? Questions about the Bible...

I passed out a few of Ray Comfort's million dollar Gospel of Johns... so cool.

You really an officer? You need a tract titled "Under Arrest" about conviction.

1+1+1=1?? ~ by Reverend RV * January 1

Matthew 28:19 KJV
; Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

There are several Verses in the Bible which teach us that God is a Trinity. What is a Trinity? The Trinity is a concept of God existing as three Divine persons; yet remaining One God. This is not an easy idea to wrap our Minds around. Some suggest examples like the three states of water; gas, liquid and solid. Others suggest Government as a model for the Trinity; the Legislature, Judiciary and the Executive branches are the one Federal Government. But examples outside of the Bible have a way of falling short in describing the Trinity. ~ It’s said there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word and the Spirit; and these three are one. To many people, this is one of the most absurd things that can be said and they claim it’s intellectually inconceivable! They say that it is a Mathematical Fact that 1+1+1=3, but 1+1+1=1 is laughable; and they’re right. ~ You object, “Why are you conceding the argument so easily??” I’m not but the truth is the truth; right? You ask, “Then what kind of intellectual gymnastics are you going to try and pull to make your point?” No Gymnastics necessary, just the simple Math that is taught in our Elementary Schools…

It is amazing how as we grow older, we lose some of our simplest Cognitive skills. On the television show ‘Brain Games’, they tested a group of adults and children by using a simple drawing of a School bus. It was yellow, had wheels and windows; but both ends looked the same. The question was asked which way would the bus go if it pulled away; left or right? About 25% of adults got it right but almost all of the children were correct. When the children were asked why they said it would go left, they said because the bus door was on the other side, and this told them which end was the front of the bus. ~ When we were in Elementary School, we learned that 1x1=1. We also learned that 1x1x1=1; we see that the concept of the Trinity is really child’s play! There is no need to jump through any ‘algebraic hoops’; Three Ones equaling One is a Logical concept! We should be asking, “How is it that I didn’t see that?” ~ There are other things that we also don’t see until it is put in a way we can understand. God gave us the Ten Commandments, and they tell us not to commit Adultery or Murder. We can say we’ve never Murdered, and some can say they’ve never committed Adultery. But Jesus put it in an elementary way we can understand; he said if you Hate someone you’ve Murdered them in your Heart and if you’ve Lusted after someone you’ve committed Adultery in your Heart! God sends Sinners to an eternal Hell but you don’t have to go…

The good news is that the Gospel is also elementary. ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! The second person of the Trinity condescended to be born as the Man Jesus Christ, and suppressed his Divine privileges to live on our level. Jesus lived a Sinless life as only he could, and this pleased God his Father. Jesus came to die and be the sacrifice for Sin, so that we can have eternal Life. He was buried but arose from the dead and ascended to Heaven, where he awaits the time his Father has set for him to return and Judge the world. When you put your Faith in the finished Work of the GodMan Jesus Christ, you will be Saved. ~ Here is some more simple Math for you. God became Man and the two are one; 100% God and 100% Man, yet only One Being. 100% x 100% = One. ~ 1÷1÷1 also equals One; the Word and the Spirit proceed from the Father, the three are One!

John 1:14 NIV; The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

9th of Av ~ by Reverend RV * January 2

Numbers 13:33 AKJV
; And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

God delivered Israel from slavery out of Egypt and lead them to the Promised Land. Moses sent 12 spies to investigate the Land and bring back a report. Ten of the Spies brought back a bad report and only two brought back a good report. After all God had done for them, they were still afraid! Jewish tradition says that because of the bad report, that day is cursed. ~ Throughout history, several bad things happened to Israel on that Calendar Date. On the Ninth of Av, the Crusades began and ten thousand Jews were killed. The Jews were expelled from England, later from France, and even later from Spain. World War I began on the Ninth of Av and also the Holocaust began on this date. You object, “The Jews have been around so long that many things are bound to happen to them on the same day”. That’s a good point, but there are more events which occurred on this date that I’ll speak on later; for now let’s talk about our curse…

Would you say that you’re a pretty good person, that your good outweighs your bad? The Bible says that all who rely on good Deeds are under a Curse; if all of your deeds aren’t good. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call those who tell Lies? Some of your Deeds are bad. Have you ever stolen? What do you call those who steal? Have you always honored your parents? Have they ever had to punish you? It’s a shame that you’ll be punished again, because God has an interest in your behavior too. These are just three of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by them would you be innocent or guilty? Would you go to Heaven or to Hell? Does this bother you?? ~ You don’t have to go because of a Good Report…

The Gospel is called ‘the Good News’! ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal Life. Jesus Christ is God Incarnate and he lived a Sinless life so that he could Mediate a New Covenant with God and represent us on Judgement Day. He was also able to take the punishment which we deserved by shedding his blood on a Cross. But because Representatives are alive, he rose up from the grave to newness of Life! We’re Saved by Grace through Faith in the Resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without meritorious Works lest we should boast. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and join your local Protestant Church. ~ The Jews have suffered on other days, but something makes the Ninth of Av Significant; the destruction of their Temple. Is the Ninth of Av more significant to you now? No?? How about BOTH of their Temples being destroyed on a Ninth of Av? If you kicked an anthill this year AND kicked it next year, would you find it interesting when you noticed you kicked them on the same date? ~ Read the report for yourself…

Matthew 24:2 NLT; But he responded, "Do you see all these buildings? I tell you the truth, they will be completely demolished. Not one stone will be left on top of another!"

24 Elders ~ by Reverend RV * January 3

Revelation 5:5 BLB
; And one of the elders says to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has overcome to open the scroll and its seven seals."

In the book of Revelation the Apostle John saw Heaven with his own eyes, and beheld many Wonders. He saw Jesus and many angels; and saw Twenty Four Elders, and a crowd of people so numerous that they could not be counted. John also saw a Scroll in Heaven which no one was worthy to open; and this caused him to weep. But I want to focus on the Elder who spoke to John and told him not to weep, because the Lion of the tribe of Judah has prevailed in Life and can open the scroll. You ask, “Why is this Elder such a great Wonder?” ~ The Church teaches the Twenty Four Elders consist of representatives from the twelve tribes of Israel and the twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ. This means that there was a fifty percent chance that John knew this Elder because John was one of the twelve Apostles. Could you imagine John’s awe if the Elder who spoke to him was he himself; the Glorified Saint John?? It’s hard to imagine that we are already in Eternity. ~ Have you ever Lied, Stolen, or committed Adultery? Then you’re already Condemned; you need to be Pardoned by God before your destination is declared by the Judge of the world. When you are condemned already, pleading ‘Nolo’ results in a Guilty Verdict…

If you long to be with your loved one and don’t know how to go to him, first go to Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life; and no one goes to Heaven without being seated by this Royal Usher. You cannot take your Sins to Heaven so you will have to leave them behind. The way you do this is by God’s Grace through Faith in the risen Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior; do this and you will be pardoned! Now there will never be a time that you’ll be without your Saved loved ones; your Welcome Home party awaits your triumphal entry. Jesus will wipe away every tear from our eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore; for in one sense the former things have passed away; Praise God!

Romans 8:30 says, ‘Moreover whom He Predestined, these He also Called; whom He Called, these He also Justified; and whom He Justified, these He also Glorified.’ In our perspective we are not in Heaven but in Gods perspective we are already Glorified. ~ Have you lost a loved one who was a Christian? Like John, it may boggle our Mind to think we’re already Glorified in the Heavenly realm. Time doesn’t exist in eternity and it may feel like a few minutes have passed by for your loved one upon his entry into Heaven, before you’re with him; even after you spend a long life here. Or your loved one may be surprised to see you, when he makes his triumphal entry, and you’re there to hear Jesus cry out, ‘Finally; the one whom I have loved is here!’ Oh, how the nuances of eternity can test the limits of our Minds; but if it can be possible the Apostle John met himself in Heaven, it’s possible you’re Glorified with him; did John see you?

2nd Corinthians 2:14 KJV; Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

A love without end, Amen ~ By Reverend RV * January 4

1 John 4:8
; But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

George Straight had a Hit that goes like this; “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end Amen.” I was reading through the Bible, and I came across this; “The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your very eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place.” ~ It made me think of a father’s love for his child, about how the bond between a father and son is similar to the relationship between the Heavenly Father and Man. I read this verse and instantly thought of the times with my own Children. I would take them on trips or hikes, and their little legs would get tired, so I would pick them up and carry them the rest of the way. I have an Immense love for my own children; how much more does the Heavenly Father love Me?! ~ How many times has God carried me through tough times?

As parents, our goals should be to Raise them to become Wise young adults with Good Morals. We must teach them to know the difference between Right and Wrong. ~ Have you ever caught your child telling a Lie? It breaks your heart doesn’t it? You must correct them, teaching them not to do it again. How? Ask them what would they call someone who told them a Lie? They should realize the person is a Liar, and this makes them a Liar too. ~ How much more does it break the Heavenly Fathers heart when we tell a Lie? Since your child is a guilty Liar, would you be innocent or guilty? If God judged you, would you be innocent or guilty? If God really exists, would you go to Heaven or Hell? Does this bother you?

If it does, you are ready for the Good News! The Heavenly Father loves us so much that he provided a to be Forgiven. ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Jesus Christ’s death on the Cross was the only Sacrifice that can cover all of our sins, because he lived a Sinless life. He was buried on Friday night but rose from the grave on Sunday morning! He showed himself alive to his Disciples; no wonder they weren’t afraid to die for the sake of the Gospel. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith, without Works lest we boast in ourselves instead of our Heavenly Father. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and Savior, get a Bible and start going to Church. ~ Everyone Sins, but if you were the only Sinner, Jesus would have Sacrificed himself just for you! There is no greater Love than one lay down his Life so another can live…

Matthew 18:12-14; "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders off, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hill and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

A New Creature ~ by ReverendRV * January 5

2ndCorinthians 5:17 KJV
; Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I have a Thought Experiment for you. ~ Scientifically speaking, every seven years our bodies undergo a renewing on the cellular level; even our Skeletal System has been exchanged out over time and we do not have the same skeleton we used to have. The question is; in light of this are you the same person you were seven years ago? If we’re only a collection of molecules, we are currently a totally different collection of molecules; we are a totally different person. If someone did something terrible to you ten years ago, did it really happen to ‘You’? If it didn’t happen to the new you, does the person who did this terrible thing to you still exist? ~ If you know in your heart of hearts that the terrible thing did happen to you, then you’ve just proven that you are more than a collection of molecules; you have a living Soul…

Back in the day, have you ever done something terrible to another person? Would it still count now or is there a Scientific ‘Statute of Limitations’ since the old you is no more? If you did something terrible, that would be a way to get it off your Conscience. But you know in your heart of hearts you did something terrible; right? What if it’s possible that a person exists who is the same person they were twenty years ago? ~ God is the same person he was long before you were born. Have you ever used God’s name as a vile cuss word? That’s called Blasphemy and is a violation of one of the Ten Commandments. Have you ever adored anything more than the God of the Bible? That breaks the first and second Commandments. But remember, your Conscience has already testified to yourself that you’ve done something terrible to someone; God knows what it is. If God judged you by his standard, would you be innocent or guilty? Would you go to Heaven or to Hell? Is there a way the new You can be innocent of what the old you did?

In the beginning God created Man of the dust of the ground and breathed life into his nostrils; and the Man became a Living Soul. This Man Sinned and set the standard for us all as Sinners. Yet God so loved the world he gave us his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus never Sinned and will give us his Good Record of Righteousness in exchange for our Bad record of Sin. This was made possible on the Cross where he shed his blood as punishment for our Sin, dying in our place. But the Gospel is that he arose from the grave and was seen by five hundred people before he went to Heaven. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, apart from Works lest we boast. Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God, Repent of your Sins, and start going to a Bible believing Church. ~ Your Soul is as old as when you were conceived, but once you’re Saved from your Sins your spirit is brand new; Born Again. Your body may still be renewed every seven years but your spirit will forever be the same. God is Spirit and in him is no shifting of Shadows…

Malachi 3:6 KJV; For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Abortion ~ by Reverend RV * January 6

Psalm 19: 1-3
; The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

Here’s a totally different way to look at abortion. The Bible says that God speaks to us through nature; I wonder what he’s saying to us about this. ~ A Marsupial, IE a kangaroo, gives birth to an under developed Neonate that looks like a wiggly pink glob of jelly. The minute before it was born it was classified as a Fetus and after it is born it’s classified a Neonate; but it is born looking like the Fetus it just was. It then has to climb blindly, unaided by its mother up her belly. It will enter into her pouch where the ‘Fetus like’ Neonate can be nursed and continue to develop. ~ Because of this, we can see that a Fetus has a desire to live! Not only kangaroos, but all Fetuses. We also see that if a person were to interrupt a Marsupials climb to the pouch by grabbing it and stomping it to death on the floor, PETA would have that person buried under the jail…

This is something that you can look up for yourself. These days we can find any information at the click of a mouse. A kangaroo Fetus can be in its mother’s womb at 11:59 AM but be outside its mother’s womb at 12:01PM. The location of the Fetus (born or unborn) decides whether it will be called a Fetus or a Neonate. Once the Fetus is born it is no longer called a Fetus, but this does not mean that because a few minutes have passed that it is a fully formed Kangaroo. Human babies are born looking like the adults but just a smaller version. The kangaroo is not born looking like an adult but is born, looking like a Fetus. God created Kangaroos so that we would know a Fetus wants to live! ~ If this doesn’t give you cause to question Abortion then think about this; Jesus said that if you hate your brother then you have committed Murder in your Heart. I dare say that at some time everyone has wished that someone were dead…

Abortions involve the 'Just' infant dying by the Will of an unjust parent. If you’re afraid of your looming Labor, or heavy burdened with the guilt of Abortion, there are places you can go to get counseling; and get help to make a decision against having an abortion. Check with your local Church and ask for help. If you’ve had an Abortion, find forgiveness in Jesus Christ. He was an innocent man who died a Murderer’s death by Capital Punishment; bleeding to death on a Roman Cross. Jesus Willingly chose this death to satisfy God’s Holy Wrath against Sinners; have Faith that he can Save you from the due penalty of your Sins. We’re Saved by the Grace of God thru Faith in Jesus Christ, without having to Work to Live; as a Marsupial must do. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your risen Lord and Savior; and find a Bible believing Church. ~ Jesus Christ is the 'Just' infant from the Manger who, as a Man, Willingly dies for the unjust! Believe on him and you will be Righteous; the Just Shall live by Faith. Amen and Amen!

Matthew 11:28-30; "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Adopted ~ by Reverend RV * January 7

Ephesians 1:5 KJV
; Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Have you been Adopted by God?

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees who claimed to be children of their Jewish Patriarch ‘Father Abraham’. Jesus responded back by saying they were of their father, the Devil. Satan is called the ‘father of Lies’; have you ever told a lie? Then you’re also of your father the Devil. ~ If you’ve come to the knowledge that you’re a Sinner in the sight of God or felt the burden Sin has placed on your life; and if you’ve trusted in Jesus as your Savior from your Sin, you’re ‘Born Again’. This spiritual birth gives us a new lease on life since the Devil’s no longer our father; no longer having any paternal rights over you. Maybe you know someone who’s adopted a child into their family? Maybe they already had a child to begin with. Maybe that adopted child is not as beloved in the parent’s heart as their unique offspring is, and maybe the parents are not considering the child in their inheritance. If so, they have failed! This Adopted child is no better off than a Cinderella…

Thank God that this is not how he treats his adopted children! The Apostle Paul says, “And you, also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a Seal, the promised Holy Ghost, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance.” When Paul speaks about a Seal he’s talking about a wax seal, stamped by a Sovereign on a Royal Decree with this Sovereign’s Royal mark from the insignia of his ring. A seal on a letter had to be intact when the letter was delivered to its intended, so that he would know that the letter was undefiled. In the book of Revelation, we find that only Jesus can open a Seal of God; and he only does this at the end of the world. We are The Holy Spirit’s parcel from the time we first believe through Faith, until we’re delivered intact; Seal and all...

If you want God as your Father then you must also want Jesus as your brother. Jesus is God’s unique Son but we must enter the family of God through Adoption, giving him paternal rights. The details of the Adoption contract are thus; believe on the risen Lord Jesus Christ and you will be Forgiven! We’re Saved by Grace through our Faith, without Working to be Adopted. Repent of your Sins, and Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God. Join an Evangelical Church that preaches the Gospel, and has a heart for the Lost ~ The Devil is destined for Hell and all his family will be with him there. Jesus Christ’s brothers will be with him in Heaven for all eternity; Praise God!

Galatians 4:7 + 1st John 3:1 KJV; Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Advents ~ by Reverend RV * January 8

Acts 7:52 KJV
; Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

The coming of the Lord is known as an Advent; IE the arrival of a notable person, thing or event. God has arrived in the person of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. On Sabbaths he was accustomed to reading the scrolls in the Synagogues, and one day he was handed the Isaiah scroll. He read “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim Liberty to the captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor…” He stopped reading in the middle of a sentence, sat down and said these words are now fulfilled in their sight. This caused an uproar for two reasons; Jesus claimed to be the Messiah who Isaiah spoke of, and because he stopped reading before they thought he should have. The leaders believed the part Jesus read was one part of the Advent of the Messiah; but Jesus divided Isaiah into two Advents…

We are waiting for a second Advent before the second part of Isaiah will be fulfilled; Isaiah went on to say the Messiah would usher in the Day of Vengeance of God. Jesus had to stop reading before he got to this part, or he couldn’t have said those words were fulfilled in his first Advent; they’re to be fulfilled in our day. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people that Lie? That’s easy; a Liar. Have you ever stolen? What do you call people that steal? A Thief; right? These are two of the Ten Commandments, if God judges you by his standard, would you be innocent or guilty? The first step is to admit you have a problem; would you go to Heaven or to Hell? You object, “No! Hell is for Murderers.” Jesus said that if you’ve hated anyone you’ve committed Murder in your Heart; and Saint James said if you break one Commandment, you’re guilty of them all. Does this bother you? ~ These are his rules for his Kingdom…

But as Jesus said, for now we live in the Year of the LORD’s Favor; which is the Grace of God. ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life. The reason this is possible is because Jesus was born into virtue and remained Sinless all of his life. Only he was an acceptable sacrifice for the Sin of the world, and he shed his blood on the Cross to pay for our Transgressions against the Commands of God. He died, was buried in a new, borrowed tomb but arose to life on the third day; because he lives we shall also live! We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Risen Savior Jesus Christ, without trying to Merit our Liberty from the captivity of Sin and Hell with good deeds. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and study the Bible at a Good Church. ~ A time is coming soon where Jesus Christ will arrive for a second time to Judge the living and the dead, to burn up the world; and bring us a new Heaven and new Earth…

Revelation 22:12 NASB; "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Allegory ~ by Reverend RV * January 9

Galatians 4:24 King James 2000
; Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from mount Sinai, which brings forth to bondage, which is Hagar.

An Allegory is a story with symbolic Meaning that’s intended to help teach a lesson; IE “The Moral of the Story”. “Pilgrim’s Progress” is a famous Allegory intended to help us picture what the Bible teaches, it’s the second most published book after the Bible. I explained to someone what it meant to be spiritually dead, and I used an Allegory; we consist of Body and Soul, but a dead spirit. ~ Mr Body and Mr Soul were sitting around a fire and they started reminiscing about their old friend Mr Spirit who had passed away. Mr Soul asked Mr Body if he believed in God? Mr Body said I don’t believe in anything I can’t see. Hoping to convince Mr Body that God is real, Mr Soul thought that maybe he could convince Mr Body in a god ‘like’ the real God, so he gave that a try. All of the sudden out of the flames, Mr Spirit returned from the dead and told Mr Soul and Mr Body he has Discerned that God is real; then they all believed in God…

Saint Paul said, “Once I was alive apart from the Law; but when the Commandment came, Sin sprang to life and I died. ~ What do you call someone who always Lies? A Liar, right? Do you tell Lies? As a matter of fact, don’t you always tell Lies? The Ninth Commandment has come to you, and Sin sprang to life in you! What do you call someone who is famous for Stealing? A Thief, right? Have you Stolen before? As a matter of fact, don’t you always Steal? The Eighth Commandment has come to you, and more Sin has sprung to life and you’ve died. You are Separated from God; this is Spiritual Death. ~ These are just two of the Ten Commandments, do we need to continue? Jesus is the Judge of the world and said that Lust is Adultery and Hatred is Murder. If he judged you by this standard, would you be innocent or guilty? Will you go to Heaven or Hell? Let me help you learn how to be Saved; you need the Gospel of Jesus Christ…

For God so loved the world, he gave us his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life. Jesus Christ lived his life without Sinning and earned a good record of Righteousness; this qualified him to be the Lamb of God who takes away the Sin of the world. He did this by bleeding to death on a Roman Cross, and by rising from the dead on the first Easter Sunday. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Living Savior Jesus Christ, without Working to Merit our Justification. Repent of your Sin, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and go to a Bible loving Church…

1st Thessalonians 5:23 KJV; And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Alley cats ~ by Reverend RV * January 10

Job 4:10 NLT
; The lion roars and the wildcat snarls, but the teeth of strong lions will be broken.

I was listening to a debate between an Atheist and a Christian where the Atheist said the Bible was Evil; because God created us knowing that babies will die and go to Hell. But the Christian said the Atheist doesn’t have a way to detrmine what is Evil and what is not Evil, because the Atheist is a Philosophical Naturalist; and these kind of people view Morality as Subjective. The Atheist said whatever destroys the Family is Evil. ~ I started playing Armchair Debater and wanted to know what the Naturalist would say about the Alley Cat? A male Cat will kill a Litter of kittens so that the female Cat will go into Heat sooner; is that cat Evil? A mother cat will move its Litter over and over again to keep it safe from predators; even their father. The Naturalist wouldn’t say that the male cat is evil, but that his action is contrary to the survival of the species. But is it even contrary? Him helping the female go into Heat more often is good for the species too. We see Naturalism really doesn’t give us an answer for us what’s Good or Evil, right?

Our first instinct was to say the male cat’s actions were Evil, and the female cat’s actions were virtuous; why is that? What kind of an Alley Cat are you? ~ Have you ever killed someone? What would you call a person that Kills? No, I’m not talking about a Hunter; I’m talking about Manslaughter. No? What if I told you that Jesus said if you Hate anyone you’ve committed Murder in your Heart; have you ever wished someone were dead? Hmm; you’re like the male Barn Cat. Have you ever committed Adultery? What if I told you Jesus said that when you look upon a woman with Lust, you’ve committed Adultery with her in your heart? Fantasizing a woman will go into an uncontrollable Heat to be with you is often the only way you can get a woman like that! ~ Have you ever had an Abortion? Which of the Alley Cats would that make you?? If the father of the baby tried to get you to keep his child, which one of you were Virtuous? If God judged you by his Ten Commandments, would you go to Heaven or to Hell? Does this bother you?

You can find forgiveness for your sins! ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! God became a Man in the baby Jesus Christ, and his parents took him to Egypt to keep him safe from the predators who were seeking to kill him. They brought him back to Israel when it was safe, and he grew in stature and in Wisdom. Jesus Christ was the Sinless Lamb of God that took away the Sin of the world. He shed his blood on the Cross to Atone for Sin, died and was buried, but rose from the dead as the Judge of the world. We’re Saved by Grace through Faith in the Resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without Works lest we boast. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God, and start reading your Bible with the help of a Church that agrees with this Gospel. ~ Secular Humanism can’t tell us what is Good and Evil, especially when they say that Morality is true for each Society and for each Generation. What if the future is worse than it is now? What if a Nation conquers this Land and their Morality suggests that you are a waste of space?

Galatians 5:14 BSB; The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Amazing Grace ~ by Reverend RV * January 11

2nd Samuel 12:7a+9a
; Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Why have you despised the word of the Lord, to do what is evil in his sight?’”

In the mid 18th century, the slave trade was big business. In West Africa people would be kidnapped and sold, loaded into the bowels of a ship like cordwood and transported to Slave Markets around the world. One noted Slave Trader captained several ships during this time. He had spent some time as a Slave himself but was rescued. How could he be a Slave, and go on to become a Slave Trader?? It boggles the Mind! If there’s a God, this person will be at the top of a list of people who deserve to go to Hell for his Sins; wouldn’t you agree?? ~ The bad things we do, seem like nothing compared to this. Have you ever told a Lie? I have yet to meet a person who has ever said that they haven’t; what do you call someone who tells you a Lie? Have you ever Stolen anything; what do you call someone who Steals? ~ You ask, “Are you saying that I deserve Hell because of these small offenses? I can see the other man going to Hell, but not me!” ~ Let me answer that with an example from the Bible…

The LORD sent Nathan to King David, to say to him, “There were two men in one city; the one rich, but the other poor; and the rich man had many flocks. But the poor man had nothing, except one little lamb, which he had bought and raised; and it grew up together with him, and with his children. He fed it and it drank out of his own cup; and lay in his bosom, and was like family to him. A traveler came to the rich man’s house, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler. Instead, he took the little lamb that belonged to the poor man, and prepared it for the one who had come to him.” ~ David burned with anger against that man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the LORD lives, the man who did this must die!” Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own.” ~ The prophet Nathan used the example of the little lamb to open the King’s eyes. David was not guilty of taking his own sword and killing Uriah, but he did put him at the front of a battle with Israel’s enemy; only God knew why David put Uriah in a ‘lose/lose’ situation. ~ Have you ever Hated someone? Then you are the man! Jesus said that Hatred is Murder in the first degree; you are now wanted for mass Murder. Have you ever Stolen? Then you are guilty of Nabbing! The Captain of the Slave Ships was involved in the Kidnapping of many Souls; that was an act of Theft. ~ David’s Sin only seemed small at first: how did you fare when your Hate was shown for what it really is?

The Captain I am speaking of is John Newton; a GIANT in Christian history. As his Sin ‘grew and grew’ into a monstrous burden on his Conscience, he had no other choice but to seek a way to be rid of it; wouldn’t you? While Captaining one of those Slave Ships and while enduring a Shipwreck, Newton gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Over time, he would go on to become a Preacher and fight Slavery as an Abolitionist. He wrote the most famous Hymn of all time; ‘Amazing Grace’. ~ We are Saved by the amazing Grace of God! What is Grace? It is God’s great Love! It is God sending his own Son to live a Sinless Life and die on a cross, shedding his blood as a sacrifice for the remission of Sins. Grace is Jesus Christ claiming the Sinful record of all who will put their Faith in him as their Lord and Savior, and in exchange giving them his Sinless record so we can be Righteous. Grace is God raising Jesus from the dead, and one day raising all believers from the dead to be with him in his Kingdom of Heaven. Grace is God’s eternal Forgiveness! ~ Repent of your Sins and Confess Jesus as your Lord God. Join an Evangelical Church that loves the Bible; and Lost Souls. Follow him like a little lamb…

John 10:27 KJV; My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Amazing Prophecy ~ by Reverend RV * January 12

Daniel 9:26-a NIV
; After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

Do you want a good reason to believe in the God of the Bible? This verse is the middle part of a Passage that predicted the time of Jesus Christ’s death; a Prophecy made hundreds of years before it happened! ~ When Israel was conquered and carried off to Babylon, Daniel kept his Faith in God and was elevated to a high office in that Nation. An Angel spoke to the Prophet Daniel and said there would be a time that Israel would return to rebuild its land; then the clock would begin ticking, counting down the time until their Messiah would die. The Sixty-Two ‘Sevens’ simply means Sixty-Two times Seven; equaling Four Hundred Eighty-Three years, after you add the Forty-Nine years mentioned in the previous verse. There is not much space here to give all the details but you can research this to see if it’s true. Some would suggest that this is speaking of someone else, but none compare to Jesus when it comes to his death matching the given Time. Too good to be true? We have a copy of this verse in the Dead Sea Scrolls that dates back Fifty years before the time of Jesus. ~ There are MANY Signposts in the Old Testament which predicted who the Messiah is; this is just the tip of the iceberg.

It is important to know what a Messiah is. Messiah means ‘Anointed One’; in the case of Jesus it means he’s the King of Israel and their High Priest. The reason they needed such a person is because of their Sin. God’s Ten Commandments warn us against cursing God’s Name and having another God besides the Almighty God. Have you ever used God’s name in Vain? I have. Have you ever had another God than the Almighty? No? I have; but not in a way that most would think. Having NO God is the same as having a god other than the Almighty God; have you ever heard of the almighty Dollar? That empty space where God belongs in your life will not stay empty; Nature abhors a Vacuum and you do have another god. ~ When God goes so far out of the way to give proof he exists, pinpointing the future so precisely; ask yourself, would you be innocent or guilty if this God judged you by the Ten Commandments? It is important to be honest with yourself; YES you would be guilty. Would you go to Heaven or to Hell? Sinners are condemned to Hell forever and ever…

But you don’t have to go there! Since Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, he is their High Priest. Not only that, but he will be your Christ, which is the Gentile word for Messiah. When you realize that there is a God and you are condemned, then it is time for the Gospel. Jesus is God’s Son who came to live a Sinless life so it could be said that at least SOMEONE would do such a thing. This Righteous requirement is what we all need in order to be innocent in the eyes of Holy God. Jesus died on the Cross, shedding his blood to Atone for Sin. He was buried but rose from the dead in three days with a living, Glorified body. Christ shares his Righteousness with all who are Saved by Grace, through Faith in him, without our trying to add to his Righteousness. Trust in Jesus as your Savior and you won’t be put to shame. ~ The people we call the Three Wise Men came to see the new born King of Israel; right on time! How did they know when Jesus would be born?? It’s because of the legacy of the Prophet Daniel; he taught them to look for the Morning Star around this same time. You would be surprised at how many reasons there are to believe. Read your Bible and find a Church that will show you more and more reasons to believe! How many reasons do you need? I will write that many Gospel Tracts…

Matthew 2:2 NLT; "Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose, and we have come to worship him."

Anger Management ~ by Reverend RV * January 13

Ephesians 4:26 BSB
; "Be angry, yet do not sin." Do not let the sun set upon your anger,

The Bible says that God is angry with the Wicked every day. Often we cannot contemplate a God who is angry all the time, because in our modern day most Preachers tell us over and over again that God is Love; and they are right. But because they are right, this doesn’t mean that a fire and brimstone Preacher is wrong; both points are Biblical. ~ The Apostle Paul tells us to be angry but not to Sin while being angry; there must be a way for Sinless Anger to be true. Since we know that we can rightly be angry with someone, this should convince us that God can also be angry and not Sin in his anger. ~ When you watch the News and they tell us of a mother who has drowned her children in a lake and lied about it, even inventing and blaming a man of another color in an attempt to get away with a crime; this rightly makes us angry. But if you were angry with a villain who does not exist because he was of Color, then you have Sinned in your anger. Many of us recognize my example because it really happened and was on the News several years ago. ~ There are ways we can tell if we are Sinning while we’re angry, let’s look at a couple of them…

The Bible says “Thou shalt not Murder”. We don’t even have to be religious to agree that Murder is wrong. There are many reasons to be angry with a Murderer but one reason is that Murder steals Life, though it’s not as common as Theft. But it may surprise you to find out that God thinks Murder is as rampant as Theft! Saint John tells us that Cain murdered his brother Abel because Cain’s own actions were evil, but Abel’s actions were righteous. John summed this up by saying that Cain’s motive was hatred of his brother. John wasn’t the only one who tied Hatred to Murder; in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus also said that Hatred is Murder committed in the heart! ~ Who have you Hated?? Someone probably popped up in your Mind right now; maybe many people. Have you ever wished that someone were dead? ~ If God judged you by this, would you be guilty or innocent? All have Sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and the wages of Sin is death. Hell is for Sinners…

But the Bible says that God will not stay angry forever; how could this be true since God is angry with the Wicked every day?? God loves the world so much that he gave us his only begotten Son, to make an attempt at living a good life. There was a time Jesus did just that, and a voice boomed from the clouds which said “This is my Son in whom I am well pleased”. Jesus never Sinned, so if anyone ever earned their way to Heaven it was him! Jesus shares his good record with all who believe that he shed his blood on the Cross, died for our punishment and arose from the dead as Lord and Savior. We are Saved by God’s Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ apart from trying to earn our way into Heaven. Confess Jesus as Lord, Repent of your Sins and find a Bible Believing Church. ~ June Hunt said that anger management is like the warning lights on a car’s dashboard; they’re to protect the car. When we let the Sun go down on our anger, that’s like driving with the check engine light on every day. You are worth more than many vehicles; staying angry leads to Sin…

Micah 7:18 NIV; Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

Angry with the Wicked ~ by Reverend RV * January 14

Proverbs 9:10 KJV
; The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Many people think of God as a grandfather type of person, and in a way this is true for the believer. But before we can ever know God in this light, we must first start at the beginning. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He made Man in his image and everything that God made was good. God put Man in the Garden of Eden and gave him everything; except the fruit of one tree. God said that the day he ate of this fruit, Man would surely die. Satan entered the world and tempted the Man’s wife to eat of the tree, and the Man followed her. Their eyes were opened and they saw themselves for what they had become, and they hid from God. God came to them and was angry; he cursed the ground and made it hard, and cursed childbirth with pain as punishment. From that day forward, God has been angry with the wicked every day…

But you say, ‘Surely I am not wicked, I can think of many people who are worse than me; Hitler was Wicked.” Yes, Hitler was wicked; but so was Adam. “Are you trying to say that Adam was as wicked as Hitler??” Because of the Sin of Adam, the world fell into Sin with him. As Hitler lead the world to destruction, so did Adam; and by one piece of fruit. “How can Adam’s Sin be so grievous to God?” God told Moses, “Thou shalt have no other God before me.” That day Adam followed Satan, the god of this world, and broke the first of Gods Commandments. Unlike Adam, Eve was deceived; but she was still reckoned as having put another God first in her life. Have you unknowingly broke one of the Ten Commandments? Since Eve was without excuse, then so are you. But most likely you are more like Adam and have Willingly exchanged the truth of God for a lie. God is angry with you every day, and says that because you broke one of his Commandments you are guilty of breaking them all! If God judges you by the Ten Commandments, will you be innocent or guilty? The guilty lose their day in Court and are cast into Hell, and the Lake of Fire for all eternity! Does this bother you? If it doesn’t, the Bible is true when it says, “there is no fear of God before their eyes”. But there is hope; the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom…

King Solomon wrote that Proverb and he was the wisest man in the world, but Jesus said that he is wiser than a Solomon. He who wins souls is wise; this is the culmination of the beginning of Wisdom. Instead of being a loser on Judgment Day, you can be a winner! Jesus is God Incarnate who lived a Holy life as a man, in order to please God his Father. Jesus shed his blood for the remission of Sins by dying on the Cross over two thousand years ago. Because he rose from the grave alive he is able to share with us the good standing which he has with his Father; this is how we can be Righteous and be saved from the Wrath of God. We are Saved by Grace through Faith, this Salvation belongs to all who believe in him as their Lord and Savior. God has sent you a man today who has given you the Gospel; make both he and you wise, and win your Soul today…

Psalm 51:6 KJV; Behold, God desires truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part you will make me to know wisdom.

Anguish ~ by ReverendRV * January 15

Job 7:11 KJV
; Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

Perhaps none have been in anguish quite like Job; he was the most blessed man in the world but he lost everything he had. At first he praised God by saying, “The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh, blessed be the name of the LORD”; it was well with his Soul. But God would then take away Job’s health and all of the sudden it was no longer well with his Soul; a root of Bitterness had grown within him. Job’s friends had come to comfort him in his distress and at first it worked; they sat quietly with him. But before long they became miserable comforters because they started a ‘Bible Study’ and took a stab at Job’s issues. Anguish can cause us to become totally different people than we normally are; right? I can think of two in the New Testament who were in anguish, one is Jesus; in his anguish his sweat was filled with blood…

Have you ever been in anguish? I have; I’ve been in anguish so much that it caused me more physical pain than I’ve ever felt before. King David spoke of the anguish he felt over the prospect of going to Hell. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? Wouldn’t you say that everyone has Lied? What do you call someone who’s Lied to you? If you don’t want to use the word Liar to describe yourself, then it proves you’re starting to feel the heat; the first step of recovery is to admit you have a problem. Did you know the Bible says that when you’ve broken one Commandment you’ve broken them all? What good is a bicycle chain missing a link? If God judged you by his standard, would you be innocent or guilty? Wouldn’t you go to Hell?

Jesus came face to face with his destiny and asked God his Father if there be any other way to pay for the Sins of other people, than to pay for them with his own life. Death is unnatural; especially for a Sinless Man who has the Son of God as his very own Spirit. ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal Life! Jesus Christ Justified many because he bore their Sin on the Cross, and because we bear his Righteousness as if it were a pure white robe. We’re Saved by God’s Grace through Faith in the resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without having a Works Righteousness of our own. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as Lord and join a Church that always preaches Jesus Christ and him Crucified; and him risen from the dead. ~ When you’re a Born Again Christian, this life is the closest you will ever get to experiencing Hell. Saint Paul knew sorrow in many ways, but he knew an unceasing anguish for his own brethren; the Jews. We are all brothers and sisters descended from Adam; shouldn’t we be anguishing for their Salvation as Paul did? The criminal Charles Peace said if he believed in Hell, he’d crawl over broken glass to preach the Gospel to the Lost. Without realizing it, he recognized the anguish we should feel for the Lost…

Romans 9:2 NIV; I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.

Anime; the Sword of the Spirit ~ by Reverend RV * January 16

Ephesians 6:17 KJV
; take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

I have been studying the Armor of God lately; this verse mentions two of its pieces. The Sword of the Spirit put me in Mind of many things I’ve seen while watching Anime; the televised version on Japanese Manga comic books. Often you can see many heroes and villains using HUGE swords, so large that it appears ridiculous that they can even carry them while being such slender swordsmen. Of course the size of the swords represent how powerful they are when used in battle. One of my favorite Anime cartoons is Inyuasha; he possesses a powerful sword which is made of a fang from out of his demonic father’s mouth. ~ Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me! Is that so? Most of us know that being called names does hurt us, there is power in our words. When someone called you names, did you wish you could hurt them back? Jesus said that Hatred is Murder; have you ever cut someone to the bone with just a word? It is SO easy to Sin against another person; and against an almighty God. The Wages of Sin is Death, an eternal Death in a fiery Hell. But you don’t have to go to Hell because of Jesus Christ. Let me tell you about the time he brandished the Sword of the Spirit…

After Jesus was Baptized, he was led into the wilderness by the Holy Ghost to be tempted for forty days. Near the end of those days, the Devil came to tempt Jesus. Satan tried three times to cause Jesus to fall into Sin. But after each temptation, Jesus responded by quoting the Bible; “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” “It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.” “it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.” ~ Jesus defended himself by brandishing the Sword of the Spirit that was sheaved in his Heart, and in he struck his Adversary like a flash of lightning three times. Satan left the scene, and Angels came to minister to Jesus. You can almost see it; like an Anime, showing the Meek Hero enduring the poison under his enemy’s lips, and powerfully lashing out after each attack until he won the victory…

Like Inyuasha, there are enemies out there which use the power of their father the Devil against you. They fight with their father’s poisonous Fangs; the poison of Asps are under their lips. You need a Sword in order to fight back! This is how you get armed for the fight; put your Faith, Hope and Love in Jesus Christ as your Risen Lord and Savior. Jesus lived a Sinless life, and that is what God requires from us to get into Heaven. Jesus will give you HIS Sinless record and you can then fight back by using his Father’s Sword. Read Ephesians chapter six and put on the whole armor of God. Repent of your Sins, find a good Church and read the Bible. How can you use the Sword of the Spirit which is the Bible, without reading it?? ~ There are two words in the Greek which translates to ‘Word’ in English. One describes the written word and the other describes the spoken word. It is the spoken word that describes the Sword of the Spirit; be like Jesus and utter the written words of the Holy Spirit; IE the Bible, in your fight for Right…

Revelation 19:15 KJV; Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.

April Fools! ~ by ReverendRV * January 17

Ephesians 2:12 NKJV
; that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

Sometimes the Bible only uses a word once throughout its whole contents, but often the word says a mouthful. Our Bibles translate this one Greek word by using two english words; ‘without God’. The original Greek word is ‘atheos’; it’s where the word Atheist is from. It means “without God, knowing and worshipping no God; denying the gods; godless, ungodly; abandoned by the gods.”The Theologian John Gill tells us; “The word signifies ‘Atheist’: some who were Gentiles in ‘theory’, as well as in practice; and they were by the Jews reckoned no other than ‘Atheists’; it is a common saying with them that ‘He who dwells outside the land of Israel is like (atheos) one who has no God”. We see that the first Commandment is true; ‘Thou shalt have no gods before Me’. If you worship a god other than the God of the Bible; you are essentially an Atheist…

The fool says in his heart there is no God. The reason this is foolishness is because even the novice knows that he isn’t ‘a know it all’; no one is Omniscient. But you ask, “Wouldn’t this also be true of the Christian, and their belief is foolishness too?” ~ This is why a Christian must live by Faith; but Faith must never be said to be the epitome of Foolishness. Jesus said, “whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the courts. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.” Raca means ‘empty, void, i.e. a senseless, empty headed man’; it was used in the time of Christ as a reproach, calling a religious Jew an Atheist. Calling a Jew an Atheist was like spitting on him and was reason enough to be sued in court. But Jesus says that calling a person a Fool is even worse! ~ The reason Christianity isn’t foolishness is because it isn’t ‘empty, void or senseless’. Science, Philosophy and Theology tell us that there must be a ‘first cause’; thus our premise isn’t devoid of any sense. Philosophy and Theology tell us ‘I think therefore I am’; Creation follows the intelligent design of the ‘Cogito ergo Sum’. Theology tells us that the intelligent, eternal first cause is the great “I AM”. How amazing is it that the essence of Cogito Ergo Sum is found expressed as early as the days of Israel’s enslavement in Pharaoh’s Egypt?

If you still feel that Christianity is foolishness after this, you are in danger of Hell fire. Calling the Jew Godless was enough to subpoena you to court for it; God has his Judge ready too! He has said that you shall have no other god before him; even if it is the vacant image of ‘there is no God’. If God judged you by this, would you be innocent or guilty? If there is a God, of course you would be guilty! Does this bother you since you can’t Omnisciently ‘know’ there is no God?? You do not need to go to God’s eternal prison because in God’s legal system, Jesus Christ paid the fine! Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a Sinless life and earned his way to Heaven; something we cannot do because we we’re not born of a virgin. Jesus paid our fine with his life’s blood by dying on a Cross; and paved the way to Heaven by rising from the dead; giving Life to all God his Father has given him. ~ How can you have a Savior if there is no God; Jesus is God’s Son! Believe in God by putting your Faith in Jesus; and you will be saved. Repent of your Sins and find a Bible believing Church who will disciple you, showing you more reasons to believe there is a God…

Exodus 3:14 NKJV; And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Back