Sabbath Day Salvation

That's my point - "THE PROMISE" pre-existed the ceremonial rubrics that were only applicable to Israel post Egypt.

I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of bondage. Ex 6:7
That's my point - "THE PROMISE" pre-existed the ceremonial rubrics that were only applicable to Israel post Egypt.
“This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.' Ex 19:3-5

Those Who Rely On Egypt
They do not look to the Holy One [Messiah] How can they help anyone? All of them will come to an end together. Isa 31:1-3

Last edited:
I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of bondage. Ex 6:7

“This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.' Ex 19:3-5

Those Who Rely On Egypt
They do not look to the Holy One [Messiah] How can they help anyone? All of them will come to an end together. Isa 31:1-3

Your answers are not relevant to the questions you're asked....
...It's like you're asked what color of a car to you drive.
...& you answer: your preferred method of cooking turkeys.

Only you do it with Scripture. I'll now be responding to your post in the same way you respond.

Proverbs 21, 4
An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.

proverbs 22,13
The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

Confirmation of the Moon Grafuffin Cobbler in the 3rd orbit of Mowatt is indicative when a fouchett is glued on the north end of a south moving grouchett.

JonHawk said:

Those Who Rely On Egypt

Your answers are not relevant to the questions you're asked.......It's like you're asked what color of a car to you drive....& you answer: your preferred method of cooking turkeys.

Only you do it with Scripture. I'll now be responding to your post in the same way you respond.

Proverbs 21, 4
An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin. The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want.

proverbs 22,13
The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

Confirmation of the Moon Grafuffin Cobbler in the 3rd orbit of Mowatt is indicative when a fouchett is glued on the north end of a south moving grouchett.
The only difference is that you're responding from the viewpoint of a degenerate waiting for refinement in purgatory.

The only difference is that you're responding from the viewpoint of a degenerate waiting for refinement in purgatory.

Well done, you just demonstrated you can make statements that actually say something. Until you figure out how to use Scripture to make points that actually say something you should just stick to making statements such as the one you did above.

And He said: ‘I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith. Deut 32:20
Well done, you just demonstrated you can make statements that actually say something. Until you figure out how to use Scripture to make points that actually say something you should just stick to making statements such as the one you did above.
Eventually it'll hit home and you'll figure out where I'm coming from. BTW, where did you come up with your colorful moniker?

“The poison of asps is under their lips ... the way of peace they have not known."

And He said: ‘I will hide My face from them, I will see what their end will be, For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith. Deut 32:20

Eventually it'll hit home and you'll figure out where I'm coming from. BTW, where did you come up with your colorful moniker?

“The poison of asps is under their lips ... the way of peace they have not known."

Someone gave me two of them to watch when they went out of town on an extended trip - thus the plural.

You've just demonstrated it again, you can convey a point - you just can't seem to do it with Bible verses.

Someone gave me two of them to watch when they went out of town on an extended trip - thus the plural.

You've just demonstrated it again, you can convey a point - you just can't seem to do it with Bible verses.
Did they ever come back for their pets or did you adopt them as your own?

They have acted corruptly toward Him. They are not His children, “Do you thus repay the Lord, O foolish and unwise people?
Is not He your Father who has acquired you [as His own]?He has made you and established you [as His people]. 7 “Remember the days of old, Consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will inform you, our elders, and they will tell you. 8 “When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.
9 “For the Lord’s portion and chosen share is His people; Jacob is the allotment of His inheritance. Deut 32

The Portion of Jacob is not like these; For He is the Maker of all things, And Israel is the tribe of His inheritance [and He will not fail them]— The Lord of hosts is His name. Jeremiah 10:16

If our salvation is based on observing the seventh day sabbath, does that mean the Jews already have salvation without Jesus?

Hi Formersda,

Let's consider what Jesus says about salvation:

Matthew 5:27-30
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
  • Jesus quotes from the Ten Commandment covenant: "You shall not commit adultery."
  • Jesus magnifies the law and equates adultery with looking lustfully at a woman.
  • Jesus says it is better to pluck out your eye rather than to be guilty of adultery.
  • Jesus says it is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. (Translation: LOSS OF SALVATION)
The act of adultery is not what denies salvation. It merely shows your love--or rather lack of love--for the One you claim to honor. God says, "Those that honor Me, I will honor." Do you know where that quote is found in the Bible? Go look it up sometime. It's very enlightening.

So, what do you think? According to Jesus is your salvation based on observing the command to not commit adultery? Did those Jews who observed this command already have salvation without Jesus?

I pray this helps.

"Still no verse in the bible then?", Do you believe that the Bible contains enough information for you to make a free will decision from both GOD's perspective and GOD's enemies' perspective ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
{Additional Emphasis by Victor}
Pretty plain to see you don't consider Scripture to be your final authority, so 2 Timothy 3 is lost on you.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Yours in Christ, Michael", Your judgment is clear. What is not clear is GOD's judge back into your life, and it's consequences.

AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Can you identify Jesus' church, by this verse ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Phylacteries were hardly "clothing" it was a religious requirement - if you were a male Jew and observant of "The Law" - you complied. If you of the mind of Korah I'm sure the excuses for not complying were a dime a dozen.

As Victor said, the Festival of Lights recognizes a Jewish reality of religious significance.
"Phylacteries were hardly "clothing" it was a religious requirement", By the words of men's expectations or by the words of GOD's expectation ???

"the Festival of Lights recognizes a Jewish reality of religious significance.", By the words of men's expectations or by the words of GOD's expectation ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

What on earth does paying taxes have to do with observing feast and festivals?
AV Mt 22:17-22 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. 22 When they had heard [these words], they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

"taxes" and tithes has comparative and contrast components shared. Just like shadows and spiritual realities.

AV Mt 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

So you think, Jesus operated on types(shadows for sins) or anti-types(fulfillment in spiritual realities for sins) ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

"Phylacteries were hardly "clothing" it was a religious requirement", By the words of men's expectations or by the words of GOD's expectation ???

"the Festival of Lights recognizes a Jewish reality of religious significance.", By the words of men's expectations or by the words of GOD's expectation ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

By God's, in both cases.

Jesus didn't tell the crowds and His Disciples to do whatsoever the Essenes and Sadducees commanded - Jesus told the crowds and His Disciples to do whatsoever the Scribes and Pharisees said to do. The Scribes and Pharisees were clear that observant Jews were to wear those little funny boxes on their hands and head and acknowledge the cleansing of the Temple.

AV Mt 7:1-2 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

"Yours in Christ, Michael", Your judgment is clear. What is not clear is GOD's judge back into your life, and it's consequences.
Of course you don't discern the judgment of God when it manifests.

1 Corinthians 2
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.​
AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

It appears you have forgotten all the conversations we had in the past, many of which included another member who sought to be banished (and was successful). We know that Revelation 12:17 does not include the SDA church with the remnant, since they -and you- reject the commandments of God. Much earlier in this thread you asserted "salvation" by your works of the Sabbath, apart from Jesus Christ, so you don't testify of Him or His redemption either.

Last edited:
AV Mt 22:17-22 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? 18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites? 19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. 20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? 21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. 22 When they had heard [these words], they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

"taxes" and tithes has comparative and contrast components shared. Just like shadows and spiritual realities.
Roman taxes and Jewish tithes. That is a stretch. You have butchered the context of what Jesus is saying in this passage. A roman tax is not a shadow of a jewish tithe.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Yes I can
ie: "and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
and you have shown over and over and over again and again
it is not The SDA no Michael

Of course you don't discern the judgment of God when it manifests.

1 Corinthians 2
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.​

It appears you have forgotten all the conversations we had in the past, many of which included another member who sought to be banished (and was successful). We know that Revelation 12:17 does not include the SDA church with the remnant, since they -and you- reject the commandments of God. Much earlier in this thread you asserted "salvation" by your works of the Sabbath, apart from Jesus Christ, so you don't testify of Him or His redemption either.
Oh boring Michael, the Greek for that word does not mean the 10 commandments this is a very old argument from Adventists 🥱🥱🥱

Hi Formersda,

Let's consider what Jesus says about salvation:

Matthew 5:27-30
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
  • Jesus quotes from the Ten Commandment covenant: "You shall not commit adultery."
  • Jesus magnifies the law and equates adultery with looking lustfully at a woman.
  • Jesus says it is better to pluck out your eye rather than to be guilty of adultery.
  • Jesus says it is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. (Translation: LOSS OF SALVATION)
The act of adultery is not what denies salvation. It merely shows your love--or rather lack of love--for the One you claim to honor. God says, "Those that honor Me, I will honor." Do you know where that quote is found in the Bible? Go look it up sometime. It's very enlightening.

So, what do you think? According to Jesus is your salvation based on observing the command to not commit adultery? Did those Jews who observed this command already have salvation without Jesus?

I pray this helps.
Actually yes, it is very clear in scripture that sexual immorality is a sin and can lose your salvation

Revelation 21:9 8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
1st Corinthians 6:12-20

The Body Is the Lord’s​

12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.” 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1st Corinthians 5::9-13
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all meanwith the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Ephesians 5:3,5
But immorality or any impurity or greed must not be named among you as is proper among the saints. For this you know with certainty that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Salvation is through Jesus, David committed adultery and murder why wasn’t he stoned according to the Law?

Can you show me a New Testament verse that says we are to keep the seventh day sabbath? No you can’t. Jesus fulfilled all the Laws requirements on the cross.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Actually yes, it is very clear in scripture that sexual immorality is a sin and can lose your salvation

Revelation 21:9 8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
1st Corinthians 6:12-20

The Body Is the Lord’s​

12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, but God will do away with both of them. Yet the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. 14 Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.” 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

1st Corinthians 5::9-13
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all meanwith the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Ephesians 5:3,5
But immorality or any impurity or greed must not be named among you as is proper among the saints. For this you know with certainty that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Salvation is through Jesus, David committed adultery and murder why wasn’t he stoned according to the Law?

Can you show me a New Testament verse that says we are to keep the seventh day sabbath? No you can’t. Jesus fulfilled all the Laws requirements on the cross.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The only sin not able to be forgiven is committing Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Back