What are Mormon children taught and at what age?

Janice Bower

• -Express to children that there is a difference between talking about God and bearing testimony of God.

• Teach children what to bear testimony of. They should be taught to bear testimony of Christ, of Joseph Smith and of the Book of Mormon.- Give children opportunities to bear testimonies at home, such as during family home evening. This gives these little ones a chance to share their testimonies in a less-stressful setting.

www.thechurchnews.com/archives/1994-06-18/how-to-help-children-learn-to-properly-bear-their-testimonies-139610

"When we love the Lord with all our heart, we have a warm feeling inside. When we love the Lord with our soul His spirit shines in us."

However, adults who read the Doctrine and Covenants are taught:

D&C 130
3 John 14:23—The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man’s heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false.

Last edited:
I think it's odd that children are told word for word what to say in a "testimony" about Joseph Smith.

"When we love the Lord with our soul His spirit shines in us."

That's odd, isn't it?

• Express to children that there is a difference between talking about God and bearing testimony of God.

• Teach children what to bear testimony of. They should be taught to bear testimony of Christ, of Joseph Smith and of the Book of Mormon.- Give children opportunities to bear testimonies at home, such as during family home evening. This gives these little ones a chance to share their testimonies in a less-stressful setting.
It appears to me that you don't know what the difference is between talking about God and bearing your testimony of God.
D&C 130
3 John 14:23—The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man’s heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false.
That is an old sectarian notion. God the father and the son are physical beings. they have bodies just like we do. It is no more feasible that they would dwell in a man's heart anymore than it would be that you dwell in a man's heart.

I think it's odd that you see anywhere in any of your texts where it states what to tell a child to say about Joseph Smith word for word.
“I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”

Taught in Primary, at the age of 3.

I like having input. And Mormon parents know they will be accountable iff they don't
“I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”

Taught in Primary, at the age of 3.
I like having input. And Mormon parents know they will be accountable if they don't teach their children to be good Mormons.

I like having input. And Mormon parents know they will be accountable iff they don't

I like having input. And Mormon parents know they will be accountable if they don't teach their children to be good Mormons.
It would be better to teach them about Jesus.

Back