Understanding Elohim as a Single Person

That concept begins to fall apart at the baptism of Jesus where Jesus just came up out of the water and God the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus...then God the Father spoke from heaven.
In that instance all 3 of the Godhead showed themselves as separate persons.

That is just your carnal interpretation.

Yes, God is an immaterial soul who or which is spirit, and the son of man had the Spirit of God in him as a result of the Word made flesh which was the Son of God who was in the Father eternally and in the son of man.

The Word is God in a Father and Son relationship and was in the son of man (Word made flesh) who rose out of death as a quickening Spirit.

Are we in agreement?
No.
I believe you contradict the following scripture....John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning............14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.
God bless you. :)

We appear to be in agreements apart from your assertion that God is three persons. We shall have to work out our disagreement there. It has been a pleasure corresponding with you.

I don't know where you got your teaching from, but it's incorrect.

I just presented you with an example at the baptism of all 3 persons of the Godhead being presented at the same time....that contradicts your belief.

No.
I believe you contradict the following scripture....John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning............14 The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.
No, I am stating the same thing. God is the Father in a Father and Son relationship. The Father sent the Son into the world and took on the form of a human servant. However, the Son of God is eternally in the Father or with the Father at all times.

Are we in agreement?

God bless you.

The truth is that the son of man is a sign pointing to God. The Dove is a sign pointing to Jesus who had the Holy Spirit within him. The Father is the one in a Father and Son relationship and was in the Son and God speaking is a sign pointing to God's oneness. This does not mean that God is three persons, but God is expressed spiritually in two ways within himself and externally in the son of man.

Gen 1: 26 tells us.... Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness,......Us and our is more than one.

Then you have...John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

The Word was with God, like standing face to face...and the Word was God....from the beginning.

No, I am stating the same thing. God is the Father in a Father and Son relationship. The Father sent the Son into the world and took on the form of a human servant. However, the Son of God is eternally in the Father or with the Father at all times.
God is the Son in a Son and Father relationship.
Are we in agreement?

"with the Father at all times." In the trinity....but Jesus wasn't physically with the Father when He was standing in the Jordon and the Father was speaking from heaven.

Another mistake you do is you keep leaving out God the Holy Spirit.

Are we in agreement?

God bless you.

Gen 1: 26 tells us.... Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness,......Us and our is more than one.

Then you have...John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

The Word was with God, like standing face to face...and the Word was God....from the beginning.
However, God is one person if you can get your mind around it! Do not hurt your head trying!

God is the Son in a Son and Father relationship.
Are we in agreement?

"with the Father at all times." In the trinity....but Jesus wasn't physically with the Father when He was standing in the Jordon and the Father was speaking from heaven.

Another mistake you do is you keep leaving out God the Holy Spirit.
The Son of God was with the Father, and the Son of God is Jesus, and the Spirit is the Spirit of Christ and God is Spirit. Seems to me there was one person who was God who is Spirit in the son of man who is God in the flesh.

The Son of God was with the Father, and the Son of God is Jesus, and the Spirit is the Spirit of Christ and God is Spirit. Seems to me there was one person who was God who is Spirit in the son of man who is God in the flesh.

Chapter and verses for the above please.

The "us" and the "our" are impersonal relationships in God who is one person. Now, if only you can get your head around it. Do not hurt your head trying! God bless you. :)
You see it again in Gen 3:22...22Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil. And now, lest he reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever...”

also in Gen 11: 7Come, let Us go down and confuse their language, so that they will not understand one another’s speech.”

Just what is this impersonal relationships?

Back