The origin of life: Cell membranes.

OK. You are bankrupt of ideas.
Now Temujin, I am so flattered you find my pithy proverbs so quote-worthy!

But in order to become the independent thinker you want others to think you are—at some point—you’re gonna have to become more original. Stop trying to be me‼️‼️????

Now Temujin, I am so flattered you find my pithy proverbs so quote-worthy!

But in order to become the independent thinker you want others to think you are—at some point—you’re gonna have to become more original. Stop trying to be me‼️‼️????
I'm content with what others actually think of me, rather than trying for fantasy recognition as a medical, economics, financial, agriculture expert with Olympic ambitions who owns several yachts. That's not you by the way. It would do you good to talk about someone other than yourself for a bit.

I'm content with what others actually think of me, rather than trying for fantasy recognition as a medical, economics, financial, agriculture expert with Olympic ambitions who owns several yachts. That's not you by the way. It would do you good to talk about someone other than yourself for a bit.
Oh now Temujin, everything is just gonna be alright. BTW how’s that worn out dictionary⁉️⁉️??????

I realized that after I posted it. Unfortunately, it would not allowed me to reedit the post. But it is interesting to observe the response. And I am no expert.
You have to admit that your attempt to sound all superior was rather undercut by such a schoolboy error. Or perhaps you have no sense of humour at all, at least where your own failings are concerned.

You have to admit that your attempt to sound all superior was rather undercut by such a schoolboy error. Or perhaps you have no sense of humour at all, at least where your own failings are concerned.
A totally unprovoked and viciously unmerited attack - I like it.

Speaking of having “no sense of humor”. My dear Temujin, that’s what I’ve been telling you!!!
Oh, Wait a minute, youre one of those believers in that evolution myth. Sorry about that ????
You do have a sense of humor after all ???‼️ It just keeps evolving ???

The line between micro and macro has already been drawn at 500 bits of information by the Discovery Institute which corresponds to a word essay of 107 characters or 250 DNA base pairs which is 83 and one third codons. This number is derived from the estimated age of the universe in seconds, Plank's constant (which is the number of events that can occur in one second) and the number of particles in the universe*.

Obviously you can't observe macro-evolution in real time but you can with micro which is the reason for the extrapolation.

* The number is 10^150 which corresponds to log2(10^150) = 498.29 bits of information which is then rounded up to 500.
Note: numbers in parenthesis are exponents.

A Planck Length: consider a particle or dot .01mm in size, which is the smallest the unaided human eye can facilitate. If that dot were as large as the observable universe, then another dot that size juxtaposed within the universe provides a scale for a Planck Length…10(-33) centimeters

A quanta of time: as measured by the time it takes light to travel that distance. Wicked short period of time and the shortest span of time that makes sense within our understanding of quantum physics and the shortest period of time within which a ‘physical effect’ can occur.

Since the ‘big bang’: there have been approximately 10(140) of these units of time since the big bang as worked out by a guy named Bill Dembski. So, there have been basically 10(140) units of time in the universe since the big bang where a physical effect could happen. That many ‘opportunities’ so to speak for a thing to occur. Dembski calculate this by factoring the number of elementary particles in the universe 10(80), times the number of seconds since the big bang 10(17) times the number of possible interactions per second 10(43).
This is referred to as the total probabilistic resources of the observable universe.

Other mathematicians have calculated the probabilistic resources to be more restrictive—University Physicist Bret Van de Sande at 2.6 x 10(92) and MIT computer scientist Seth Lloyd at 10(120).

What are the chances (all of the many other necessary factors aside) of a simple 150 unit sequence of amino acids coming together to form a viable functional protein? 10(164)

To put that into perspective comparing 10(140) to 10(164) ——the second number is roughly 24 orders of magnitude greater than the first or roughly a trillion, trillion times larger.

The above is only a small portion of the relevant probability mechanics involved in ‘first life’ occurring by ‘chance alone’.

Staggering, isn’t it?

The relevant information borrowed from sources cited in the book by Stephen Meyer ’Signature in the Cell’.

The above is only a small portion of the relevant probability mechanics involved in ‘first life’ occurring by ‘chance alone’.
Irrelevant. The first life formed by chemistry, and chemistry is not a 'chance alone' process. If chemistry were a chance process, then there would be equal amounts of H₂O and HO₂ in the universe. There are not. You need to include the non-random effects of chemistry in your calculation for it to have any relevance.

Irrelevant. The first life formed by chemistry, and chemistry is not a 'chance alone' process. If chemistry were a chance process, then there would be equal amounts of H₂O and HO₂ in the universe. There are not. You need to include the non-random effects of chemistry in your calculation for it to have any relevance.
Prove your "there would be" claim.
Under what authority do you declare "need"?

Why do you make ignorant non-science based claims?

Back