Why I am not a Arminian (Anymore)

Cain did it his way.
The sad thing is that we can say something in a perfect way, but it doesn't do a thing. We have two targets; his head and his Heart. If we land a shot in his Heart, he would change his Mind. If we land a shot in his head, it does nothing for his Heart. He dodges Heart and Head shots, so it's always a clean miss with him :(

But the Word of God doesn't return to him Void, so missed shots land somewhere...

5 Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
just repeating yourself does not prove your point

The sad thing is that we can say something in a perfect way, but it doesn't do a thing. We have two targets; his head and his Heart. If we land a shot in his Heart, he would change his Mind. If we land a shot in his head, it does nothing for his Heart. He dodges Heart and Head shots, so it's always a clean miss with him :(

But the Word of God doesn't return to him Void, so missed shots land somewhere...
God can turn the Light on, but sadly I see in the theology of Provisionism a subtle yet distinct denial of the Spirit's Illumination. It becomes unnecessary within its system as witnessed by their teachings.

just repeating yourself does not prove your point
5 Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Once again, you demonstrate that you have not read your Bible. This happens because you accept untruth which leads to another.

The synoptic gospels prove you wrong. Jesus does know what we are thinking.

Matthew 9:4,12:25

Mark 2:1-12

Luke 5:22,6:8-9

Matthew 12:25:

And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “[x]Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and [y]any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he [z]is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27 If I by [aa]Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

Luke 5:22

22 But Jesus, [a]
aware of their reasonings, answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts?

30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

Please don't say things that are so easily refuted.

Jesus is omniscient.
The Bible explains why Jesus knows what He knows on earth and why there are some things He does not know.
He was listening to the Father, and He knew what the Father wanted Him to know,
I find it strange that the Bible clearly shows Jesus not knowing some things and yet people tell themselves He was an omniscient man.

Last edited:
It's not NASV unless you are Gail Riplinger. It's the NASB. New American Standard Bible.

From the NASB 1995.

John 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man.

Wrong again Seth.
Typical calvinist response. Your interest is in typos not in truth.
my point stands. Civic included words that are not in the verse

Unregenerated faith is born of the Flesh, and must be of your own Self-righteousness; right? IE Filthy-Rag faith...

Faith Born of the Spirit must be of God's Self Righteousness; it can be no other way...
where do you guys come up with these different types of faith? In your case unregenerated faith?
Doesn't the Bible come into play when you create your doctrine?

In a conversation, if a person like you insists on putting words in the other
Like what? Have you changed your mind about your faith that is not spiritual but self generated in the carnal mind?
The Bible explains why Jesus knows what He knows on earth and why there are some things He does not know.
I know it does. You seem to have trouble with it and make claims that are not in the Bible. You take a verse from context, and even if EVERY Christian weather Arminian or Calvinist disagrees with your interpretation.

So don't tell me what you say is found in the Bible, for if it was every orthodox believer would be in agreement with you.
He was listening to the Father, and He knew what the Father wanted Him to know,
I find it strange that the Bible clearly shows Jesus not knowing some things and yet people tell themselves He was an omniscient man.
I find it strange that you do not understand that he was BOTH God and Man. You claim He never stopped being God. yet you write people think He was an omnicient man...

where do you guys come up with these different types of faith? In your case unregenerated faith?
Faith is the substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...

A Hindu can have hope in the evidence of things not seen. This matches the Biblical Definition of what Faith is at it's basic level. The Hindu must have a Self-righteous faith since their belief is 'of' themselves. The Bible speaks of a righteousness which is of ourselves, and likens it to a Filthy-Rag. A Hindu's faith must belong to the Category of their Self-righteousness, since their faith is not 'of' the grace of God; even by a Provisionist's standard. By definition, they have Prevenient faith...

Right?

Last edited:
Your creation not his.

Unregenerate man is responsible for faith right? That is what you said "Amen" to.
Why do you now pretend otherwise?

Unregenerate faith is what you have! Show us where the Bible comes into play when you say faith is the responsibility of unregenerate man.

Your creation not his.

Unregenerate man is responsible for faith right? That is what you said "Amen" to.

Unregenerate faith is what you have! Show us where the Bible comes into play when you say faith is the responsibility of unregenerate man.
Your problem is the bible puts faith before regeneration

John 20:31 (ESV)
31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

John 5:40 (ESV)
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

John 1:12 (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 2:12 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 (KJV)
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

faith and repentance lead to remission of sin which must precede regeneration

you believe in unregenerate faith and you don't even realize it ROFL. :ROFLMAO:

@Theo1689 will attest to that with your false ideas on Romans 1 where you say God gives all men faith.

You have been teaching that heresy for years.

next

Faith is the substance of things Hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...

A Hindu can have hope in the evidence of things not seen. This matches the Biblical Definition of what Faith is at it's basic level. The Hindu must have a Self-righteous faith since their belief is 'of' themselves. The Bible speaks of a righteousness which is of ourselves, and likens it to a Filthy-Rag. A Hindu's faith must belong to the Category of their Self-righteousness, since their faith is not 'of' the grace of God; even by a Provisionist's standard. By definition, they have Prevenient faith...

Right?
In this case I am not asking for your rationalization. I am asking for scripture that shows unregenerated faith.

you believe in unregenerate faith and you don't even realize it ROFL. :ROFLMAO:

@Theo1689 will attest to that with your false ideas on Romans 1 where you say God gives all men faith.

You have been teaching that heresy for years.

next
Ask reverend if He was referring to the faith God gives every man. so that they can know He exists.
I doubt that was what Rev was claiming

Your creation not his.

I think you miss his point. Whatever Rev means by unregenerate faith, is not the same as the faith that saves,
But I have asked him for scripture on this so possibly he will come thru with scripture and explain what he means,

But if he is referring to the Biblical fact that an unregenerate man must entrust Himself to God, then I agree with that.

I think you miss his point. Whatever Rev means by unregenerate faith, is not the same as the faith that saves,
But I have asked him for scripture on this so possibly he will come thru with scripture and explain what he means,

But if he is referring to the Biblical fact that an unregenerate man must entrust Himself to God, then I agree with that.
every single person in church that is not born again has unregenerate faith.

Think of every heterodox religious system all have unregenerate faith. Since you are heterodox you of all people should understand the concept of unregenerate faith since that is the perfect description of your faith.

next

every single person in church that is not born again has unregenerate faith.

Think of every heterodox religious system all have unregenerate faith. Since you are heterodox you of all people should understand the concept of unregenerate faith since that is the perfect description of your faith.

next
He's cornered; but as usual is a slippery rascal...

Yes, of course, we are allowed to express our opinions here.
But as Christian, I would advise you not to criticize other posters when you have nothing to offer.

Your assumption that I have nothing to offer is unfounded... Here, a lesson from my archives:

The passage that you quoted doesn't tell us what the Lord Jesus Christ emptied himself of. The answer comes from the Greek word κενοδοξίαν in v. 3. Paul commanded the Philippians to “let there be nothing after strife or vainglory.” The word “vainglory” is translated from κενοδοξίαν, which comes from two words, κενός, meaning “empty,” and δόξα, meaning “glory.”

Paul is contrasting the Philippians with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Philippians were conceited with a baseless self-pride or empty glory. The Lord Jesus Christ, who indeed had a legitimate basis for pride and glory, being equal to God the Father with whom he had glory before the world was, emptied himself of such glory upon his incarnation.

Paul also commands the Philippians to let there be things done “after humility.” The Lord Jesus Christ “humbled himself when he became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” The aorist participles following the aorist indicative paints the action of the participle as concurrent with that of the verb. Therefore, the humiliation occurred during the crucifixion, or perhaps, culminated in the crucifixion.

Summary: The Lord Jesus Christ “emptied himself” when he incarnated, that is, (1) when he took the form of a servant, (2) when he was made in the likeness of men, and (3) when he was found in manner as a man. He emptied himself of the glory which he had with God the Father before the world was, not his divinity or deity.

Back