The foundation of all salvation.

Okay but you still haven’t answered my question.

in which way are these two verses different that one, or both are writing to unbelievers to convince them to believe?

Disregard.
I see you answered
Ok

Yes it is pretty clear John 20:31 & 1John 5:13 are not the same statements and are written for different reasons

So you believe John is writing to unbelievers? To get them to believe?
John 20:31 (NASB77)
31 but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Yes

Well then maybe you're wrong on your belief that God is the first cause that unconditionally effected people to hell. But you believe God is the first cause that unconditionally effects people to hell, correct? Admit it.
Okay, I admit you have ZERO Biblical support for your heretical "libertarianly choosing" false teaching. That's why you have to DODGE by bringing up red herrings that nobody was discussing.
So your belief is that God is the first cause that unconditionally unfairly effects people to hell? Or do you believe it's fair?

Last edited:
So your belief is that God is the first cause that unconditionally unfairly effects people to hell? Or do you believe it's fair?
If so then it appears that person is blaming God whether he personally wants to admit it or thinks he is

Is there a condition for hell? Yes, sin

Is there a condition for grace? No, Grace is free, and Sovereign.

Is God unfair in human eyes? Yes

Is God unfair? No

What is the fair punishment for sin? Hell
Biblical grace as you've described is rejected by "provisionists" and many anti-Calvinists; i.e. via conditional election, "choice meats" &c...

Everyone's attention is drawn by general revelation. But they libertarianly respond.
Respond to what?
Speak up, and stop skirting the issues?
What does scripture say about general revelation?
Does general revelation reveal Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior?

You received general revelation that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and decided to respond. Your Atheist neighbor received the exact same general revelation you did and decided not to respond.

Looks like you believe in a 50/50 chance.
You seem "predeterminately" high minded toward libertarians..
High minded... You seem to be unable to understand that you did not choose to reveal God to yourself....
We do not choose to be saved but libertarianly ask. But it is God's prerogative to save, which He does.
You ask to be saved? Why. What made you ask... Was it your choice to just ask, and did God then bow to your request?
It is not our choice for God to reveal Himself to us but our libertarian choice what to do about it.
And? Why did you not choose not to believe God? Why did you choose to believe, while your friendly Atheist neighbor chose not to believe...
Your choices have God submit himself to you does it?
It is true. This is God's choice for us.
Yes, it is God's choice. So do you now agree that God chooses not to reveal Christ as Lord and Savior to everyone?
No. The gospel is itself a revelation as is general revelation.
Edited:
What is the difference between general revelation and Revelation through the Gospel?
Why are you special to believe both while your friendly Atheist neighbor chooses to ignore revelation from God?

The gospel can't fall on deaf ears because it is itself revelation unless they already previously heard and refused or God just didn't tell them yet.
You should get your picture taken with that friendly Atheist who understands that Jesus Christ died for Him and prefers eternal torture.
Let me know when you find him.
They don't reject belief or hearing at the initial monentary noticing the truth of it, but subsequently in libertarianly **refusing to follow** it.
Do you even read the Bible?
19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart.

Do you really think God allows Satan to snatch away the word of God from those who do understand?
Do you think people understand because they are wise...

Last edited:
Faith in Jesus makes us spiritually alive

31 but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
And you think Faith in Jesus rests in your own power....

Is there a condition for hell? Yes, sin

Is there a condition for grace? No, Grace is free, and Sovereign.

Is God unfair in human eyes? Yes

Is God unfair? No

What is the fair punishment for sin? Hell
There is no condition for grace. the word grace refers to the giving which is done freely. When you speak of salvation, salvation is the gift, It is given freely, ( the gift is by grace)
The gift is not grace, the gift is salvation given by grace

When you speak of the meaning of faith that is "to entrust yourself to" obviously that is up to you.

No, seth, it isn't the least bit "obvious".
Saying it's "obvious" is nothing more than a bankrupt cop-out meaning you can't support your bogus claim from Scripture.

There is no condition for grace. the word grace refers to the giving which is done freely. When you speak of salvation, salvation is the gift, It is given freely, ( the gift is by grace)
The gift is not grace, the gift is salvation given by grace
I am not understanding your argument, sorry. I said there is no condition for grace.

No, seth, it isn't the least bit "obvious".
Saying it's "obvious" is nothing more than a bankrupt cop-out meaning you can't support your bogus claim from Scripture.
if the word means "to entrust yourself to" then Yes, it is obvious that it is something you do. The verb has an obvious meaning. For me to agree with the verb's meaning is exactly what i should be doing.
To agree with a verb's meaning is not a cop-out
To agree with a verb's meaning is not bankrupt

I am not understanding your argument, sorry. I said there is no condition for grace.
I agreed. There is no condition for grace.
I said you were misusing the word grace.
Grace is the way in which a gift is given.
For instance when a dancer has grace, we mean she dances gracefully.
When God has grace, He gives gifts gracefully

And you think Faith in Jesus rests in your own power....
Have you always had this much difficulty understanding a simple sentence

Ones faith rests in the object of that faith

In the case of a believer Christ

What is so difficult you cannot understand that

Further you ignored the point

Faith in Jesus makes us spiritually alive

Why is it scripture is mostly absent from your posts ?

Why is it you continually fail to address the scriptures posted in rebuttal to your position ?

I agreed. There is no condition for grace.
I said you were misusing the word grace.
Grace is the way in which a gift is given.
For instance when a dancer has grace, we mean she dances gracefully.
When God has grace, He gives gifts gracefully
Ok. Yes we disagree.

if the word means "to entrust yourself to" then Yes, it is obvious that it is something you do. The verb has an obvious meaning. For me to agree with the verb's meaning is exactly what i should be doing.
To agree with a verb's meaning is not a cop-out
To agree with a verb's meaning is not bankrupt

It's obviously something we participate in.
But the question you keep dodging (and you really should know better) is where does this faith COME from?

The Bible says it's given to us by God.
Why don't you believe God?

Back