BJ Bear
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• part 3
    I am not posting this on the forum because you both are wrong, but because your error is not pretentious, and uses English, it is not as great as the other poster's. I was an English teacher and studied both Hebrew and Greek in grad school. Thus I know what I am posting about.
    Reactions: Nic
    PART 2
    Otherwise you post foolishly. I can say that because you post as if you are someone having knowledge of English grammar and syntax, but your words do not demonstrate mastery of English grammar and syntax.

Because the subject of the sentence is the plural you, therefore, the sentence essentially boils down to a command that says "I command y'all to repent and be baptized...."
    This is is similar to what I posted to another poster regarding verbs, except you used English. If you want to describe a verb in any manner, make sure that you know the difference between transitive verbs, (meaning the subject does the action of the verb) and intransitive verbs, (meaning the verb acts upon the subject).
    BJ Bear
    BJ Bear
    Hi, should I assume you are referring to Acts 2? If you are then I am not diagramming the passage but merely pointing out that the person being baptized, as in all instances of baptism, is a passive object, that is, baptism is being done to that person. Perhaps I could make that more clear or perhaps my comments were misconstrued. Thank you for your concern in this matter.
    Reactions: Nic
    Hi BJ, I ran into Josiah on another board. He's a proud papa of a three year old and has another on the way. I thought you like to know, if you were unaware.
    BJ Bear
    BJ Bear
    Wonderful news! Thank you. :)
    Nic
    Nic
    You bet!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back