Trinitarians have a pronoun problem

Break time - SIDEBAR:

Its not Trinitarians who have a pronoun problem....

But, this is the root cause of MANY OF those who do.

God is everywhere present (Psalm 139). The transgender pronoun Nazis have their own specific pronouns problems that are not the same as Trinitarian pronoun problems. One has to do with framing up false human identities, the other has to do with framing up false identities for God.

Jesus is YHWH. He is "the first" (Revelation 1:17), not the second person in a Trinitarian Godhead, because the Bible says, "in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9). Trinitarians say Jesus is in the Godhead. The Bible says the Godhead is in Him.
Not true. Jesus is not that "power" on whose right hand he sits. He is not YHWH (Ps 110:1).

And he is not the "first person" because the Father is his head (1 Cor 11:3).

Not true. Jesus is not that "power" on whose right hand he sits. He is not YHWH (Ps 110:1).

And he is not the "first person" because the Father is his head (1 Cor 11:3).

Jesus said, "I am the First" (Revelation 1:17). With Isaiah 44:6, God says "I am the first and I am the last, and apart from me there is no God."

There can only be one who is THE FIRST.

You have three choices:
1. Call Jesus a liar or lunatic
2. Accept him as the one true God
3. Become a lunatic yourself by believing that more than one can be THE FIRST.

---

The man, whom God became, was subject to the Father but it was God the Father who became man. To understand this, one first must become knowledgeable about the nature of God and his omnipotence. If you conceive of God as a sort of "big guy upstairs", then you won't comprehend this but it will seem as foolishness to you. Biblically God is described as unique, he is eternal as to the past and is an omnipotent and everywhere present Spirit. He is not spatially constrained as false deities are conceived of. Do you wish to understand who He is, or do you wish to continue to limit yourself to a sort of deity that is like a false one?

Jesus said, "I am the First" (Revelation 1:17). With Isaiah 44:6, God says "I am the first and I am the last, and apart from me there is no God."

These are not trinitarian or unitarian statements. They denote Jesus speaking as one sitting at the right hand of the power.

As he said "I and the Father are one." They speak from heaven as one, not two.

You have three choices:
Rubbish.

The phrase "son of God" is applied to Jesus 48 times in the NT. How is it missing from your list?

---

The man, whom God became, was subject to the Father but it was God the Father who became man. To understand this, one first must become knowledgeable about the nature of God and his omnipotence. If you conceive of God as a sort of "big guy upstairs", then you won't comprehend this but it will seem as foolishness to you. Biblically God is described as unique, he is eternal as to the past and is an omnipotent and everywhere present Spirit. He is not spatially constrained as false deities are conceived of. Do you wish to understand who He is, or do you wish to continue to limit yourself to a sort of deity that is like a false one?
Rubbish, and pure Sabellianism. Such has been heresy from time immemorial.

The Father spoke from heaven "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased."

The Son is not the Father. It is you who are a confounder of persons, and a disdainer of scripture.

You have three choices:

---

Yahweh was DEAD?

God is everywhere present (Psalm 139). The transgender pronoun Nazis have their own specific pronouns problems that are not the same as Trinitarian pronoun problems. One has to do with framing up false human identities, the other has to do with framing up false identities for God.
There can be a similar mind block as well. Its a human condition that can vary on different levels of weakness.

These are not trinitarian or unitarian statements. They denote Jesus speaking as one sitting at the right hand of the power.

As he said "I and the Father are one." They speak from heaven as one, not two.

Rubbish.

The phrase "son of God" is applied to Jesus 48 times in the NT. How is it missing from your list?

Rubbish, and pure Sabellianism. Such has been heresy from time immemorial.

The Father spoke from heaven "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased."

The Son is not the Father. It is you who are a confounder of persons, and a disdainer of scripture.

The Son of God is not missing from my list. Do you know what He is called the Son of God?

When God took on flesh, that man was called the Son (Luke 1:35) and it is because of his genuine humanity that a real distinction exists between Father and Son.

Jesus speaks in Revelation 1:17 and says "I am the First". He doesn't say "WE are the First".

Jesus says He is THE FIRST and God says He is THE FIRST. There can only be one who is THE FIRST. How many persons do you count who are THE FIRST?

Do you join the crazy then, or do you have a solution?

Yes.... understanding that there is a need for the Trinity concerning man and angels.

And, understanding the unique function each member possesses.

For example.. If there were no Son? No Holy Spirit? We could not know God.

.................. we take too much for granted because its always there.

Yes.... understanding that there is a need for the Trinity concerning man and angels.

And, understanding the unique function each member possesses.

For example.. If there were no Son? No Holy Spirit? We could not know God.

.................. we take too much for granted because its always there.

You seem to have missed my entire point. The doctrine of the Trinity was man's failed attempt at theology using philosophy. Yes, scripture does use the terms Father, Son and Holy Spirit but NEVER in terms of a Trinity or Triune of 3 persons. That is superimposing upon Father, Son and Holy Spirit a radical concept that was alien to the OT prophets and NT writers.

Thus, it is not surprising that the Trinitarian doctrine has a pronoun problem.

Jesus speaks in Revelation 1:17 and says "I am the First". He doesn't say "WE are the First".

Jesus says He is THE FIRST and God says He is THE FIRST. There can only be one who is THE FIRST. How many persons do you count who are THE FIRST?
That's because Jesus and God the Father are united as one deity. The two are one spiritually, and yet they remain two.

You seem to have missed my entire point. The doctrine of the Trinity was man's failed attempt at theology using philosophy.

That sounds like spin that some have bought into as to get them to stop gaining in knowledge to better understand the Trinity.

When first exposed to the Trinity of God? Its painfully confusing to some people. It made them feel hopelessly dumb.
They find comfort in finding out that they are not dumb after all. For the concept "was from philosophy."

How in the heck was the Trinity derived by some philosophy???

That sounds like spin that some have bought into as to get them to stop gaining in knowledge to better understand the Trinity.

When first exposed to the Trinity of God? Its painfully confusing to some people. It made them feel hopelessly dumb.
They find comfort in finding out that they are not dumb after all. For the concept "was from philosophy."

How in the heck was the Trinity derived by some philosophy???

It's not painfully confusing to some people, it is confusing to ALL people. It's just that some have settled into a sort of hazy ambiguity and have learned to live with it rather than growing in the knowledge of God from the Bible. The doctrine of the Trinity is a show stopper in regards to growing in the knowledge of God.

James 3:16 is unrelated to the Trinity and NO Christian is confused by it; ONLY cultists, Jews, Islams, JW's etc. etc.

The key word "natural" man in the Greek means "soulish man." Only functions by body and soul. Devoid of a capacity given in regeneration with us receiving a 'human spirit.' That is why many choose to translate 1 Corinthians 2:14 not as "natural man."

The Greek word is psuchikos = soulish. https://biblehub.com/greek/5591.htm

Certain teachings, the Trinity being one of them, exposes those who walk in spiritual deadness.

Typical example of 1 Cor 2:14 ---
"But the person without the spirit (only soul) does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit,
because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually. "

Back