? Questions about the Bible...

The Power and Authority of The Church (The Body of Christ)​

For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
ACTS 4:20

The Bible tells us the book of acts that the Jewish leaders simply didn’t know what to do with Peter, John, and the other disciples. These apostles, who had recently been cowardly and craven, were now as bold as lions. They had been given the power and authority of the newly forming Church. They were enflamed by the resurrection of Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit. Fleeing was no longer an option. When the council commanded them to cease their teaching, Peter replied, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:19–20).

Many forces are trying to silence the body of Christ in the world today. Though two thousand years have passed, the age long opposition to the Gospel still exists. In some lands, it takes the form of overt persecution. In others, secular forces seek to intimidate believers into silence.

But the Word of God cannot be silenced. The followers of Christ will always find a way to proclaim the Good News with power an authority. We do not retreat and flee, but stand firm as soldiers ready for battle. The Gospel is unstoppable in this world. “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong” (1 Corinthians 16:13)
Thanks!

and I asked for a tract from ReverendRV's perspective on authority.... show some respect
And laying of hands authority of the church etc. The Great Western schism exposed the claim of apostolic succession by laying of hands is an out right lie. This thread is supposed to be about what we should all have in common concerning the gospel. It was not supposed to be about the RCC which you attempted to turn it into. At least be honest or are you incapable ?

ReverendRV my apologies. I exposed the attempt to promote the RCC instead of the gospel message of Jesus. Praying your tracts are used as a seed to lead many many many to Jesus who alone is the way the truth and the life, and that God bless your work with souls led from darkness to the glorious light of Almighty God.

Humpty Dumpty ~ by Reverend RV

Amos 9:11 KJV; "On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;

We face many problems in life and they can hurt us; even devastate us. When I said this, we all remembered something from our past that has crushed us. Remember how things used to be before that happened? In those days things were a little better, a little easier; things were good. But when the damage was done, those days were forever behind us. ~ We all know the ‘Humpty Dumpty’ nursery rhyme. The character is found in the novel ‘Alice through the looking glass', but some believe that in history Humpty Dumpty was a large cannon mounted on a wall in St Mary’s Church. It was strong and was powerful, but when an attack caused the wall to fall, ‘all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty together again’. The nursery rhyme pictures a person who is as fragile as an egg that was cracked after a fall. ~ Despite all of our Scientific advances, we still don’t know of a way to restore a cracked egg to its former state…

The Prophet Amos tells of a time that the Tabernacle of King David will be restored. In the Old Testament, the people of Israel were Nomads and they moved their ‘tent like’ Tabernacle with them as they migrated. Even when Israel came into their own land, the Priests preformed their Religious duties in a Tabernacle instead of a Temple. David couldn’t build a Temple because he was a man of War, so That responsibility fell on his son, King Solomon. ~ In his Commentary on Amos 9:11, John Gill speaks of Christ’s Bride as being raised from her ruin and from out of the dust; symbolizing being raised from the dead. He described Christ’s Bride as living Tabernacles. If there is someone who can repair our damages, it takes a person who has the power to Create; and recreate. The kind of power it would take to make us whole after we have been damaged. ~ God sees the damage in your life and he wants to raise up its ruins. God says that ‘Damaged Goods’ are good for something. A dealer came across three nice chrome Rims but knew they were worthless without the fourth wheel. He had them turned into three Chandeliers and sold them for Man caves. Something that used to be tread upon, then became a beacon of light…

When I was young, I walked the road on the way to the store, picking up empty Coke bottles and redeemed them at the store, leaving with a bag of sweet candy! The bottles were emptied of their sweetness but were still worth their weight in sweets to me. That’s the way God views his children; though they’re empty inside, he’ll find them and pay the price to have them. He will cleanse you and you will be suitable to be filled and used. ~ The first man Adam was like Humpty Dumpty; he had a great Fall. He Sinned against God by breaking the only Law there was. Because of this, Sin entered into the world, and the world has suffered from the damage that was done. But God sent his Sinless Son into the world to pay the price it took to Redeem all who believe on his name. This man is Jesus Christ and if you put your trust in him you will not be put to shame. Jesus shed his blood on a Cross to pay the penalty for Sins we committed. He died, was buried for three days but rose from the dead to judge the world. We’re Saved by Grace through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, not by Working to raise our own tabernacle. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and read the Bible.. ~ There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, and this means no more condemning yourself anymore either…

John 5:24 KJV; Jesus said ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life

Humpty Dumpty ~ by Reverend RV

Amos 9:11 KJV; "On that day I will raise up The tabernacle of David, which has fallen down, And repair its damages; I will raise up its ruins, And rebuild it as in the days of old;

The tabernacle of David was the tent he placed the ark of the covenant after he brought it into Jerusalem (2 Sam 6). He didn't put the ark back in the most holy place in the tabernacle where the law said it should be. The point being that the ark was no longer hidden in the most holy place, but was in Jerusalem (mostly occupied by Jebusites rather than Israelites), and visible to all who sought it.

During the days of Amos however, the ark had long since been hidden again as Solomon had replaced the tabernacle with the temple and had placed the ark of the covenant in the most holy place.

The great power of this verse in Christian history is that leader of the Church in Jerusalem (James) uses this verse to justify allowing Gentiles into the church (or more importantly that it was wrong to keep them out). As he says at the Jerusalem conference:

Acts 15 (12-19)
The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:
‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’—
things known from long ago.
“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.

The Amos passage was a reminder to the Israelites that they were only special because God chose them, not because they were superior to anybody else. Moreover, Amos is invoking the great king David and Gentiles in the same context, one should remember the great many Gentiles in David's service and their great loyalty. David, despite his great failing with one Gentile, sought to bring them in, not to keep them out.

Have you written a tract about the soft tissue (biomaterial) that has been found in dino bones that show they are not 65+ MY's old?

Do you have a site where some of your tracts are online?
Very Dry Bones ~ by ReverendRV

Ezekiel 37:2 KJV; He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.

The Prophet Ezekiel received a Prophecy from God concerning a future time Israel would be restored. A once glorious Nation, Israel had been carried away into captivity to become slaves of ungodly people; but there is always Hope in God. Ezekiel envisioned a valley full of very dry Bones, and God asked him if he thought these bones could live again? Ezekiel said ‘You’re the one who knows God’; so the LORD told Ezekiel to Prophesy to the Bones, which means to Preach to them. Lo and Behold, the Bones began to come to Life! ~ What are the driest Bones you can think of? Well, The driest Bones I can fathom are the Fossilized Bones of Dinosaurs. In the year 2005, Scientists found Collagen Fibers, IE unfossiized Tissues, in the Fossilized leg bone of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. In a sense, this very dry Bone still had Genetic tissue; how can this be?? Tales like ‘Jurassic Park’ also ask the question, ‘Can these Bones Live?’ Very dry Bones are as Dead as they come, but what about the Contradiction of a Fossil having metaphorical Meat on the Bone?

Scientists try to explain this away, but if you ask me they’re doing this because of their Cognitive Dissonance. People have a tendency to bury their head in the sand when it comes to things; for instance, are you a Good person? The Bible says there is no one who does Good, no, not One. So, is it right? ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people that have told many Lies? A Liar, right? Now, what do you call a person who tells just one Lie? How about this; have you Stolen anything? What would you call a person who steals for a living? A Thief. Have you Stolen even one thing? At Heart you are a Lying Thief, because you have Coveted more than that. ~ These were just three of God’s Ten Commandments; if God Judged you by his standard of Righteousness, would you be innocent or guilty? Would an angry God send you to Hell for this; and for worse things? Does this bother you? ~ There’s a way your Bones too can Live…

God told Ezekiel to Preach to the very dry Bones, and when he did they lived again. ~ For God so Loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever Believes upon him shall not be Condemned but have everlasting Life instead. Jesus Christ is the Son of god who became a Man, and is the only person that lived who ever Kept the Ten Commandments all of his life; and this pleased God. Because of that, Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the world; but he did this by dying on the Cross as a Sacrifice for the Sins of all who would dare to Believe. In three days he Conquered Death and arose from the Grave, becoming the Author of Life! Were Saved by God’s Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord God, not by Works lest we boast in our own Flesh. Confess Jesus Christ as LORD, Repent of your Sins; now start reading the Bible and go to Church. ~ Because of the Bible, we teach that Fossils are the result of a world-wide Flood which swept life away. This was the result of the Wrath of God in Judgment against Sin…

Psalm 88:16 NIV; Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me.

Last edited:
Very Dry Bones ~ by ReverendRV

Ezekiel 37:2 KJV; He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.

The Prophet Ezekiel received a Prophecy from God concerning a future time Israel would be restored. A once glorious Nation, Israel had been carried away into captivity to become slaves of ungodly people; but there is always Hope in God. Ezekiel envisioned a valley full of very dry Bones, and God asked him if he thought these bones could live again? Ezekiel said ‘You’re the one who knows God’; so the LORD told Ezekiel to Prophesy to the Bones, which means to Preach to them. Lo and Behold, the Bones began to come to Life! ~ What are the driest Bones you can think of? Well, The driest Bones I can fathom are the Fossilized Bones of Dinosaurs. In the year 2005, Scientists found Collagen Fibers, IE unfossiized Tissues, in the Fossilized leg bone of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. In a sense, this very dry Bone still had Genetic tissue; how can this be?? Tales like ‘Jurassic Park’ also ask the question, ‘Can these Bones Live?’ Very dry Bones are as Dead as they come, but what about the Contradiction of a Fossil having metaphorical Meat on the Bone?

Scientists try to explain this away, but if you ask me they’re doing this because of their Cognitive Dissonance. People have a tendency to bury their head in the sand when it comes to things; for instance, are you a Good person? The Bible says there is no one who does Good, no, not One. So, is it right? ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people that have told many Lies? A Liar, right? Now, what do you call a person who tells just one Lie? How about this; have you Stolen anything? What would you call a person who steals for a living? A Thief. Have you Stolen even one thing? At Heart you are a Lying Thief, because you have Coveted more than that. ~ These were just three of God’s Ten Commandments; if God Judged you by his standard of Righteousness, would you be innocent or guilty? Would an angry God send you to Hell for this; and for worse things? Does this bother you? ~ There’s a way your Bones too can Live…

God told Ezekiel to Preach to the very dry Bones, and when he did they lived again. ~ For God so Loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever Believes upon him shall not be Condemned but have everlasting Life instead. Jesus Christ is the Son of god who became a Man, and is the only person that lived who ever Kept the Ten Commandments all of his life; and this pleased God. Because of that, Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the world; but he did this by dying on the Cross as a Sacrifice for the Sins of all who would dare to Believe. In three days he Conquered Death and arose from the Grave, becoming the Author of Life! Were Saved by God’s Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord God, not by Works lest we boast in our own Flesh. Confess Jesus Christ as LORD, Repent of your Sins; now start reading the Bible and go to Church. ~ Because of the Bible, we teach that Fossils are the result of a world-wide Flood which swept life away. This was the result of the Wrath of God in Judgment against Sin…

Psalm 88:16 NIV; Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me.
I like it.

Not quite sure what post your talking about.
Your first Post here, asking me to write that Gospel Tract, is no where to be seen; well, at least by me. I was able to quote it because I responded to it before it was deleted for whatever reason...

If you go to this Post, then look for your Post above it, I don't see it...

Concerning "Very Dry Bones"

It may be to much for your tract, but I was thinking can you work in the dino fossils were deposited by the flood of Noah and are not that old. That's why there is bio-material.

Concerning "Very Dry Bones"

It may be to much for your tract, but I was thinking can you work in the dino fossils were deposited by the flood of Noah and are not that old. That's why there is bio-material.
Because of the Bible, we teach that Fossils are the result of a world-wide Flood which swept life away. This was the result of the Wrath of God in Judgment against Sin…

This is the last portion in the Gospel Tract. I could remove the last sentence and say the Fossils are not Old, but the last sentence is a segue to the final Verse...

Yeah; it's real hard to fit everything you want to on a One-Page Gospel Tract...

Because of the Bible, we teach that Fossils are the result of a world-wide Flood which swept life away. This was the result of the Wrath of God in Judgment against Sin…

This is the last sentence in the Gospel Tract...

Yeah; it's real hard to fit everything you want to on a One-Page Gospel Tract...
I was thinking it might be too much.

As to my post, when I clicked on the "go to arrow" i get this "Oops! We ran into some problems."

When is the last time you Evangelized? It can be in any sense of the word...

I would say that I Evangelize when I Post Gospel Tracts on CARM Forums. I also consider it Evangelism when I get to read a Gospel Tract to everyone at my Celebrate Recovery Group on Thursdays...

Back