💡Filthy Rag faith...

ReverendRV

Righteousness is not faith.
The verse does not compare faith to filthy rags
It compares people's righteousness to filthy rags
I know better than to get into this with you, it's just a waste of Time. But know that I've gotten another Poster to understand where I'm coming from and agree we're close, so it's just a waste of time with YOU...

You do realize I don't have to talk to you, right?

Last edited:

Sethproton

I know better than to get into this with you, it's just a waste of Time. But know that I've gotten another Poster to understand where I'm coming from and agree we're close, so it's just a waste of time with YOU...

You do realize I don't have to talk to you, right?
BecauseI tell you the truth, I waste your time.

Bob Carabbio

A Satanist can get faith from themselves; unless you're a Calvinist and believe Faith only comes from God
And since according to Rom 10:17, that's exactly WHERE Faith comes from, no problem.

All a satanist can generate is "BELIEF" - which has no substance, and is an evidence of nothing.
;) As an Assembly of God, you don't think God looks at a Satanist's faith in Satan as filthy?

I did say this Thread is going to hurt y'all...
God knows that a satanist's faith is "just another phony belief system" - not unlike Mormonism, Catholicism, or Jehovah Witness.

"Filthy Rags", applies to supposed "Works of righteousness" - not "FAITH".

ReverendRV

And since according to Rom 10:17, that's exactly WHERE Faith comes from, no problem.

All a satanist can generate is "BELIEF" - which has no substance, and is an evidence of nothing.

God knows that a satanist's faith is "just another phony belief system" - not unlike Mormonism, Catholicism, or Jehovah Witness.

"Filthy Rags", applies to supposed "Works of righteousness" - not "FAITH".
So would you feel more comfortable saying that a Satanist's 'belief' is a Filthy-Rag?

Our Lord's God

Is there such a thing as "Filthy-Rag faith?"

Isaiah 64:6 NIV; All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Your error is obvious and plain. Isaiah is referring to "OUR" righteousness. Filthy rags.

But true believers do not do their own righteousness; they rather deny themselves and rather do the righteousness OF GOD which He prepares.

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:10. NOT filthy rags but works God Himself prepared.

The Church teaches that everything we do before we're Saved is filthy due to our Sinfulness. I gave an example elsewhere of faith that could be considered a Filthy-Rag; that of a Jew believing in YHWH. Even plowing a field to feed the world is a Filthy-Rag in the sight of God...

If you believe your faith isn't a Filthy-Rag, why is your faith excluded from Isaiah's charge of Filthiness since this Faith is of your righteousness? I would say my Faith is excluded because the Grace of God prevened my Faith, in order to make a 'real' difference in my Salvation; a difference that makes my Faith spotless...

And Calvinists, remember I'm a 5-Pointer if you wonder about something I said; please give me the benefit of the doubt for now...

ReverendRV

Isa 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

SO play your "Word games".
Are you mad at me?

Since we're all as an Unclean thing before we're Saved, everything we do is Unclean. Wouldn't it mean that a Jew's belief in YHWH is like a Filthy-Rag?

Bob Carabbio

Are you mad at me?

Since we're all as an Unclean thing before we're Saved, everything we do is Unclean. Wouldn't it mean that a Jew's belief in YHWH is like a Filthy-Rag?
Not mad, of course. I'm just not fond of using specific Biblical terminology in places that it simply doesn't belong.

I would NEVER express things that way. If it works for you, Oh Well.

ReverendRV

Not mad, of course. I'm just not fond of using specific Biblical terminology in places that it simply doesn't belong.

I would NEVER express things that way. If it works for you, Oh Well.
Thanks. I do think it belongs in this Forum more than anywhere else; IE Total Depravity. All of our Fallen righteousness is as Filthy-Rags. It's why Grace needs to make a 'real' difference in our Salvation, so even things like Faith can be Clean...

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Thanks. I do think it belongs in this Forum more than anywhere us; IE Total Depravity. All of our Fallen righteousness is as Filthy-Rags. It's why Grace needs to make a 'real' difference in our Salvation, so even things like Faith can be Clean...
BIBLICAL FAITH (Heb 11:1, Rom 10:17) is ALWAYS clean, since it flows from HIM.

ReverendRV

If an ISRAELITE has Biblical FAITH, then It's God Given. Many of 'em do.
It's not Biblical Faith without Christ, right? Is the faith of Hasidic Jews who pray at the Wailing Wall a God-Given Faith, or are they a stench in his nostrils because their Righteousness is like a Filthy-Rag?

Bob Carabbio

It's not Biblical Faith without Christ, right? Is the faith of Hasidic Jews who pray at the Wailing Wall a God-Given Faith, or are they a stench in his nostrils because their Righteousness is like a Filthy-Rag?
If an ISRAELITE has Biblical FAITH, then It's God Given. Many of 'em do.