God 'accepts decisions of man'?

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Misfit said:
They are indeed authoritative. The Church which is made up of real persons has the authority to decide things, and such authority was given to them by God Himself, incarnated upon this earth. Once decided, God will accept these decisions wholeheartedly.

Where is officially this taught by the Catholic church? Since when does man get to decide 'things' so that 'God can accept' it?

This is literally blasphemy, putting the 'decisions' of man over the Sovereign will of God.

God doesn't 'accept decisions of man', man accepts decisions of God.

It’s nowhere in the Bible. It’s blasphemy you need to repent.
Now show is where this is an official Catholic teaching.
It may not be an official teaching, but it is the logical outcome of the denial of sola scriptura. If you deny God's Word as the ultimate authority, all you have left is man's word as your ultimate authority.

And the RCs on here, in their fanatical devotion to the RCC, will blind themselves to this truth.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

It may not be an official teaching, but it is the logical outcome of the denial of sola scriptura. If you deny God's Word as the ultimate authority, all you have left is man's word as your ultimate authority.

And the RCs on here, in their fanatical devotion to the RCC, will blind themselves to this truth.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Nope, they have been blind to the truth for a long time now. What they will do, despite their protestations, is confirm it......... AGAIN.

If you deny God's Word as the ultimate authority,
So who is denying God's Word as the ultimate authority now? …17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Matt 18:17-18.

So here we have Jesus saying to the Apostles that their decisions will be accepted by God. This seems pretty clear to me.

So who is denying God's Word as the ultimate authority now? …17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Matt 18:17-18.

So here we have Jesus saying to the Apostles that their decisions will be accepted by God. This seems pretty clear to me.
NO that is NOT what bind and loose means.

point out what decisions are in these verses?

who/what is meant by 'the church' in these verses?

And while you’re at it, you may want to study what it means to bind and loose, because you have no idea.
You have no idea. You have that wrong like you have most of your other scriptural proclamations wrong.

So who is denying God's Word as the ultimate authority now? …17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
Apostle's decisions from the word of God, not RCC's decisions from their other ultimate uninspired authorities.

A Catholic Theologian Skilled in the are of theological distortion can "Prove" almost anything out of the Bible (wink, wink, say n'more)
Hey, I'm not a Catholic Theologian, but even I can "prove" the Bible says (1) there is no God, and (2) women won't be in Heaven, and (3) the keys Jesus gave to Peter were to His Honda. 😉

Then, if ya cain't find it in the Bible, there's always the myste-e-erious Oral Tradition!

--Rich

Back