Shall we CONTINUE in sin that grace might abound ?

You know how it is on the Secular Atheism Board. Atheists ask Christians questions, but the Christians don't answer the questions; at least not in the way the Atheists want. When I'm there, I will answer their questions. This results in the stopping of the mouth, etc...
It sure does.

Please try to comprehend what my question is asking you, and answer it: "When your sin abounds, are you thankful for the increase of God's grace toward you?"
You mean the verse you just ripped out if its intended context ?

The law increases sin is the meaning. Believers are not under the law and have been set free from the law. Christ the 2nd adam fulfilled the law. The law is a tudor to bring man to Christ.

Gert your beliefs in line with the biblical narrative instead of making excuses for sin.

Romans 5
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Next...

The law increases sin is the meaning. Believers are not under the law and have been set free from the law. Christ the 2nd adam fulfilled the law. The law is a tudor to bring man to Christ.

Gert your beliefs in line with the biblical narrative instead of making excuses for sin.

Romans 5
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Next...
Everybody has been taught that by someone. Now back to my question.

This time, please try to comprehend what my question is asking you, and answer it: "When your sin abounds, are you thankful for the increase of God's grace toward you?"

Everybody has been taught that by someone. Now back to my question.

This time, please try to comprehend what my question is asking you, and answer it: "When your sin abounds, are you thankful for the increase of God's grace toward you?"
I'm not under the law are you ?

Romans 5

Next...
Oh I love this one, the law increases sin. It's like when you're told not to do something you just can't rest until you give it a shot. Like when your a kid and you're told you can't ride your bike here in your minds thinking sure I can check this out. Or back in the 70s and the war on drugs. They made the penalty so high thinking that'll stop people from using drugs and all I did was fill up prisons.

You're absolutely right the law is the tutor because it shows us our inability to keep the law... Oh wretched man that I am who will save me from this body of sin and death? The answer is Jesus the only man... God Man in history that was able to live a sinless life.

Oh I love this one, the law increases sin. It's like when you're told not to do something just can't rest until you give it a shot. Like when your kid and you're told you can't ride your bike here in your minds thinking sure I can check this out. Or back in the 70s and the war on drugs. They made the penalty so high thinking that'll stop people from using drugs and all I did was fill up prisons.

You're absolutely right the law is the tutor because it shows us our inability to keep the law... Oh wretched man that I am who will save me from this body of sin and death? The answer is Jesus the only man... God Man in history that was able to live a sinless life.
Are you sinless?

Oh I love this one, the law increases sin. It's like when you're told not to do something you just can't rest until you give it a shot. Like when your a kid and you're told you can't ride your bike here in your minds thinking sure I can check this out. Or back in the 70s and the war on drugs. They made the penalty so high thinking that'll stop people from using drugs and all I did was fill up prisons.

Amen brother that is Pauls point.

No Christian is Antinomian. All people are either under the law of Moses or under the law of the Spirit of life.

To accuse one of being antinomian because they reject the law of Moses as a rule of life shows that one still of under the law of Moses, yet to be born again. Christians would never condone sinning so that grace will abound. They accused Paul of it, and they will accuse Christians of it as well.

This OP is a strawman.

Is it your belief that because you are not under the law, you don't sin?
1 John 1:8-2:2
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world

Next....

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

The answer is Yes.

The issue is not the expectation of fruit. The issue is the absence of fruit and why.

Biblically, NO ONE can require anything other than "faith" from those naming the name of Christ. Yes, You can demand more, the standard is faith alone.

There are many reasons why that faithful people do not produce fruit that others require of salvation.

Peter said....

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Which means if these are not ABOUNDING in a person, then they are unfruitful and barren.

Now, just how many of you qualify based upon the words of "Peter" to be fruitful?

I'll say this very slowly.... :)

There plenty of people requiring silly things from God's children. They are nothing more than legalistic frauds. I require nothing from a person but unwavering faith.

The faith that also believes GOD WILL FORGIVE US simply because of Jesus Christ and because we ASK.....

Just so you know. I've sinned several times today. I don't believe I'm alone. I just asked the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive me of my foolishness. To forgive me of ignorance and my lack of charity toward all men. In faith, I believe He forgives me.

Guess what. I'll do it again SOON.......
Well yeah... Guess what? It's in the Bible. We have faith that when we blow it, miss the mark he is faithful and just to forgive us when we ask him. We repent and we turn away from our sin. So how many times do we forgive Our brother? seven? 70x7? Or as many as it takes? As an unlimited number. That's God showing us the way he forgives us when we blow it.

So let me ask you guys/gals a question.

If you were alone with God for a few hours with your bible on a private beach, or in the mountains by a lake or a river and you were praying and meditating with Christ.

Are you saying you would sin once or several times in that process ?

That you are incapable of focusing your thoughts on Christ alone and interceding for others in prayer and worship of Christ and enjoying the presence and fellowship with God ?

Recognizing your sin and asking for forgiveness is key.
My wife and I are in a book club at Church and reading book called How to Be a Sinner. It's a great book (don't let the title get to you lol) and is about the fact that we are sinners. When we understand this, we will actually be more humble, less likely to judge others and happier people doing our best to live a life in Christ.

1 John 1:8-2:2
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world

Next....
Thank you, but that doesn't answer my question. (You continue proving you are not interested honest dialogue)

Please answer my question: "Is it your belief that because you are not under the law, you don't sin?"

So let me ask you guys/gals a question.

If you were alone with God for a few hours with your bible on a private beach, or in the mountains by a lake or a river and you were praying and meditating with Christ.

Are you saying you would sin once or several times in that process ?

That you are incapable of focusing your thoughts on Christ alone and interceding for others in prayer and worship of Christ and enjoying the presence and fellowship with God ?
It's possible I might fall asleep during it...

My wife and I are in a book club at Church and reading book called How to Be a Sinner. It's a great book (don't let the title get to you lol) and is about the fact that we are sinners. When we understand this, we will actually be more humble, less likely to judge others and happier people doing our best to live a life in Christ.
I understand the concept.

But you do realize the N.T. talks about believers a saints who are set apart, not sinners who continue in sin. A believer should have a difference in their life pre/post new birth.

Do you agree ?

If not why not ?

And I'm against sinless perfection as an FYI. But that does not excuse sin as Paul says shall we continue in sin that grace might abound. may it never be. Romans 6:1.

Back