is indwelling and receiving. It does not transpire until Christ's glorification.
Wrong. It says the world does not know Him because He does not know Him. But they do know Him because the Spirit dwells with them.

Wrong. It says the world does not know Him because He does not know Him. But they do know Him because the Spirit dwells with them.
That is not receiving the spirit

Receiving the spirit is future

The receiving had not yet transpired.

Stop trying to twist scripture.

Stop trying to twist scripture.
According to the text it is. Hence you run off somewhere else. Also the HS dwelt with David no?

According to the text it is. Hence you run off somewhere else. Also the HS dwelt with David no?
Sorry no

Stop trying to twist scripture, and stop ignoring it

Sorry no

Stop trying to twist scripture, and stop ignoring it
Sorry, yes it is. Read it correctly and stop ignoring it.

Sorry, yes it is. Read it correctly and stop ignoring it.
You still can't read

should receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given

You still can't read

should receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given
Not the verse in question runner. John 14:17, your proof text oddly enough. LOL

Not the verse in question runner. John 14:17, your proof text oddly enough. LOL
Stop running, no one receives the Spirit until Christ's glorification

should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given

future

Christ was not yet glorified at john 14:17

and reception of the Spirit was still future

future

future

future
It's says the world cannot recieve the Spirit. Why? Good question Pelagius. Because they do not know Him. Christ says, but you do know Him. And He dwells with you and will be in you. They know Him they recieved Him.

It's says the world cannot recieve the Spirit. Why? Good question Pelagius. Because they do not know Him. Christ says, but you do know Him. And He dwells with you and will be in you. They know Him they recieved Him.
Sorry, you are reading your beliefs into the passage Mani,

and ignoring scripture

future

Shall be in you that is future

Sorry, you are reading your beliefs into the passage Mani,

and ignoring scripture

future

Sorry, "in you" is future, "dwelling with you" is in the present tense. If they had not recieved the Spirit then they were part of the world that did not know Him.

Sorry, "in you" is future, "dwelling with you" is in the present tense. If they had not recieved the Spirit then they were part of the world that did not know Him.
Bad logic because he would be in them but not the world

Hello

future

receiving the Spirit and the Spirit being in you are equated and a future promise

Hello

future

receiving the Spirit and the Spirit being in you are equated and a future promise
No, their not equal and Old Testament saints bear that out. As does your own proof text. As I explained. If they had not recieved the Spirit they would not have known Him.

No, their not equal and Old Testament saints bear that out. As does your own proof text. As I explained. If they had not recieved the Spirit they would not have known Him.
Sorry you still ignore the evidence

Hello

Note out of belly indicates the Spirit would be in them

receiving the spirit refers to having the spirit in them

future

you are simply in denial

And they knew him because he was with them

as the text plainly states

you ignored that as well

Back