“Just Because God Foreknows…” (Rebuttal)…

The fact that God Foreknows All Things is proof that All Things have already been Determined by something

…the only thing left to do now is justify what that THING is before anything was created…

Can you justify your answer?

CCP

God's foreknowedge doesn't always follow God's intent. God is often displeased, proving libertarianism.

God's foreknowedge doesn't always follow God's intent.

Then why does he "allow" it in your view?
Was God "forced" to "allow" it in your view?

See even your view can't escape a level of "God's intent".

Psa 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psa 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

God is often displeased, proving libertarianism.

The fact that God's outeractions of Planning, Purposing, and determining all things includes his own interactions into his story, for a purpose, does not prove "libertarian" actions on man's part.

Your negative philosophy can not positivly justify your assumption...

Positively justify your claim please.

Last edited:
The fact that God Foreknows All Things is proof that All Things have already been Determined by something
Foreknowledge is not proof that all things are determined or predestined. Foreknowledge simply requires predestination. It's a logical necessity.

…the only thing left to do now is justify what that THING is before anything was created…
For anything to exist requires existence, and existence must necessarily be eternal with no beginning or end.

CCP
It's a logical necessity, and to claim otherwise leads to violations of the law of non-contradiction.

God's foreknowledge of what I would determine in the future.

Of course… we both believe this… but do you assume you determined what “you will determine in the future” before you were created?

Unless you believe God “learned”… God’s knowledge is proof that “what you will determine in the future” has already been Determined… now the only thing left for you to do is justify what that THING is that Determined “what you will determine in the future” before you were created

Last edited:
Then why does he "allow" it in your view?
Was God "forced" to "allow" it in your view?

God wanted to allow libertarianism.

See even your view can't escape a level of "God's intent".

That is correct.

Psa 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Psa 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:

The fact that God's outeractions of Planning, Purposing, and determining all things includes his own interactions into his story, for a purpose, does not prove "libertarian" actions on man's part.

Apparently not all God's intents and actions succeed, otherwise He would not have to constantly get angry with disobedience and punish them to bring them back or eliminate them.

Apparently God succeeds and makes His purpose stand by making up for disobedience by convincing towards righteousness and rooting out sin.

God did whatever He pleased but apparently God was pleased with giving libertarian choice as part of it.

Your negative philosophy can not positivly justify your assumption...

Positively justify your claim please.

Why don't you justify why I need to have positive philosophy? Meticulous predetermination is posative philosophy? The fact that God gets angered at us is clear enough for libertarianism.

Well there are two options as it pertains to God's foreknowledge. Either He knows because He determined the future or He knows by simple observation.
I'm not convinced that God must determine the future. God is the cause or origin of a determined future, but I don't see why it would necessarily follow that God must have been the one to determine the future.

While we can read of God seeing the end from the beginning, these anthropomorphic depictions aren't literal. We know this because the kingdom of God does not manifest or come by observation.

Back