1) So is this statement true?
Jesus = God.
2) And is this statement true?
God = Jesus.
I say both statements are true
- Monotheism = there is only one true God.
- There are three divine persons called “God” in the Bible.
- Within the one being that is God there exist eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- “Person” refers to the center of consciousness and includes the idea of mind, will and desire.
- Just as I am a being with one center of self-consciousness, who I call “I”, God is a being with three centers of self-consciousness each of which can say “I”.
- I am the Father.
- I am the Son.
- I am the Holy Spirit.
- Each has a first-person perspective.
- They are three distinct persons.
- The Father is not identical to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
- The Son is not identical to the Father or the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is not identical to the Son or to the Father.
- They are not independent of each other they still belong to the same being.
- Since each is divine they share the attributes of deity.
- God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Father is God and not the Son or the Holy Spirit.
- The Son is God but not the Father or Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is God but not the Father or Son.
- “Co-equal” fully shared the being that is God never one third.
- “ Coeternal” all three exist within eternity, one did not exist before the other
- God= what.
- Three persons= who.
As to your statement. That is modalism.
But YOU used an equal sign, NOT a Greek word.
6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it [a
]robbery to be equal
Equal = 2470 ἴσος [isos /ee•sos/] adj. Probably from 1492 (through the idea of seeming); TDNT 3:343; TDNTA 370; GK 2698; Eight occurrences; AV translates as “equal” four times, “agree together + 2258” twice, “as much” once, and “like” once. 1 equal, in quantity or quality.
When you use an equal sign, you are no longer doing Arithmetic, An equal sign makes it an equation, which is Math.
And A=B means B=A is Math 101.
You are using arithmetic to argue mathematics.
A=B B=A when you are discussing amounts or values in the abstract.
for example A represents. 5x5, B represents 20+5.
5 nickels = 1 quarter
in monetary value.
But in every aspect are 5 nickels equal to 1 quarter?
Same applies to Jesus=God.
One has to ask how?
equal, in quantity or quality.