1 Jn 5:2. Jesus=God

John 1:1, 8:24,
1 Jesus does not say he is God in those passages...In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Jesus does not say he is God here...5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Heb 1:2,8,
Jesus does not say he is God here...
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Titus 2:13,
Jesus does not say he is God here...13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
1 Cor 10:4,
Jesus dis did not say he is God here...4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
2 Pet 1:1,
Jesus does not say he is God here...1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Rev 22:13, 2:23, Etc.
Jesus does not say he is God here Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
or Here..Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
You're blind.
Oh really? If Jesus hoe could he be God? is standing at the right hand of God
Acts 7:55
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Are you familiar at all with Congressman Adam Schiff? He was a high ranking democrat congressman that constantly lied to the American people about Trump collusion with Russia. To this day he is in complete denial of all his misdeeds and outright lies. It is like there is nothing that can be shown him on video or on paper. no matter how obvious, that he would confess to his wrongdoing. I said all that to say this to you.
This has nothing to do with the scripture..
I feel the same with you regarding the deity of Christ.
Who cares what you feel? I am not here to satisfy your feelings.
I truly feel if Jesus showed up at your doorstep with a red shirt saying I AM GOD, you would say something like, "Yes, but god with a little g".
Like I said who cares what you feel? Jesus walked the earth and no one recorded him saying he is God. Why would it be different if he should show up now?
I don't think that anything could have been written in scripture, no matter what, in which you would not twist it in some way to dismiss his deity.

It is not my problem that you don't think sir.
How does someone become like this?
By sticking to the truth. You cannot be like this because you are a stranger to the truth.
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Sorry but I will go with Jesus words and authority not yours. He said I ( Jesus ) will raise it ( His body ) from the dead after 3 days.
Ah but will you go by Jesus' words in John 17:3, for in that prayer he is calling the Father, The Only True God and himself the Christ whom He sent?

Do you know what that word "only" means in that adjective phrase "The Only True God" that modifies only the Father alone in that verse?

What you really mean then, is that you will go by Jesus' words only when you think that they support what you were taught and probably have believed in for years also, but when the words of Jesus clearly reveal that the Father is The Only True God alone, you will not accept it for the love of your false doctrine.

Jesus cannot be both active and passive in his life being restored back to him and John used the passive voice verb "egerthe" to express what he and the other disciple truly understood from what Jesus said.

Not to mention the fact that none of his other disciples in their narratives of the resurrection ever stated that Jesus raised himself from the dead, none of them period.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the scripture..

Who cares what you feel? I am not here to satisfy your feelings.

Like I said who cares what you feel? Jesus walked the earth and no one recorded him saying he is God. Why would it be different if he should show up now?

It is not my problem that you don't think sir.

By sticking to the truth. You cannot be like this because you are a stranger to the truth.
1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

However, to be consistent with your logic, how do you really know that "Son of God" really means "Son of God"? The term Son can be used in different ways, so if you are going to say he is literally "Son" do you have any scripture that supports what you are saying?

1 Jesus does not say he is God in those passages...In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word. The Word was God. Only God was God. All Scripture comes from Jesus.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

"He" was added (you already knew this). Jesus called Himself God "I AM". We been thru this before.

Jesus does not say he is God here...5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

"Jesus saved the people" is the more accurate reading. Fact.

Jesus does not say he is God here...
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

The worlds were made by the Son. God ALONE made the worlds. Jesus is God.

Jesus does not say he is God here...13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The great God and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus is God.

Jesus dis did not say he is God here...4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

That Rock was Christ. God ALONE was/is the Rock. Jesus is God.

Jesus does not say he is God here...1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Our God and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus is God.

Jesus does not say he is God here Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

That is literally Jesus speaking. God ALONE searches the hearts.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I, the Lord, search the heart; I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”

Jesus is God.

or Here..Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

That's literally Jesus speaking. God ALONE is the first and the last.

Isaiah 44:6-8
6 This is what the Lord says, the King of Israel
and its Redeemer—
the Lord of the Heavenly Armies is his name—
I am the first and I am the last,
and apart from me there is no God.
7 Who is like me? Let him proclaim
and declare it, and lay it out for himself—
since he made an ancient people.
And let him speak future events;
let them tell him what will happen.
8 Don’t tremble, and don’t be afraid.
Didn’t I tell you and announce it long ago?
You are my witnesses.
Is there any God besides me?
There is no other Rock—
I don’t know of any
.”

Jesus is God.

Last edited:
However, to be consistent with your logic, how do you really know that "Son of God" really means "Son of God"?
Now you are arguing that the scripture does not mean what is written. You are also arguing that Jesus does not mean what he says.
The term Son can be used in different ways, so if you are going to say he is literally "Son" do you have any scripture that supports what you are saying?
I am not saying anything different from the scripture. The scripture says Jesus is the son of God and I am simply repeating what the scripture says. You are the one who is making a claim that is not written in the scripture.

Jesus is the Word. The Word was God. Only God was God. All Scripture comes from Jesus.
babble
"He" was added (you already knew this). Jesus called Himself God "I AM". We been thru this before.

" I am" does not mean God. You are parroting another person's nonsense. Go look it up for yourself.
"Jesus saved the people" is the more accurate reading. Fact.
Yes God sent Jesus to be the saviour of the world. fact...
1 John 4:14
And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

False.

Only God "was God" right???

Jesus is the Word and He "was God".

So He MUST be God.

" I am" does not mean God. You are parroting another person's nonsense. Go look it up for yourself.

God told Moses to tell the Israelites "I AM sent me". Jesus said "if you don't believe I AM you will die in your sins".

Jesus is God. They knew what He was saying.

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Oh look it's this argument again.

God ALONE is the Savior of the whole world.

God ALONE saved the people from Egypt.

God ALONE is "our great God and Savior"..

Last edited:
The word in the Hebrew text is Elohim the same word used to make Moses a God. I have explained this many times. If Jesus is God then Moses is also God

The word is Elohim. same as he made Moses.

God was never born a child

Jesus was a man yes.

What do you mean by divine?

What incarnation? there is no mention of incarnation in the scripture. Incarnation is about Rama and Vishnu. Are you a Hindu?

You are stating eternal titles, not me.

at your strawmen

Where does the scripture say that? As far as the scripture goes the beginning is referring to this world.

What rubbish are you speaking? If believers can become eternal how can you imagine in your minute brain that the father cannot be eternal?

Since sons come from their fathers if he erased everything he created then the son would be erased also. You are not making any sense. Where do you suppose sons come from? Are they not offsprings of their father?

By giving them eternal life. Do you actually think before you type? 1 Cor 15
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

That is the absence of facts, sir. The fact is there is no mention of a trinity in the scripture. You cannot deny that fact.

Nope, those are two different arguments. No one has seen God, have they? They have seen the bible and they have seen what is in the bible.

I never made that argument neither is my argument close to that.

But it is not, is it? Your claim is that the God of the Bible is a trinity. If that is the case then the bible must say that.

Oh yes, they are but in different words. God is almighty is he not? Omniscience=
Acts 15:18
Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
omnipotent= God gave Jesus all power
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

omnipresent=Ps 1398 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
immutable=
Hebrews 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
I proved my case with evidence that shows you have no evidence to prove your case.
Please show us where it says God is three

I gave you two separate verses from different writers matt and Jn

Isn't this a verse out of context and in isolation...The word God is written Elohim in the Psalm, the same word god used for Moses when he made him a god/Elohim
Jesus Christ was God at birth. He was NEVER "made" a god.

babble

Complete EVASION,

babble
Only God "was God" right???
Was? what do you mean was? God is always God.
Jesus is the Word and He "was God".
Then he became what?
So He MUST be God.
No, he cannot be God because there is only one God who is his father.
God told Moses to tell the Israelites "I AM sent me". Jesus said "if you don't believe I AM you will die in your sins".
So Explain the red highlight to me...
NASB Lexicon
NASB ©HebrewStrong'sOrigin
Godאֱלֹהִים֙
(e·lo·him)
430: God, godpl. of eloah
saidוַיֹּ֤אמֶר
(vai·yo·mer)
559: to utter, saya prim. root
to Moses,מֹשֶׁ֔ה
(mo·sheh,)
4872: a great Isr. leader, prophet and lawgiverfrom mashah
"I AMאֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
(eh·yeh)
1961: to fall out, come to pass, become, bea prim. root
WHOאֲשֶׁ֣ר
(a·sher)
834: who, which, thata prim. pronoun
I AM";אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה
(eh·yeh;)
and He said,וַיֹּ֗אמֶר
(vai·yo·mer)
"Thusכֹּ֤ה
(koh)
3541: thus, herea prim. adverb
you shall sayתֹאמַר֙
(to·mar)
to the sonsלִבְנֵ֣י
(liv·nei)
1121: sona prim. root
of Israel,יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל
(yis·ra·'el,)
3478: "God strives," another name of Jacob and his desc.from sarah and el
I AMאֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
(eh·yeh)
has sentשְׁלָחַ֥נִי
(she·la·cha·ni)
7971: to senda prim. root
me to you.'"
Jesus is God. They knew what He was saying.
No, he isn't God. If he is then he is a liar. He said he is the son of God. Are you saying that Jesus is a liar?
Oh look it's this argument again.

God ALONE is the Savior of the whole world.
He saves the world through Jesus. That is not rocket science
God ALONE is "our great God and Savior"..
No, God sent Jesus to be the saviour. You are denying the passage.

You are funny...God made the world by his son

The Son made the world? Wow, He must be God.

The Bible says God alone made the world.

Isa 44:24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself

Are you calling God a liar?

Denial of Titus 2:13 Jesus is called "our God and Savior". I do not deny your verse at all.

No, he isn't God. If he is then he is a liar. He said he is the son of God. Are you saying that Jesus is a liar?

No, you're calling Him a liar. He called Himself God numerous times in the Bible, you deny them all. Who cares if He also called Himself a Son? He can be whoever He wants to be or call Himself whatever He wants.

babble

Then he became what?

Evasion of John 1:1. The Word was God, the Word was made flesh, the Word created all things, and nothing was made without Him. Jesus is God.

Last edited:
babble

Then he became what?

So Explain the red highlight to me...
NASB Lexicon
NASB ©HebrewStrong'sOrigin
Godאֱלֹהִים֙
(e·lo·him)
430: God, godpl. of eloah
saidוַיֹּ֤אמֶר
(vai·yo·mer)
to Moses,מֹשֶׁ֔ה
(mo·sheh,)
4872: a great Isr. leader, prophet and lawgiverfrom mashah
"I AMאֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
(eh·yeh)
WHOאֲשֶׁ֣ר
(a·sher)
834: who, which, thata prim. pronoun
I AM";אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה
(eh·yeh;)
and He said,וַיֹּ֗אמֶר
(vai·yo·mer)
"Thusכֹּ֤ה
(koh)
3541: thus, herea prim. adverb
you shall sayתֹאמַר֙
(to·mar)
to the sonsלִבְנֵ֣י
(liv·nei)
1121: sona prim. root
of Israel,יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל
(yis·ra·'el,)
3478: "God strives," another name of Jacob and his desc.from sarah and el
I AMאֶֽהְיֶ֖ה
(eh·yeh)
has sentשְׁלָחַ֥נִי
(she·la·cha·ni)
7971: to senda prim. root
me to you.'"

He saves the world through Jesus. That is not rocket science

You are denying Titus 2:13.
Only ONE Savior.

Back