1 Corinthians

They seem like sin salesmen.
That’s a good description. I’ve gone round and round with them in this . They like to misquote and misapply Paul’s words as chief of sinners being present rather than past life. They think 1 John 1:9 trumps the rest of scripture that refutes habitual sinning and those who practice sin shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

They like to misquote and misapply Paul’s words as chief of sinners

"misquote"... Please provide evidence for this accusation.

"misapply" .. Who gets to determination which is. the correct "application"? If two people disagree, it seems the charitable and Christian response is to "agree to disagree", rather than arrogantly claim yourself as "right" as an excuse to attack others.

being present rather than past life.

1Tim. 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

"of whom I AM chief".

"AM" - "eimi" - PRESENT tense.

It seems you're going to have to do a great deal of twisting and mental gymnastics to try to change "present" to "past".

Rom. 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am [present] carnal, sold under sin. 15 For that which I do [present] I allow not: for what I would, that do [present] I not; but what I hate, that do [present] I. 16 If then I do [present] that which I would not, I consent [present] unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do [present] it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth [present] no good thing: for to will is present [present] with me; but how to perform that which is good I find [present] not. 19 For the good that I would I do [present] not: but the evil which I would not, that I do [present]. 20 Now if I do [present] that I would not, it is no more I that do [present] it, but sin that dwelleth [present] in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do [present] good, evil is present [present] with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see [present] another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am [present]! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve [present] the law of God; but with the flesh [serve; present] the law of sin.

More equivocating to support another heresy . Yikes .

eisegesis to the core .

How does simply QUOTING two passages and observing the verb tenses allegedly constitute "eisegesis"?

It's obvious you're simply throwing around terms you have no clue what they mean.

Calvinism claims that their God predestines everything and everything includes sin. So the answer to your question is Yes.
A resounding yes indeed . A very unloving god . I would rather be any religion except that one .

@Synergy when one believes in an angry unloving god you become just like the false god you believe in , it’s part of that systematic, I was once that way myself filled with arrogance , pride and unloving towards those who disagreed, mocking them with ad hominems.

I have since publicly apologized to those non Calvinists I treated that way for years . I PM them , emailed and made it public on this forum in threads . I now have a target on me from the C’s because I know their false doctrines better then most all of them and expose them . So I’m treated with disdain now . But I’m good with that since they have no choice to do otherwise .

@Synergy when one believes in an angry unloving god you become just like the false god you believe in , it’s part of that systematic,

Uncharitable ad hominem duly noted.

As I have testified MANY times in this forum (and thank you for allowing me to do so once again), when God convinced me through the Holy Spirit and Scripture that the theology nicknamed "Calvinism" was true, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

God suddenly became a million times more Holy.
I suddenly realized that my sins were a million times more severe than I had imagined.
And that God's grace and mercy were a million times greater than I could have ever imagined.

The AMAZING love that God has become far more apparent to me after I discovered that "Calvinism" was true.

As for becoming like God, no true Christian would think like that. We understand the difference between Creator and creation, and that we don't have the right to emulate all His attributes. We don't get to share in His "wrath", or "anger", or "jealousy", and nobody can honestly deny that these are attributes of God. And further, no true Christian would WANT to emulate them.

For instance, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord".
What does that mean but that God can be vengeant, but we cannot?
And that's perfectly fine.

Does being a Calvinist make us "unloving"?
Hmmm...

"Amazing Grace" -- John Newton
"How Great Thou Art" -- Carl Gustav Boberg
"When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" -- Isaac Watts

I was once that way myself filled with arrogance , pride and unloving towards those who disagreed.

???

The sad thing is you probably believe this.

@Synergy when one believes in an angry unloving god you become just like the false god you believe in , it’s part of that systematic, I was once that way myself filled with arrogance , pride and unloving towards those who disagreed, mocking them with ad hominems.

I have since publicly apologized to those non Calvinists I treated that way for years . I PM them , emailed and made it public on this forum in threads . I now have a target on me from the C’s because I know their false doctrines better then most all of them and expose them . So I’m treated with disdain now . But I’m good with that since they have no choice to do otherwise .
Good to hear from you again! Tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to formulate some questions for you concerning the responses I got from multiple posters about my Calvinistic Ordo Salutis thread. It has to do with the Calvinistic "logical order" and when Calvinistic "life" begins, and where is repentance in all this? I'll put my thoughts together in order to formulate good questions.

Good to hear from you again! Tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to formulate some questions for you concerning the responses I got from multiple posters about my Calvinistic Ordo Salutis thread. It has to do with the Calvinistic "logical order" and when Calvinistic "life" begins, and where is repentance in all this? I'll put my thoughts together in order to formulate good questions.
I look forward to it as I once believed that garbage ? but have now seen the light . It’s definitely putting the cart ? before the horse ? theology and they deny regeneration is new life , new birth , born again , born of the spirit , eternal life , salvation etc …..

Why are you asking an anti-Calvinist about Calvinism?
Do you wish to stay in an echo chamber all your life?

I look forward to it as I once believed that garbage ? but have now seen the light .

So Calvinism is "garbage"?
Do you believe Calvinists are saved?
Do you believe Calvinists are owed the charity, gentleness and respect that the Bible demands you show to ALL people?

I speak the truth in love like Jesus . Many on that day will say Lord Lord . He will say depart from Me I never knew you . Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many are in that road but narrow is the road that leads to life and few find it .

Few vs Many just like I said .

oops

next

I though that was the Calvinist position?
No, that is the "free will" position. Here it is again:
I knew about you because I looked into the future and saw not only that you would be born, but that you would also become a prophet and I liked this and put my stamp of approval on it.

The Calvinist position is just as it was written in Scripture.
Jer 1:4 Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah became a prophet because God appointed him to be a prophet and God did this before he was born.

I knew about you because I looked into the future and saw not only that you would be born, but that you would also become a prophet and I liked this and put my stamp of approval on it.

Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah became a prophet because God appointed him to be a prophet and God did this before he was born.
Nope that is not the Arminian position

No Arminian states God has to look into the future to know a man's heart

Not sure I see that as an all in, all determistic, propagation.

So Jerimiah was an appointed prophet?

so what.

Let me check .....

Nope not Jerimaiah.

Just because Jerimiah had an appointment does not make everyone dead.

Last edited:
Back