1 Corinthians

You clearly don't understand TULIP.
1) Those who aren't elected WEREN'T given "irresistible grace".
What about the people who did resist Calvinistic "Irresistible Grace", like the following verse says:

Acts 7:51: "O stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so you do."
2) Those who weren't elected were never "saints", to have to be "preserved".
Election is not a done deal, it needs our part to make it sure:

2 Pet 1:10: Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.

Are you saying that people can resist Irresistible Grace, like the following verse proves:

No.
I'm saying if God didn't give someone irresistible grace, then there is nothing for them to "resist".

Acts 7:51: "O stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so you do."

Nothing in here showing that the audience he was talking to was "elect".
There is no mention of "irrresistible grace" in this verse.

Incorrect.

2 Pet 1:10: Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.

This doesn't say we have to "do" anything to "attain" election.

What about the people who did resist Calvinistic "Irresistible Grace", like the following verse says:

Actually whats called the "doctrines of grace " is a misnomer- there is no grace in any of them the better name is the doctrines against grace. I will be posting a thread on how there is nothing resembling grace in any of them.

Actually whats called the "doctrines of grace " is a misnomer- there is no grace in any of them the better name is the doctrines against grace. I will be posting a thread on how there is nothing resembling grace in any of them.

Too late...
I already addressed it:

No.
I'm saying if God didn't give someone irresistible grace, then there is nothing for them to "resist".
Nothing in here showing that the audience he was talking to was "elect".
There is no mention of "irrresistible grace" in this verse.
What bigger power or larger source of grace is there in the universe other than the Holy Spirit? Nothing , nada....
What "Irresistible Grace" are you talking about?
Incorrect.
This doesn't say we have to "do" anything to "attain" election.
This diligence of people is what Peter says will make one's election sure. Election is not a done-deal by any stretch of the imagination:

2Pe 1:5 But also in this very thing, bringing in all diligence, filling out your faith with virtue, and with virtue, knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 and with knowledge self-control, and with self-control, patience, and with patience, godliness,
2Pe 1:7 and with godliness, brotherly kindness, and with brotherly kindness, love.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things are in you and abound, they make you to be neither idle nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 For he in whom these things are not present is blind and cannot see afar off and has forgotten that he was purged from his sins in the past.
2Pe 1:10 Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.

What bigger power or larger source of grace is there in the universe other than the Holy Spirit? Nothing , nada....
What "Irresistible Grace" are you talking about?

This diligence of people is what Peter says will make one's election sure. Election is not a done-deal by any stretch of the imagination:

2Pe 1:5 But also in this very thing, bringing in all diligence, filling out your faith with virtue, and with virtue, knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 and with knowledge self-control, and with self-control, patience, and with patience, godliness,
2Pe 1:7 and with godliness, brotherly kindness, and with brotherly kindness, love.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things are in you and abound, they make you to be neither idle nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 For he in whom these things are not present is blind and cannot see afar off and has forgotten that he was purged from his sins in the past.
2Pe 1:10 Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.
I posted a thread on that chapter a while back and as you could of guessed it didn’t go over to well with them lol .

It is kind of wierd .....

Might have been meant as an object lessen.

But they keep on filing the same thing.

Never being is grace ....

Right ....

Grace for them maybe.

Last edited:
Back