Any pro-life people here able to defend their position?

You have never said that something is wrong?

You, in this very thread, have asserted that I am wrong!

Why is it that accusing me of being narcissistic {i.e. wrong} isn't presumptuous of you - but asserting that it is wrong to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon another would be presumptuous???
The term needless pain can mean different things to different people.

So it is you contention that everyone agrees on one moral standard. Really now.
Nope - I'm not going to go back in the thread to find it, but what I very clearly stated is that we all {minus socio/psychopaths} agree that it is immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others AND that some of us also extend the definition of immorality to include things that do not qualify as conscious and purposeful inflictions of needless harm upon others

I even gave the example of taking the name of the Lord in vain!

You have never said that something is wrong?

You, in this very thread, have asserted that I am wrong!

Why is it that accusing me of being narcissistic {i.e. wrong} isn't presumptuous of you - but asserting that it is wrong to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon another would be presumptuous???
I am getting the picture that you want to go thru life with no problems and having everyone cater to your wishes. You are extremely self absorbed.

God doesn't need to present us with trials to help us grow
God can help us to grow every bit as much WITHOUT trials

The trials are NEEDLESS
To consciously and purposefully inflict needless trials is immoral
Depends which god you are referring to. The God of the Biblical testimony says there are trials

The term needless pain can mean different things to different people.
The term "narcissist" can mean different things to different people

You didn't hesitate to call me a narcissist

Again, why wasn't that presumptuous, but asserting that it's wrong to inflict needless harm is???

Nope - I'm not going to go back in the thread to find it, but what I very clearly stated is that we all {minus socio/psychopaths} agree that it is immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others AND that some of us also extend the definition of immorality to include things that do not qualify as conscious and purposeful inflictions of needless harm upon others

Did someone take your lunch from you at school when you were a child? And you never got over it?

But do we? Pro-choice abortion is purposefully inflicting needless harm

The term "narcissist" can mean different things to different people

You didn't hesitate to call me a narcissist

Again, why wasn't that presumptuous, but asserting that it's wrong to inflict needless harm is???
So we dont seem to be able to agree on any words. Let me use the litmus test.
Do you recognise that a man who identifies as a transwoman is a man?

I am getting the picture that you want to go thru life with no problems and having everyone cater to your wishes. You are extremely self absorbed.
You, then, are extremely confused

There are plenty enough naturally occurring trials in life
I have no issue with this

In fact, wouldn't be much of a life at all were there no challenges

What I take issue with is the conscious and purposeful infliction of needless trials

I don't care!

Call yourself whatever you wish - it's no skin off my nose
Why is this an issue?

You, then, are extremely confused

There are plenty enough naturally occurring trials in life
I have no issue with this

In fact, wouldn't be much of a life at all were there no challenges

What I take issue with is the conscious and purposeful infliction of needless trials
I get it, you want to run your own life and forget God. Many people do that now without a second thought. But you cannot shake the fact that God is chastising you for something and you resent it. If you want to fight the God who is There (a name of an old book) then go right ahead, but don’t try to drag others into your realm of self pity.

you are proof of the old saying: Misery loves company, and you hate being miserable by yourself.

I don't care!

Call yourself whatever you wish - it's no skin off my nose
Why is this an issue?
Its a litmus test of woke. Your response is typical of those who dont recognise the reality and thus would explain why we cant agree on what is needless harm, pro-choice abortion being an example of needless harm

But do we? Pro-choice abortion is purposefully inflicting needless harm
The vast majority of abortions, as I understand it, occur when the unborn is little more than a gob of goo
I don't see how it's possible to inflict harm upon a gob of goo

Were it made known to me that the unborn being aborted are, in fact, fully fledged human beings capable of feeling pain, then I will absolutely stand opposed to abortion

As it is now, I really don't think much about it at all

This person is casting a net to drag others down into the pit of misery that they inhabit.

I get it, you want to run your own life and forget God. Many people do that now without a second thought. But you cannot shake the fact that God is chastising you for something and you resent it. If you want to fight the God who is There (a name of an old book) then go right ahead, but don’t try to drag others into your realm of self pity.

you are proof of the old saying: Misery loves company, and you hate being miserable by yourself.
Awfully presumptuous of you to diagnose me like that, don't you think?

Nope, it is called observation.
Let's approach this from another angle

I'm not asking you to identify all harm and determine which does and which does not qualify as needless
THAT, would be presumptuous...

What I want to know from you is if there is a harm, one that you recognize as and believe to be needless, and you go ahead and inflict it anyway - are you immoral for doing so???

Back