“The Point Of No Return”… are you past it yet?

Is this an admission that you prefer the Either/Or, since we are not Born Again of the Will?
No it’s the gospel being heard and received/ believed / confessed precede the new birth which comes from God in response to faith

No it’s the gospel being heard and received/ believed / confessed precede the new birth which comes from God in response to faith
Fair enough...

I hope you accept one day you reject the Both/And. I also hope the Lurkers see that you just did reject it...

Then why were they not regenerated in fltom’s view

Why are you ignoring it

See post #128 for the Calvinist answer…

Quite simply there is a quality to the belief that saves

it is not just mentally accepting the fact

you however have not explained how one totally averse to God receives his word with joy

Fair enough...

I hope you accept one day you reject the Both/And. I also hope the Lurkers see that you just did reject it...
It cannot be both it’s either or . Either the spirit , new birth happens before hearing and believing the gospel or it’s after . It cannot be both .

You once again made my point for me with your false dichotomy fallacy .

hope this helps !!!

you however have not explained how one totally averse to God receives his word with joy

We have no obligation to.

The Bible says it.
We believe it.
That settles it.

You just want fodder to bash Calvinism with.
YOU haven't demonstrated that they CAN'T "receive" the word with joy.
So you're the only one with the problem, not us.

We have no obligation to believe the false teaching of tulip

The Bible says it’s wrong
We believe it’s wrong
That settles it.

You just want fodder to bash non Calvinists with.
YOU haven't demonstrated that tulip is bibiical
So you're the only one with the problem, not us.

Hope this helps !!’

It cannot be both it’s either or . Either the spirit , new birth happens before hearing and believing the gospel or it’s after . It cannot be both .

You once again made my point for me with your false dichotomy fallacy .

hope this helps !!!
It's not a False Dilemma when we use "God is Truth" and his Word is Truth, as a Hermeneutic. It is not a False Dilemma to say Jesus is God and Man; but someone will tell you it is a False Dichotomy. This is why The Logical Order and the Temporal Order are true. Let me ask you this; do you still believe in the Temporal Order, that every aspect of Salvation happens at the same time? If so, I think you are kicking at the goads by denying the Both/And...

It's not a False Dilemma when we use "God is Truth" and his Word is Truth, as a Hermeneutic. It is not a False Dilemma to say Jesus is God and Man; but someone will tell you it is a False Dichotomy. This is why The Logical Order and the Temporal Order are true. Let me ask you this; do you still believe in the Temporal Order, that every aspect of Salvation happens at the same time? If so, I think you are kicking at the goads by denying the Both/And...
It is when you are saying God is truth somehow makes God is love inferior or less than God is love .

Are loving others based upon Gods character that He is love or He is truth. ?

Did God so love the world that He gave His only Son based upon His love or because He is truth ?

Did Jesus die for sin because of His love or truth ?

You see love precedes it . And Gods love precedes His grace .

Last edited by a moderator:
It is when you are saying God is truth somehow makes God is love inferior or less than God is love .
Well let's say they are equal then, okay?

Being equal, the Both/And is the truth of the matter; correct? If not, isn't it True that if you say God is Love trumps God is Truth; you are the one who won't allow them Equal Rights?

Would you conclude that not All Scripture is True?

I’m glad we have that settled once and for all we agree :) I can care less if you accept Calvinism

Back