1 Corinthians

Thank you for this opportunity:

"Total Depravity" <-- click here!
"Unconditional Election" <-- click here!
"Limited Atonement" <-- click here!
"Irresistible Grace" <-- click here!
"Perseverance of the Saints" <-- click here!
Except total depravity is defined by Calvinists as including total inability

refuted here

Matthew 13:20–21 (ESV) — 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.

Men were hardened to prevent believe

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

had men not hardened themselves in time they could have believed

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their understanding

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”

Except total depravity is defined by Calvinists as including total inability

refuted here

Matthew 13:20–21 (ESV) — 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy, 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.

Men were hardened to prevent believe

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

had men not hardened themselves in time they could have believed

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their understanding

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”
Yes the fatalism of total inability another man made heresy from augustine via the gnostics , plato, pagans

@Synergy when one believes in an angry unloving god you become just like the false god you believe in , it’s part of that systematic, I was once that way myself filled with arrogance , pride and unloving towards those who disagreed, mocking them with ad hominems.

I have since publicly apologized to those non Calvinists I treated that way for years . I PM them , emailed and made it public on this forum in threads . I now have a target on me from the C’s because I know their false doctrines better then most all of them and expose them . So I’m treated with disdain now . But I’m good with that since they have no choice to do otherwise .
These are the questions I have about the Calvinist faith. There's no rush in answering them:

1) According to Calvinism, at what point does the Holy Spirit begin to "indwell" people (2 Tim 1:14)?

2) Several Calvinists have realized that repentance must happen before regeneration. Since their Ordo Salutis does not and cannot allow for that then many of them have fallen back to a "logical order" explanation. What is your opinion about "logical order"? Has there been any attempt to base it on the Bible? Also, where is repentance in that "logical order"?

3) How do Calvinists handle the following operations or titles of the Holy Spirit:
  1. "washing of regeneration" of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5),
  2. "renewal of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5),
  3. "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit (2 Tim 1:14),
  4. "baptized" in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5),
  5. the "gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38),
  6. the "seal" of the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30),
  7. the "promise of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:33),

@Synergy when one believes in an angry unloving god you become just like the false god you believe in , it’s part of that systematic, I was once that way myself filled with arrogance , pride and unloving towards those who disagreed, mocking them with ad hominems.
That is so very very true. We are all images of the God we worship and His attributes always reflect off of us. A perfect case in point is the example here:

Reflection of Calvinist God's Attributes

Notice how the Calvinist's monergistic unilateral attitude, his attitude of me being totally depraved, his dictating of irresistable terms, and his attempt to predetermine/predestine me as "failed" is all a reflection of the Calvinist God they worship.

Sorry the definition does not fit me

fa·tal·ism
[ˈfādlˌizəm]

NOUN
  1. the belief that all events are predetermined and therefore inevitable:

Is tu quoque, denial, and altering texts all you have
If determinism equals fatalism your a fatalist.

Only when it encompasses all events

you know that phrase you desire to just ignore because it limits the title fatalist to your theology alone
Who says "ONLY when it encompasses all events" ?

If fatalism is defined as you woukd like to then anything that is determined is fatalism

YOUR A FATALIST

Who says "ONLY when it encompasses all events" ?

If fatalism is defined as you woukd like to then anything that is determined is fatalism

YOUR A FATALIST

More like you are.

From Paul.

Everything is permisable, but not all thngs are beneficial.

Some of you guys are going, even beyond Paul, for man to never live.

Perpetual not living is a misnomer.

Last edited:
Back