The foundation of all salvation.

Ones faith rests in the object of that faith
What a cop-out!

But thank you for admitting that your faith rests in your own wisdom of choosing, and not in the power of God.

At least you have now exposed your false teaching to everyone.

What a cop-out!

But thank you for admitting that your faith rests in your own wisdom of choosing, and not in the power of God.

At least you have now exposed your false teaching to everyone.
LOL

Why the truth challenged statement ?

How does the statement

Faith resides in the object of ones faith

mean your faith rests in your own power of wisdom

are you not able to do anything but distort and omit comments

See below

Have you always had this much difficulty understanding a simple sentence

Ones faith rests in the object of that faith

In the case of a believer Christ

What is so difficult you cannot understand that

Further you ignored the point

Faith in Jesus makes us spiritually alive

John 20:31 (NASB77)
31 but these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Why is it scripture is mostly absent from your posts ?

Why is it you continually fail to address the scriptures posted in rebuttal to your position ?

As typical you ignored my point and the scriptural evidence

5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Thank you for showing how you believe that your faith rests in your wisdom and not in the power of God.
It says we rest our faith in God's power rather than our own. It doesn't say we don't libertarianly chose to rest it in Gods power.

The bible says it comes from the word

Romans 10:17 (KJV)
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Of course it comes by hearing, those regenerated have the gift of faith and when we then hear the word of God we believe.

It’s really quite simple if you would only accept it.

Does any reader here buy into the idea that Theo is unable to distinguish between the faith in Hebrews 11 to know God exists, and the faith to entrust ourselves to Christ to be saved?
Theo1689 knows what he’s talking about. Maybe you should listen and get onboard?

5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Thank you for showing how you believe that your faith rests in your wisdom and not in the power of God.
Yes he is all in with the wisdom of men and all out when it comes to the spirit of truth.

Of course it comes by hearing, those regenerated have the gift of faith and when we then hear the word of God we believe.

You missed the point. Regeneration comes by faith.
In your statement regeneration comes without explanation and produces faith
Not the same ideas

Theo1689 knows what he’s talking about. Maybe you should listen and get onboard?
Heb 11:3 by faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God
This is faith, but it is not salvation.
This is the gift of faith God gives, so we can understand some things about Him
Understanding does not save, Entrusting ourselves to what we understand about God saves us.

It says we rest our faith in God's power rather than our own. It doesn't say we don't libertarianly chose to rest it in Gods power.
Where does it say such a thing?
You like making things up?

Read the context.

The context is Paul going to Corinth to preach the gospel.

Paul says he will only preach Christ and Him crucified, and not use persuasion or clever debate and argument. He is preaching Christ and Him crucified only, so that God with His Spirit and His power make alive those He chooses to reveal Himself to by granting faith.
This will show that the faith the Corinthians have did not rest in clever debate or wisdom, but in God's power to save.

Now in order to challenge me, I want to ask you to present me with an Atheist that will admit he/she knows without a doubt through the power of God that Jesus is both Lord and Savior, and that without Him they will burn in hell for ever, and that they freely choose to reject Him and that they would rather go to hell for all eternity.

Why do you think Jews want signs, and Greeks want wisdom?
Atheists understand nothing, despite having heard the gospel many times. Go ask any resident Carm atheist. You think it is because they choose not to. The Bible says the opposite, you just don't believe the Bible.

Read the context.

Paul says he will only preach Christ and Him crucified, and not use persuasion or clever debate and argument. He is preaching Christ and Him crucified only, so that God with His Spirit and His power make alive those He chooses to reveal Himself to by granting faith.
This will show that the faith the Corinthians have did not rest in clever debate or wisdom, but in God's power to save.

Now in order to challenge me, I want to ask you to present me with an Atheist that will admit he/she knows without a doubt through the power of God that Jesus is both Lord and Savior, and that without Him they will burn in hell for ever, and that they freely choose to reject Him and that they would rather go to hell for all eternity.

Atheists understand nothing, despite having heard the gospel many times. Go ask any resident Carm atheist. You think it is because they choose not to. The Bible says the opposite, you just don't believe the Bible.

Bondage propagation.

Did YHWH not free Israel from Egypt?

<Chuckle>

I love how heretics engage the logical fallacy of "appealing to silence" ("It doesn't say that..."), and then engage the double negative ("It doesn't say that we don't, that must mean that we DO!")

And then we have bad grammar ("we don't .... chose") as a bonus! :)

<Chuckle>

I love how heretics engage the logical fallacy of "appealing to silence" ("It doesn't say that..."), and then engage the double negative ("It doesn't say that we don't, that must mean that we DO!").

Silence means there's no proof one way or the other. Unless you have it. Which apparently you don't.

But if there's no Scriptural proof of either libertarianism or unconditional meticulous predetermination, then it is not unscriptural to default to believing what we naturally would believe, which is libertarianism.

And then we have bad grammar ("we don't .... chose") as a bonus! :)

Get over it. You don't need to be high maintenance. Libertarians don't spell perfect like you do.

Read the context.

But they were already libertarianly responsible for general revelation. If they denied general revelation, they would have already deafened their ears and would have refused the gospel. But for those who had already accepted or hadn't yet denied general revelation, the gospel would have been libertarianly posative.

Yes, for those who hadn't yet denied general revelation.

They would have to have been agnostic first and then denied general revelation. At that time they libertarianly could have sought more and been led to the gospel. But they didn't. Now they're hardened.

Those atheists already denied God and we're responsible when they were agnostic and became atheist.

But they were already libertarianly responsible for general revelation. If they denied general revelation, they would have already deafened their ears and would have refused the gospel. But for those who had already accepted or hadn't yet denied general revelation, the gospel would have been libertarianly posative.
What?

They were responsible for general revelation?
What does your ramblings even mean?
How can anyone deny general revelation? What are you on about... Scripture says, therefore they have no excuse to know that there is a God not that there is salvation in Christ Jesus.

Stop confusing yourself.
Yes, for those who hadn't yet denied general revelation.
What on earth are you on about?
The Corinthians in question already had faith, in Christ Jesus because of the power of the Spirit and not their own power.

I think it despicable that people have to try so hard to deny what scripture is clearly saying in order to maintain a false teaching.

Paul went to Corinth to preach only Jesus and Him Crucified. It was not by wisdom or because the people already had a general revelation and could make a choice that they were saved, but by the demonstration of power and by the Spirit that they were saved and their faith therefore did not rest in self, but in the power of God.

Stop trying to change the word of God.
They would have to have been agnostic first and then denied general revelation. At that time they libertarianly could have sought more and been led to the gospel. But they didn't. Now they're hardened.
Absolute nonsense.
They are unbelievers. People lie about denying general revelation. It is there in scripture. You should be able to discern it.
19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
Could have sought more?

You are one confused individual, so in love with self you cannot even see the woods for the tree.
You libertarianly love self more than anyone else I have ever had a conversation with.

You know that you are supposed to die to self...
Those atheists already denied God and we're responsible when they were agnostic and became atheist.
Where do you come up with these ideas....

You managed to skirt everything I posted with your non-answers.

Try again.
If an atheist received full revelation (can not deny God), that Jesus alone is the way the truth and the life, and rejection of Him will end up in eternal fire, why on earth would they choose the fire.

I am challenging your premise that everybody can make a libertarian choice to be saved or to be condemned.
So stop skirting the issues and lets get down to where the rubber meets the road.

16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

One is not regenerated until one believes

John 20:31 (ESV)
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 1:12 (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Colossians 2:12-13 (ESV)
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Ephesians 2:5-8 (ESV)
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—
6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

1 Corinthians 4:15 (ESV)
15 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

One is not regenerated until one believes

John 20:31 (ESV)
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 1:12 (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Colossians 2:12-13 (ESV)
12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Ephesians 2:5-8 (ESV)
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—
6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

1 Corinthians 4:15 (ESV)
15 For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
I wonder how do you break thru to someone so that they will accept John 20:31 for what it states: "that by believing you may have life"
It reminds me how we all get stuck on our doctrines to the point where we deny what is right in front of us in scripture

I appreciate all the scripture you offer here

Back