Rock star?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go to defend your non-leader. I fully admit that I am by no means perfect. That is why I subscribe to the notion of simul justus et peccator. But Peter was not merely "imperfect." He deviated from the Gospel. Rather than acting as a true leader of God's church, he behaved like a drunkard, intoxicated by the spiritual drug called legalism. He had to be awakened and corrected. We all make mistakes. But to preach another gospel than the one delivered to mankind through Christ is a perilous mistake. No true Christian leader does that.
The preaching in a Roman Catholic Church pulpit is more authoritative and less the Word of God, because the limits of variation in belief are so much more precisely drawn.

Galatians 2:16
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

Pretty simple -- the one you and others tout in Acts 15 is a simple bystander
Please show us links to where any of us said he was a "simple bystander." I would be VERY interested in reading that. Because I used the search engine, putting in "bystander" for this forum and the only posts that came up were yours here and mine.

You may want to be more careful when it comes to making unfounded accusations. Because we all know that Peter was very important in Acts 15, with his witness and defense--but WHO was it that actually made the final decision about circumcision of the Gentiles? Care to enlighten us, Arch?

Please show us links to where any of us said he was a "simple bystander." I would be VERY interested in reading that. Because I used the search engine, putting in "bystander" for this forum and the only posts that came up were yours here and mine.

You may want to be more careful when it comes to making unfounded accusations. Because we all know that Peter was very important in Acts 15, with his witness and defense--but WHO was it that actually made the final decision about circumcision of the Gentiles? Care to enlighten us, Arch?
Throughout these threads unfounded accusations has been the RC way.

We know Peter was important, James was important, Paul was important, Timothy was important, Titus was important, Thomas also may not have had all his travels written down but he went to India showing he was important, Phillip was important. Throughout the NT the apostles and other disciples were important to spreading the real gospel. None of them were bystanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back