Mormon hypocrisy

Clearly, you don't understand what you're reading. God's word isn't really a sword. He's not really going to divide joint and marrow. These are all metaphors referring to judgment. They are intended to show God's power over mortal life. Thanks to Jesus, God's power over immortality has ended. The resurrected being can never be separated, not even by God.

Again, the body and the spirit make the soul.
Where is that taught?

SECTION 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants aEzra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose bword is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and cintents of the heart.

John 10:30
30 I and the Father are one”.
Read full chapter

Why not use Standard Words that tell us how they are ONE :)

2 Nephi 31:

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Alma 11:

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Mormon 7:

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

Clearly, you don't understand what you're reading. God's word isn't really a sword. He's not really going to divide joint and marrow. These are all metaphors referring to judgment. They are intended to show God's power over mortal life. Thanks to Jesus, God's power over immortality has ended. The resurrected being can never be separated, not even by God.

Again, the body and the spirit make the soul.
Even D&C 33 disagrees with you :)

Again, that's your interpretation.

God created the bodies we live in, which is clear from Genesis, but nothing in the scriptures describes a time or a place or how our spirits were made. You all assume it was at birth. I can't accept that because that would mean that God made us the way we are.

Your mormon theology is again unbiblical, it is so bad, I don't even know where to start

Zechariah 12:1, "The burden of the word of the LORD concerning Israel. Thus declares the LORD who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him" (The Hebrew word here means to mold, form, make, like a potter does pottery)

Romans 5:12, "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned." (All men are sinners by birth, by choice, and by practice and are subjects of God's wrath, needing salvation)

1 Corinthians 15:45-49
45 So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
47 The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. (If you become born again John 3, by Faith)

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART from ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE lawlessness.' (Sinners who think they are good!)

Have you ever read the Book of Romans?

It would seem that mormons only read the Bible, looking for isolated Scripture to take out of context and distort in order to support their heretical beliefs

He created some men to be evil and some to be good. They had no choice. That creates an unjust situation in judgment. How can God be just if he made us the way we are and then judge us for the things He made us to do?

Again, do you ever read your Bible?

Psalm 14:1-3
1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good.
2 The LORD has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there are any who understand, Who seek after God.
3 They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.

Romans 3:9-12
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin;
10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE righteous, NOT EVEN one;
11 THERE IS NONE who understands, THERE IS NONE who seeks for GOD;
12 ALL have turned aside, TOGETHER they have BECOME useless; THERE IS NONE who does good, THERE IS NOT EVEN one."

Mark 10:17-18
17 As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 1:15 It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.

So, no. God didn't create our spirits. What he did, was create a body for our spirits to dwell in. He gave us life that we didn't have before we were born. So, the body is nothing by matter joined to a spirit that has always exited. That joining, body and spirit, makes the soul. So, no. There are not three separate and distinct parts. The spirit is the man, the body connected to the spirit is the same man, the soul is the same man, body and spirit joined.

As usual, Biblical Scripture, taken in context, using the Hebrew and the Greek and the grammar correctly, exposes mormon beliefs as completely unbiblical!

I hope these make those passages more understandable for you.

Can you make sense of what Paul is saying in 1 Timothy 1?

1 Timothy 1:3-17
3 As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines,
4 nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.
5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. (saved by faith alone Galatians 2:16-21)
6 For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion,
7 wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions.
8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers
10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,
11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service,
13 even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;
14 and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.
15 It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.
16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. (Notice, eternal life is the result of faith, not works)
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

RCM

You seem to also have a comprehension problem​
This post does bother me. You make a claim that doesn't appear to be related to the post your replying to and then you don't bother to specify where you think that problem is. What is it that you don't think I understand?

I'll ask another question related to my post. Do you think God will have the power to separate body and spirit over us forever? Do you know what immortality is?

This post does bother me. You make a claim that doesn't appear to be related to the post your replying to and then you don't bother to specify where you think that problem is. What is it that you don't think I understand?

I'll ask another question related to my post. Do you think God will have the power to separate body and spirit over us forever? Do you know what immortality is?
God can do what ever he wants over us

John 17

Now, could you please show me where in the Bible would prove that ONE GOD means physically one entity? It's obvious they aren't one entity, the baptism of Christ is one. But considering all of the times Christ referred us to a higher power certainly seems like a lie considering if God is one being, then isn't Jesus his own Father?

That theology is so mind-numbing, Idon't see how you all can think straight after trying to explain it because you all can't. No one can. It's a mystery.
Of course we can think straight. We realize that God is un-created, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent. He us infinite; we are finite. God can BE and DO what we cannot. We cannot fully comprehend God's nature, this side of heaven, but that makes Him no less the infinite and omnipotent God. He is not held captive by our finite ability to comprehend Him fully. But that is fine with me. I want a BIG God, Who can do and be what I cannot. :)

So that is why Father. Son, and Holy Spirit can be One eternal Being, composed of three Separate and distinct Persons/Consciences. Yet remain One God. For "With man, it is indeed impossible, but with God, NOTHING is impossible."

You seem unable to address the argument. Can you answer the question or are you just going to attack me? Again, the problem is not mine.
"In order to understand the subject of the dead, for the consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary they should understand the character and being of God, for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined that God was God from all eternity." Joseph Smith sermon

Of course we can think straight.
I'm waiting. You make a claim, but then don't produce.
We realize that God is un-created, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent.
Bloviating.
God can BE and DO what we cannot.
Right. I know. Your view of God is a being who can lie and do whatever he wants. Sadly, I asked for evidence from the scriptures that the oneness of God is physical and what you offer is bloviation.
We cannot fully comprehend God's nature
Why not? Where does it say we can't comprehend God's nature? His ways and HIs thought, yes; we can't comprehend those. Again. this one sentence is proof that our critics don't know what they worship. We do.
this side of heaven, but that makes Him no less the infinite and omnipotent God.
And yet, your dogma limits God. He can't make us like himself. He can't produce offspring (even though the Bible specifically says that he did). We're not the ones putting limits on God, you all are.
He is not held captive by our finite ability to comprehend Him fully. But that is fine with me. I want a BIG God, Who can do and be what I cannot.
Again, proof that you limit God. He said that with him NOTHING is impossible, but apparently, you all don't believe that. It's in the Bible. But God's ability seems to be limited in your theology to be unable to make the impossible happen.
So that is why Father. Son, and Holy Spirit can be One eternal Being, composed of three Separate and distinct Persons/Consciences.
I know you've managed to make excuses to define God in unBiblical ways but that's not the question I asked. Please provide the verses that God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are the same physical being. And if you managed to do that, which I know you can't, please explain how that isn't modalism.
Yet remain One God. For "With man, it is indeed impossible, but with God, NOTHING is impossible."
Apparently, not. You just finished describing things that God can't do, so apparently, there are things that are impossible for God, according to your post.

So, back to the question, where do the scriptures describe God's oneness as being physical? I was kind enough to show, according to Jesus that their oneness can be and ought to be imitated by his followers. Clearly, that's not a physical oneness.

Back