Mother Mary

Mary told us, herself, in her Magnificat. I know Catholics know that very well.

Please show us where anyone on here has called Mary a "birthing vessel." I certainly have not. She was indeed special, "blessed among women--but not blessed ABOVE all women.

If they were rebukes, they were gentle ones. But where did anyone on here claim that Jesus' asking John to take care of His mother was like an "afterthought"? This is the very first time I have ever heard that accusation.

Jesus honored His mother perfectly, since He is and was the perfect and holy Son of God. But I can tell you He did NOT "honor" her by praying to her; giving her unbiblical titles such as "only hope for sinners" (making Jesus superfluous), "queen of heaven," "Star of the Sea", "Gate of heaven", "Cause of our Salvation" (rendering Jesus as so much chopped liver), etc. NOR did He make statues of her, dress it in gaudy garments, and parade the statue throughout the streets for people to fawn over, gawk at, and weep over.
Please show me where Scripture teaches that He "honored His mother perfectly."

The ECF's were just like a bunch of Protestant preachers today
all over the map, what ""They"" liked they espoused,
what they didn't they rejected

as Newman said
Rome looked around the world,
at all the beliefs and customs of the different groups
and the Philosophy of the educated
what they liked and could use to make their church more appealing to the people
they sugar coated it, repackaged it and sold it as truth
what they didn't like, they rejected
sounds like a bunch of Protestant Preachers of today

for the most part, the ECF's were men puffing themselves up
and vieying for the supremacy, and labelling anyone that disagreed as "Heretics"

I couldn't have come up with a better illustration than yours as to why we ask Mary and the saints to pray for us. Thank you my friend.
James 5:16
The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective
It isn't Mary who perfects our prayers, or helps us pray, but the Holy Spirit, Who intercedes for us, as Paul plainly says. Why do Catholics always give glory to Mary instead of to God?

And almost none of the Marian prayers I have read are pleas for intercession--instead, they are pleas for help, safety, to resist the devil, for salvation--things only God can do for us.

Last edited:
That is not what THE SCRIPTURES say.
Yes it is…

And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Yes it is…

And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
You missed a spot:

”41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

Back