“ a coördinated political retreat”

vibise

Et tu Sean Hannity?

Suddenly, (Some) Republicans Are All In on the Vaccine

I did not see this before I started a similar thread.

Late in the game some Republican leaders are recognizing that their anti-covid vax positions are resulting in high hospitalizations and deaths in Red States and that they are actually killing off their own voters.

Some of them are turning around, but their previous arguments against vaccination have so solidified anti-vax sentiments in their followers, that it will take a lot to reverse the damage already done.

As we can see here on CARM.

Electric Skeptic

Late in the game some Republican leaders are recognizing that their anti-covid vax positions are resulting in high hospitalizations and deaths in Red States and that they are actually killing off their own voters.

Some of them are turning around, but their previous arguments against vaccination have so solidified anti-vax sentiments in their followers, that it will take a lot to reverse the damage already done.

What I find amusing is the way the Trumpites were so complimentary to Trump for getting the vaccines produced so quickly. What a genius he was! Then they realised that the liberals were very keen on the vaccine so, of course (because opposing liberals and liberalism is conservatives' raison d'etre), the Trumpites had to decide that the vaccines are deadly, useless, a horrible government plot, and so forth.

So now they have to simultaneously hold that Trump was a genius for getting the vaccine produced so quickly...and that the vaccine is deadly, useless and a horrible government plot. Amazingly, the cognitive dissonance never seems to register with them. But what do you expect? Trumpites are never honest with anybody else, why would we think they'd be honest with themselves?

Mike McK

When did "Republican leaders" tell people not to take the vaccine?

How do you explain Democrat anti-vaxxers like Kamala Harris telling black and Latino Americans that a vaccine developed under Trump would not be trustworthy?

Or do you just intend to handwave that away, like you do anytime anybody calls you out on your idiotic statements?

Mike McK

What I find amusing is the way the Trumpites were so complimentary to Trump for getting the vaccines produced so quickly. What a genius he was!
And, conversely, the Demorons insisted that if it was developed under Trump, it must be untrustworthy and now wonder why black and Latino voters are hesitant to get it.

Then they realised that the liberals were very keen on the vaccine so, of course (because opposing liberals and liberalism is conservatives' raison d'etre), the Trumpites had to decide that the vaccines are deadly, useless, a horrible government plot, and so forth.
So, you're anti-choice? No big surprise. Democraps usually are.
So now they have to simultaneously hold that Trump was a genius for getting the vaccine produced so quickly...and that the vaccine is deadly, useless and a horrible government plot.
Who, specifically, is saying that? Don't be a Vibise. Give examples.
Amazingly, the cognitive dissonance never seems to register with them. But what do you expect? Trumpites are never honest with anybody else, why would we think they'd be honest with themselves?
And do you believe the Demotards were being honest when they talked the vaccine down?

vibise

How do you explain Democrat anti-vaxxers like Kamala Harris telling black and Latino Americans that a vaccine developed under Trump would not be trustworthy?

Or do you just intend to handwave that away, like you do anytime anybody calls you out on your idiotic statements?
The statements made by Kamala Harris about the vaccines were reported 9/5/2020, well before the FDA examined the data and decided on an emergency use authorization. That authorization was made when the trials showed the vaccines to be effective and safe.

On the basis of that evaluation, Harris recognized that this vaccine is safe and got her shots early. This action alone shows that she recognized the shots as trustworthy.

Her stated concerns that the vaccine rollout under Trump would be marked by sidelining scientific and medical experts turned out to be true.

So what idiotic statements are you referring to?

DeSanto

What I have learned is that most Republicans are actually Democrats and they just pretend to be the opposition.

I think more and more people are beginning to realize most of what they hear from these lunatics are just neatly crafted narratives, probably scripted by the CIA and the UN or something, meant to deceive us... and people are no longer following or being swayed by their schizophrenic arguments, feigned outrage, and fake, made up news stories.

#WalkAway

Last edited:

vibise

There are plenty of Republican leaders as well as RW media stars who oppose vaccination or refuse to promote vaccination.

In Congress, this includes MTG, Ron Johnson, Rand Paul and about half of the House Republicans who refuse to say if they have been vaccinated.

Congress and state legislatures have invited anti-vax leaders like Sherri Tenpenny and Jane Orient to testify, instead of actual experts.

The Tenn legislature blocked vaccine outreach to teens and fired the chief health officer, but have partially backtracked after public outcry.

RW media includes many, like Tucker Carlson, Ingraham and most of the Fox and Friends crew as well as many in RW radio like Bongino.

DeSantis has prohibited businesses and govt offices from requiring proof of vaccination to enter:

And really, all you have to do is look at the numbers. Most of the people who are not getting vaccinated are Republicans. How do you explain this political divide if these people are not getting misinformation from the people in positions of power that they trust?

A Washington Post-ABC News poll has found a startling difference between Democrats and Republicans as it relates to COVID-19 vaccination. The poll found that while 86% of Democrats have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot, only 45% of Republicans have.

vibise

What I have learned is that most Republicans are actually Democrats and they just pretend to be the opposition.

I think more and more people are beginning to realize most of what they hear from these lunatics are just neatly crafted narratives, probably scripted by the CIA and the UN or something, is deceptive and people are no longer following or being swayed by their schizophrenic arguments.

#WalkAway
Wow, so bad behavior on the part of Republicans must really result from false flag operations?!??

Are you claiming that Red States are actually populated by Democrats?

What ever happened to RW insistence on taking responsibility for your personal actions?

Backup

I think more and more people are beginning to realize most of what they hear from these lunatics are just neatly crafted narratives, probably scripted by the CIA and the UN or something, meant to deceive us... and people are no longer following or being swayed by their schizophrenic arguments, feigned outrage, and fake, made up news stories.

#WalkAway
The conspiracy forum is that way >>>>>>>

Carol

There are plenty of Republican leaders as well as RW media stars who oppose vaccination or refuse to promote vaccination.

In Congress, this includes MTG, Ron Johnson, Rand Paul and about half of the House Republicans who refuse to say if they have been vaccinated.

Congress and state legislatures have invited anti-vax leaders like Sherri Tenpenny and Jane Orient to testify, instead of actual experts.

The Tenn legislature blocked vaccine outreach to teens and fired the chief health officer, but have partially backtracked after public outcry.

RW media includes many, like Tucker Carlson, Ingraham and most of the Fox and Friends crew as well as many in RW radio like Bongino.

DeSantis has prohibited businesses and govt offices from requiring proof of vaccination to enter:

Prohibited businesses? Doesn't look like Desantis is somebody I could vote for either.

And really, all you have to do is look at the numbers. Most of the people who are not getting vaccinated are Republicans. How do you explain this political divide if these people are not getting misinformation from the people in positions of power that they trust?

Mike McK

It's not their job to promote vaccination.

Do you know the difference between "opposing" something and merely believing people should make their own decision whether or not they want it?

Do you have evidence of Ron Johnson, Rand Paul, or "about half of the House Republicans" "opposing" the vaccine? Or are you just lying again?
It's nobody's business whether or not they've been vaccinated.

And you didn't say they keep their personal medical decisions private. You said they "oppose vaccines".
You're appealing to authority again.

Why don't you want both sides heard? I think your fascism is showing.
Yeah, and...?

How is that "opposing vaccines"?
I listen to Bongino sometimes so I look forward to seeing your evidence. That is, unless you're just lying again.
...which anybody with an IQ above room temperature understands is not the same as "opposing vaccines", which is what you claimed.
Perhaps because Republicans aren't sheep and think for themselves.

Carol

#WalkAway

Mike McK

Red, blue- government control is government control.
As a free market conservative, I think businesses should be able to do what they want and serve who they want.

However, I don't believe there should be a coordinated effort to manipulate the population.

DeSantis is right.