Satan and Hell

Unless they repent.
Then, they get no punishment for literally anything they did in life.
I'm certainly thankful for his mercy in my life.

This is not true. We reap what we sow. (Galatians 6:7) They, evil doers, will eventually receive some type of punishment in this life according to God's timing who gives people time to repent and turn from wickedness. (Rev 2:21) The people of God also receive correction (punishment) for the wrong things we do in this life. Heb 12:5-11

Ecclesiates 8:11-13 Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the human heart is fully set to do evil. 12 Though sinners do evil a hundred times and prolong their lives, yet I know that it will be well with those who fear God, because they stand in fear before him, 13 but it will not be well with the wicked, neither will they prolong their days like a shadow, because they do not stand in fear before God.

Last edited:
Reply to deleted post

There is one difference between you and Yahweh.

You didn't create other things by your own power so they essentially owe their existence to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one difference between you and Yahweh.

You didn't create other things by your own power so they essentially owe their existence to you.
EDITED for Blasphemy

"I created her, so she owes her existence to me"

I would be a monster.

EDITED for Blasphemy

(If you think "creatorship confers ownership" applies to sentient beings, that is dismal.)

There is a popular idea that Satan is the ruler of Hell and tortures those who are condemned to go there. In his poem Paradise Lost John Milton has him say that it is better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven. There is nothing in the Bible that supports this belief.

Here is what the Bible says about Satan and his relationship with Hell.

The devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Revelation 20:10 ESV

Rather than torturing others he will suffer the most intense torture that is possible. Hell will be more bearable for the other inhabitants than for him. In fact Hell was made for him and his angels.
You are claiming to have supernatural knowledge with no proof at all. You are suggesting that you know the true nature of God and Satan, you know they exist, you know that Hell is a place outside our reality, etc. Those are astounding claims. Just the ability to collect evidence from outside our reality would get you a Nobel Prize.

How did you prove any of this is true? And are you saying that Paradise Lost is scripture?

Divisive Post
In my world, parents create their children.
If I watched my daughter - whom I created - being raped, and only afterward punished the rapist, citing

"I created her, so she owes her existence to me"

I would be a monster.
Yahweh does it? He gets a pass.

(If you think "creatorship confers ownership" applies to sentient beings, that is dismal.)
Rule 25

Freedom of Speech:

Your freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.

In other words, by registering, you agree not to be vulgar, divisive, insulting, profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way (Luke 6:31).

You have NO unspoken right to speak in a perverted, offensive, profane, foul, or blasphemous manner. This is a Christian website, and you may not post words in mockery of Christian beliefs or terms offensive in descriptions of our Lord God. You may certainly challenge Christian teaching but do so respectfully.

Try making sense of that and tell me you do not just want to walk into the ocean.

Killing people for God is not why Satan was sent to hell. Allegedly. It was refusing to carry on doing God's dirty work as you put it, that earned that fate. The film "The Godfather" was perhaps better named than we realised.
Straw man.

I stand by and watch a rape, then punish the rapist? I am a monster.
You are? Has that ever happened? Don't you think it would depend on the circumstances on what you would do in the imaginary scenario depicted where rape happens? Where it would cost you something to intervene in an attempted rape? Where you would have to initiate bravery to overcome fear something dreadful might happen to you if you intervened? You might get beat or killed if you intervened on behalf of the female? Is it about you or is it about the female? What would God have you do if you observed a rape? You would probably say nothing, wouldn't you.
Yahweh does it? He gets a pass.
You would indict God as a monster? Perhaps that says more about you than it does about God? Do you believe God is loving and forgiving and you would reflect God to the world then go out and be loving and forgiving to everyone you meet every day? Don't you believe that would be your responsibility? If you believe God is courageous then go out and be courageous so you will reflect God to the world. Is that not your obligation? Do you not reflect God to the world?
Unless they repent.
Then, they get no punishment for literally anything they did in life.
Can you provide examples? Did Paul receive no punishment?
Since you reject the idea that he knows in advance what we will freely choose,
What do you reject about God and what do you misrepresent in your jaundiced view? it sounds like hate is at your core here. Hatred of God. Depicting God as evil.

Last edited:
Christianity really is just a completely immoral and bonkers world view.
Opinion (n)
Drowning babies is good,
It is? For us? You believe God wants us to drown babies? What about abortion? Is that also good? What about stitching fetal skin on rats? Do you believe that is what God would have us do? You probably do, don't you. (n)
ignoring rape is good,
It is? Do you believe God would have us ignore rape? You probably do, don't you. (n)
refusing to cure cancer is good,
It is? You are full of hate and that is not good. There is enough hate in the world but you must think the more the better! (n)
but disbelief in one of the 10,000 gods is punishable by eternal torment.
Against idolatry?
Try making sense of that and tell me you do not just want to walk into the ocean.
it sounds like you are not making sense of anything but are spewing poison. (n)

Last edited:
That's probably untrue. If you knew that if you stopped a rape, then hundreds more would certainly happen, you probably wouldn't stop it at all.
I would prevent those hundreds.
And any that came after.

In fact, given that I made most people to live their lives without ever entertaining the thought of raping somebody, I would have made everybody that way - voila! No more rapes, ever, and everybody has free will.

I would prevent those hundreds.
And any that came after.

In fact, given that I made most people to live their lives without ever entertaining the thought of raping somebody, I would have made everybody that way - voila! No more rapes, ever, and everybody has free will.
Okay: so I guess you acknowledge that, possibly, it's permissible to allow a rape to occur. How have you reached the determination that God could not have reasons to permit the same?

Okay: so I guess you acknowledge that, possibly, it's permissible to allow a rape to occur.
No, I do not acknowledge that; I can see no scenario where an all-powerful being would be justified in allowing a rape to occur.
How have you reached the determination that God could not have reasons to permit the same?
If "I have my reasons" wouldn't get a human rape-watcher off the hook, why would it excuse an all-powerful god?

Unless you tell me what the reason/s is, you do not get the benefit of the doubt, be you human or god.

That's probably untrue. If you knew that if you stopped a rape, then hundreds more would certainly happen, you probably wouldn't stop it at all.
Were I not all-powerful, you would be right.

But my objection is levelled at an all-powerful being for whom nothing "certainly" follows - I can see no circumstance where an all-powerful being would be in the position of not being able to stop a rape because "hundreds of others would follow".

Were I not all-powerful, you would be right.
Great: so being as you're not all powerful, I'm right that you wouldn't prevent a rape from happening if you knew that in doing so hundreds more would certainly occur. So, that means you are committed to the idea that it's possibly permissible to allow a rape to occur.

Evidently, if God exists, then he permits rapes to occur, and it's your view that since he could not possess (good) reasons to permit this, he doesn't exist. But I'm asking you how you've determined that he could not have these.

Back