The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop ignoring these verses
that is not an option

The "He" in that Hebrew verse is Jesus.
It is the DEATH of Jesus that establishes the new covenant
---->If there is any other interpretation: lets see it
Which is exactly what the Last Supper, the Holy Eucharist is all about.

The wittings breathed out by God are more authoritative than any thing the Church declares.

There is no difference in authority between God's spoken words and God's written words.
The problem is that this breath moved through the teaching organ of the Catholic Church. "hear the church" [Matthew 18:17], says the almighty God; not read the book.

JoeT

The new covenant goes into effect only at His death
in my Bible, no one died at the Last Supper
Christ is eternal God. God is not constrained by human concepts of time.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8 NKJV

. . . the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8 NKJV

Nonsense. Jesus never said it was the New Manna or the New Passover. That is Catholic rhetorical theory that is butt-backward. Jesus is our guide and Apostle Paul was instrumental in proclaiming God's truth.

Jesus never said a word about about the eucharist. Your church is making that up. He didn't say for people to literally drink wine and bread he said that people should remember his blood and body which is the New Covenant.

I Corinthians 11:25, "In the same way he took the cup also, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Try to get your theological beliefs from scripture itself instead of its foundational folly.

Bad theology results in bad practices and in this case, baseless claims.
The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most momentous event in all of human and God's history. To that end Jesus was not going to beat around the bush, He was not going to cloud the truth with some sort of parable, saying one thing when He meant another as the non-orthodox believer believes. He spoke clearly and concisely by using the words He used as you posted above.

The Last Supper (Holy Communion) combines it all. It is His death, it is His resurrection, it is His memorial, and it is His remembrance. It is His Real Presence and it is His body, His blood, His Soul, and Divinity. End of story!

Many Catholics agree with me on the corruption of the Catholic hierarchy.
Whether 'many' do or don't, the immorality you see in the Church is endemic of the society you live in. Think not? Just read the local papers. In the United States this community is 75 percent protestant, and 25% Catholic. imagine all the horrors occurring from the Protestant world.

Do I really need to show the likes of McCarrick, Dolan, Vigneron, the Dignity Masses, A south American idol your Pope wants you to worship, Cupich, USCCB, the purchase of swanky property in London from Peter's Pence (funds meant to alleviate suffering)? Then there is Bishop John Stowe and his 'WOKE' theology. I could post almost unlimited links on these characters.
And then there are the likes of Jim Jones and the thousand or so souls lost; his multiple wives, his corruption.

Shameful.

Indeed so is this https://www.history.com/news/jonestown-jim-jones-mass-murder-suicide

JoeT

Christ is eternal God. God is not constrained by human concepts of time.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8 NKJV

. . . the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8 NKJV
the Incarnation step into time and was born and died

When did the new covenant go into effect, the penalty of sins paid for, and propitiation made:
at the Last Supper or on the Cross?

When did the New Covenant go into effect?

Hebrews 9:15-17
15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, (diathéké) so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
16 For where a will (diathéké) is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established.
17For a will (diathéké) takes effect ONLY at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive."
--------------------------

When was the propitiation made? (the appeasement of God’s wrath)

Romans 5:7-9
7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.

Colossians 1:21-22
And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach—
When was the penalty of sins paid for?
------------------

When was the penalty of sins paid for?

1 Corinthians 15:3
Christ died for our sins, according to Scriptures

1 Peter 3:18
Christ died for sins, once for all”

Hebrews 9:15
15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant

Isaiah 53:
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors

Well start believing those written words then. "This IS my body" and "This IS my blood". Surely Jesus would not lie.

15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, (diathéké) so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.
16 For where a will (diathéké) is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established.
17For a will (diathéké) takes effect ONLY at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive

Yes, we need to pray for them. It is really sad that they don't understand the tremendous gift that God has given us in the Eucharist.

My understanding is that not only does the Eucharist bring an end to all the OC sacrifices, but it is also is the new Passover meal and the new manna from heaven. This is correct, right?
Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak;
and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth​

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain,
my speech shall distil as the dew,
as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass
:

3 Because I will publish the name of the Lord:
ascribe ye greatness unto our God

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:
for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity,
just and right is he
For their rock is not as our Rock,

32 For their vine is of the vine of Sodom,
and of the fields of Gomorrah:
their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter
:

33 Their wine is the poison of dragons,
and the cruel venom of asps
.​

draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress,
the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
Against whom do ye sport yourselves?
against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue?
are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood.

Which eat the fat of their sacrifices,
and drank the wine of their drink offerings?
let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

Where now are your gods, and the rock in whom they trusted,

17For a will (diathéké) takes effect ONLY at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive
Words written some 100 years after the Last Supper. They are irrelevant as Jesus, God Incarnate, is not constrained by time. When Jesus spoke you can assume it had happened.

Words written some 100 years after the Last Supper. They are irrelevant as Jesus, God Incarnate, is not constrained by time. When Jesus spoke you can assume it had happened.
t or f
There is no difference in authority between God's spoken words and God's written words

The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most momentous event in all of human and God's history. To that end Jesus was not going to beat around the bush, He was not going to cloud the truth with some sort of parable, saying one thing when He meant another as the non-orthodox believer believes. He spoke clearly and concisely by using the words He used as you posted above.

The Last Supper (Holy Communion) combines it all. It is His death, it is His resurrection, it is His memorial, and it is His remembrance. It is His Real Presence and it is His body, His blood, His Soul, and Divinity. End of story!
how nice of you to rewrite scripture for God... since you aren't in agreement in how He had it done.

The evidence has been presented for the last 4 years.

The evidence is right in front of you.
They don't see the evidence. I mean a perfect example can be found on the thread about what is happening in France. I mean one poster said if it is true. Seriously they need to start realising that it is true. Not to blame others for the dirt in their own institution or claim it is false news. I mean if it was then the RCC would be suing news people all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back