As badly as this place has gone down hill

Simpletruther

And it has, not a good place for interesting discussion any more. It still looks like a hot bed of well meaning articulate dispassionate deep thinkers on the left compared to the rabid crazy leftists on the debatepolitics website.

My hat goes off to you guys

I come here because otherwise I do not have any contact with Trump supporters and RW conspiracy theorists, and I would like to know what these people believe and why, and how they connect these political/social beliefs to their Christianity.

I come here because otherwise I do not have any contact with Trump supporters and RW conspiracy theorists, and I would like to know what these people believe and why, and how they connect these political/social beliefs to their Christianity.
Jesus saves.

The Lord Jesus Christ gave life when He raised the dead. Restored life. Praise The LORD

We vote Pro-Life.
Jesus the Great Physician.
FaoChi the Great is a left winger Quack.

Check out TheologyWeb. In theory, they try to run a neutral discussion forum, but it's staffed mostly by conservative Christians, some of whom are definitely insane. With that said, some of the same staff are either atheists or religiously liberal.

The bottom line is that crazy political / religious analysis is mixed with genuine agreement / reason, and slightly more than a majority are conservative in their politics. It's both similar-to and different-from here...

And it has, not a good place for interesting discussion any more.
Right, people give up or move along.
It still looks like a hot bed of well meaning articulate dispassionate deep thinkers on the left compared to the rabid crazy leftists
That does not mean downhill.
on the debatepolitics website.
Right. That is downhill but many here contribute to both places so there is cross-contamination.
yeah, the caliber here is better at times.

Jesus saves.

The Lord Jesus Christ gave life when He raised the dead. Restored life. Praise The LORD

We vote Pro-Life.
Jesus the Great Physician.
FaoChi the Great is a left winger Quack.
Yep you also vote pro whoremonger, pro liar, pro greed, pro pride etc and you sleep well voting for such debauchery. Jesus must be proud.

And it has, not a good place for interesting discussion any more. It still looks like a hot bed of well meaning articulate dispassionate deep thinkers on the left compared to the rabid crazy leftists on the debatepolitics website.

CARM was never "uphill," dude.

CARM was never "uphill," dude.
It usedto be a lot better. More people actually ongaging in I teletext debate I stead if back and forth mud slinging.

But still, it's much better than debatepilitics, which is 90% snide remarks and ignoring real discussion.

It usedto be a lot better. More people actually ongaging in I teletext debate I stead if back and forth mud slinging.

But still, it's much better than debatepilitics, which is 90% snide remarks and ignoring real discussion.
We havent had situations where observable reality that has been accepted for centuries is denied. As I have pointed out even traditional liberals are now considered RW. So no wonder.

I have too much contact with people on the left and come here as a respite from the madness.

Reactions: BMS
Check out TheologyWeb. In theory, they try to run a neutral discussion forum, but it's staffed mostly by conservative Christians, some of whom are definitely insane. With that said, some of the same staff are either atheists or religiously liberal.

The bottom line is that crazy political / religious analysis is mixed with genuine agreement / reason, and slightly more than a majority are conservative in their politics. It's both similar-to and different-from here...
Even traditional liberals are now RW to woke. Society is now split between the extremist mentally deficient woke, and all the rest in all their diversity

Even traditional liberals are now RW to woke. Society is now split between the extremist mentally deficient woke, and all the rest in all their diversity
I have a sneaky feeling that this is what liberals or those on the left wanted.

I imagine any site dedicated to politics is a wasteland. I really wouldn't know. This website would continue on if it dropped this politics area.

I think the politics of today makes policy discussions somewhat frivolous. Like the border, what is left to debate? It's just a clash of conservatives against the latest leftist ideas.

I do recall Joe promising to make gas expensive, and then to kill it. His plan is working so far, is there anything to debate about it?

Reactions: BMS
I imagine any site dedicated to politics is a wasteland. I really wouldn't know. This website would continue on if it dropped this politics area.

I think the politics of today makes policy discussions somewhat frivolous. Like the border, what is left to debate? It's just a clash of conservatives against the latest leftist ideas.

I do recall Joe promising to make gas expensive, and then to kill it. His plan is working so far, is there anything to debate about it?
I do not recall that at all. Can you provide a link?
Cannot debate something without actual data.

I have a sneaky feeling that this is what liberals or those on the left wanted.
Actually they didnt, or they probably never realised it could get mentally insane. For example Pinkner in the US, Brand, Oliver, Fry, Starkey in the UK all have issues with woke ideology, which is an extremist murderous cultural marxist spirit.

I do not recall that at all. Can you provide a link?
Cannot debate something without actual data.
Then first tell us how you define a man as opposed to a woman in terms of gender as opposed to biological sex. Its only fair you start debating

Back