Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

A humble servant of whom?

Yes the Father is God he is the son of God

No, he didn't because he is not God. He is the son of God. You are the one saying that The Son is God himself.

Jesus said God is greater than him. Are you calling Jesus a liar?

No, the scripture does not teach that. The scripture teaches that God was in Christ by the indwelling of the HS.
John 3:34
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
God was IN Christ reconciling the world TO HIMSELF.
Wow! Christ must be God.

No, it does not...You assume it does by reason of false teachings.

No, he did not...
Jn 4
25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
Classic head in the sand response.

No,it does not. It means God was made known to the world in the flesh of a human person.
Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
It means God was made known to the world AS A MAN. God incarnated AS(NOT in)a Man.
ALL the fullness of The Godhead BODILY???Wow! He is God.

It's interesting you would say that about @aeg4971 considering 2 John 7

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
Yes, he is an antichrist. He teaches that Jesus is God himself...while John teaches two entities ...
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

There is no command to confess that Jesus is God.

Yes, he is an antichrist. He teaches that Jesus is God himself...while John teaches two entities ...
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

There is no command to confess that Jesus is God.
BOTH the Father and The Son??Wow! Both must be God.
BTW you deny Jesus is The Son of God as all cultists, Jews, and Islams do.

It means God was made known to the world AS A MAN.
No, it does not. God is not known anywhere at any time as a man.
God incarnated AS(NOT in)a Man.
God never incarnated anywhere at any time... Where does the scripture say God was incarnated?
ALL the fullness of The Godhead BODILY???Wow! He is God.
read it slowly... It is the same person God sent who has the fulness of the Godhead.
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Can you share a verse with me that calls the Son and Father "entities" or describe what you mean by this in regards to theology?
I called them entities I never claimed that John called them that... I mean two beings...God is a spirit and Jesus is a man.
I didnt say there was, but the gospel is the person and work of Jesus Christ.
Now I will ask you to share where the scripture says the gospel is a person and work of Jesus Christ.

Emmanuel means God WITH US.
Yes, God was with us in his son Jesus.
Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
God dwells in ALL believers. NOT one of them is Emmanuel.
Emmanuel does not mean God dwells in us, does it?
ONLY Christ is.
Because the fulness of God was in Christ and he revealed God to us...that is not rocket science...

Jesus said he cannot do anything by himself...are you calling Jesus a liar?

Maybe they are an infidel since God never called anyone to be a Christian.

Correct you don't need to add anything to that.

oops, you added your own spin. hypostatic union /Incarnation is not mentioned in the scripture.

I support what I say with the scripture...

God is not a man. God was revealed to the world by the obedience of his son Jesus who was a man/ flesh.
You do agree that Jesus was obedient to his Father who is also his God, don't you?

How exactly is that adding? What is made known and how it is made known are taken into consideration separately. That is not adding anything . But it is signifying the abstract of made known in its concrete determination of knowing what is made known. Or do we just quote scriptures without contemplating its proper meaning.

Telling me what Jesus said is not the same as telling me what Jesus meant , you are just telling me what Jesus said. Lord knows by your every response you are not remotely qualified to tell me what Jesus meant to be understood when He said whatever it is that He said.

We may not have been called to be a Christian, but we are called to follow Christ , and that makes us Christian.

Of course I believe Jesus was obedient to His Father and His God ,while we simultaneously believe this man the Christ is forever God made known in flesh, by way of hypostasis in Himself.

Hence relatively and temporally the Son is a man ,nevertheless absolutely the Son is God the Word /Jesus the Christ come in flesh.

........ Alan

Two of them one a spirit and one a man... That means you have two Gods...a spirit God and a man God.

No I didn't In all my posts I proclaim that Jesus is the son of God. You guys argue that Jesus is God himself...
Yes two distinct persons One is the Father and another is the Son, not two different beings ,one divine and one human. Not God and a god jr. You clearly sunder as Arians in degrees and variations as in numbers of unequal proportions. How exactly is your Christology not polytheism? God does not share His nature with the creature, but rather takes upon Himself the creature. For it is written"

And without controversy great godliness ,God was manifested in the flesh and justified in the spirit.

....... Alan

Yes, God was with us in his son Jesus.
Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Emmanuel does not mean God dwells in us, does it?

Because the fulness of God was in Christ and he revealed God to us...that is not rocket science...

On the contrary Emmanuel means God with us. It then follows the fullness was in Christ by way of divine subsistence/ hypostasis in Himself. The Son has not existence/subsistence without the hypostasis of the Father in Himself, and that is not rocket science.

Who being the effluence of His glory and the exact imprint of His nature upholding all things by the word of His power when He had by Himself purged our sins,

God nature is not this flesh these bones and this blood , and neither is His consubstantial Word.

.........Alan

Last edited:
No, it does not. God is not known anywhere at any time as a man.

God never incarnated anywhere at any time... Where does the scripture say God was incarnated?

read it slowly... It is the same person God sent who has the fulness of the Godhead.
Jesus Christ WAS/IS known as God and Man.
John 1:12, Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23 for starters tells us God incarnated AS Man.
Anyone in whom ALL the fullness of The Godhead dwells BODILY is God.
As usual, you are refuted.

How exactly is that adding? What is made known and how it is made known are taken into consideration separately.
Of course, you are adding...you are also taking a verse out of context to make your doctrine...The Greek does not say God was manifest....
That is not adding anything . But it is signifying the abstract of made known in its concrete determination of knowing what is made known. Or do we just quote scriptures without contemplating its proper meaning.
That verse was talking about Godliness.... not about Jesus was God... Clearly, God was in Jesus....
Telling me what Jesus said is not the same as telling me what Jesus meant , you are just telling me what Jesus said.
You seem to be saying that Jesus didn't mean what he said.
Lord knows by your every response you are not remotely qualified to tell me what Jesus meant to be understood when He said whatever it is that He said.
Jesus is telling you what he meant. I can only tell you what he says...He said that he is the Messiah.
We may not have been called to be a Christian, but we are called to follow Christ , and that makes us Christian.
No, we are called to be obedient to Christ... If you are not called to be a Christian why then are you one? Jesus was not a Christian, was he?
Of course I believe Jesus was obedient to His Father and His God ,
No, you don't. You believe Jesus is his father and God himself.
while we simultaneously believe this man the Christ is forever God made known in flesh, by way of hypostasis in Himself.
You are saying the Messiah, a man is God...the Messiah is the one anointed by God.
Hence relatively and temporally the Son is a man ,nevertheless absolutely the Son is God the Word /Jesus the Christ come in flesh.

........ Alan
There is no mention of a God the word in the scripture... You need to fabricate untruths to make your doctrine.

Jesus Christ WAS/IS known as God and Man.
No, he is not...Jesus was resurrected as a man and ascended a man.
Acts 13:
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
John 1:12, Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23 for starters tells us God incarnated AS Man.
No, they don't...Jesus is a man who God raised to be the saviour of the world.
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
Anyone in whom ALL the fullness of The Godhead dwells BODILY is God.
Nope...God gave Jesus the fulness of his spirit...
As usual, you are refuted.
With what? Your baseless claims cannot refute anything.

Two of them one a spirit and one a man... That means you have two Gods...a spirit God and a man God.

No I didn't In all my posts I proclaim that Jesus is the son of God. You guys argue that Jesus is God himself...
First assertion is a strawman.
And you, like the Jews and Islams DENY Jesus Christ is The Son of God.

On the contrary Emmanuel means God with us.
Yes it does
It then follows the fullness was in Christ by way of divine subsistence/ hypostasis in Himself.
The fulness of God was in the man Jesus Christ...God gave him the fulness of his spirit... God did not become him neither did he become God...
The Son has not existence/subsistence without the hypostasis of the Father in Himself, and that is not rocket science.
Neither is it scripture.
Who being the effluence of His glory and the exact imprint of His nature upholding all things by the word of His power when He had by Himself purged our sins,
That is high-class hypocrisy to leave out the rest of the verse....
Hebrews 1:3
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: This exposes your folly Jesus sat down at the right hand of God. not himself...
Mark 16:19
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Luke 22:69
Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
Acts 5:31
Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Colossians 3:1
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
God nature is not this flesh these bones and this blood , and neither is His consubstantial Word.

.........Alan
Strawman, I never made that claim. Don't try to move the goalposts...the discussion is, did Jesus teach that he was God himself? While you may teach Jesus is God, You have not shown Jesus teaching that he is God...

Back