1 Peter 1:9 Outcome of faith

Sethproton

1 Peter 1:9 obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

It seems that Calvinist here would turn this verse around and say that faith is the outcome of your salvation

Theo1689

It seems that Calvinist here would turn this verse around and say that faith is the outcome of your salvation

Wow....
You are so ignorant of what Calvinism teaches that it is absolutely ASTOUNDING!
How many years have you been posting here, Seth?
How many years have you sat under a Calvinist poster?

So tell us the truth... Are you TRULY this ignorant of Calvinism, or are you INTENTIONALLY trying to misrepresent what we believe?

TomFL

It seems all blessings accompanying salvation are preceded by faith

Forgiveness of sin
Justification
Conversion
reception of the spirit
regeneration
eternal life

Sethproton

It seems all blessings accompanying salvation are preceded by faith

Forgiveness of sin
Justification
Conversion
reception of the spirit
regeneration
eternal life
Yes, that is the way many of us read the Bible, though we have had many posts here from Calvinists claiming that faith comes after salvation.

Theo1689

Yes, that is the way many of us read the Bible, though we have had many posts here from Calvinists claiming that faith comes after salvation.

And as usual, this poster is making bogus claims he CANNOT support, in order to try to insult Calvinists.

I guess he's not aware that the Bible teaches "thou shalt not bear false witness".

TomFL

It is Really difficult to establish that position from scripture.

Rather it must come from the systematic

ReverendRV

Faith can't come after Salvation because Justification is Salvation Proper; and Justification is through Faith Alone...

Seth, Calvinists claim "Faith Alone"; that's the first clue that we believe we're Saved through Faith...

ReverendRV

Wow....
You are so ignorant of what Calvinism teaches that it is absolutely ASTOUNDING!
How many years have you been posting here, Seth?
How many years have you sat under a Calvinist poster?

So tell us the truth... Are you TRULY this ignorant of Calvinism, or are you INTENTIONALLY trying to misrepresent what we believe?
When you've been here as long as he has, it's Poisoning the Well; he's obviously intelligent. It doesn't help when TomL tickles his ears, because TomL knows we don't believe like he said. TomL can be pressed by me and admit in this Thread that he KNOWS better than that; and he can be pressed to the point he'd admit we have good reason to believe we're not Saved before Faith...

Last edited:

Sethproton

When you've been here as long as he has, it's Poisoning the Well; he's obviously intelligent. It doesn't help when TomL tickles his ears, because TomL knows we don't believe according to the OP. TomL can be pressed by me and admit in this Thread that he KNOWS better than that; and he can be pressed to the point he'd admit we have good reason to believe we're not Saved before Faith...
what is interesting is the Calvinist who teach salvation before faith, have not responded to the OP, though the Calvinists who do respond act if NO Calvinist has taught the idea that God gives faith after regeneration.

ReverendRV

what is interesting is the Calvinist who teach salvation before faith, have not responded to the OP, though the Calvinists who do respond act if NO Calvinist has taught the idea that God gives faith after regeneration.
No Calvinist ever teaches we're Saved before Faith; only Hyper Calvinists say that. Your OP and TomL's agreement are a Category Mistake and a Strawman Argument...

Last edited:

Sethproton

Faith can't come after Salvation because Justification is Salvation Proper; and Justification is through Faith Alone...

Seth, Calvinists claim "Faith Alone"; that's the first clue that we believe we're Saved through Faith...
You are going to say that no Calvinist here teaches that God regenerates people who have not faith yet, and in regeneration He imparts faith?
You will deny that any Calvinists in these threads teaches this?

Sethproton

No Calvinist ever teaches we're Saved before Faith; only Hyper Calvinists say that. Your OP and TomL's agreement are a Category Mistake...
If you are right, then why is it Calvinist watch hyper-calvinists claim these things silently?
But if someone non-calvinists points it out you guys jump in?
Either it is wrong when hyper calvinists say it, or it is right when I say it.
Which is it? And why do you guys keep silent until someone speaks out?

ReverendRV

You are going to say that no Calvinist here teaches that God regenerates people who have not faith yet, and in regeneration He imparts faith?
You will deny that any Calvinists in these threads teaches this?
Calvinists teach we're Justified in the sight of God through Faith Alone; this was why there was a Protestant Reformation. You are trying to turn the steering wheel away from what you said in your OP; and I won't let you. You said Calvinists say we're Saved before we have Faith; no we don't...

ReverendRV

If you are right, then why is it Calvinist watch hyper-calvinists claim these things silently?
I don't watch them say it and do nothing. If you've paid attention, I've gotten a couple of Posters upset with me for inferring what they believe is Hyper...

ReverendRV

Seth, here's your challenge; when you see a Poster say anything like your OP, call the Poster 'Hyper'. If you really want to prove you're here for the right reason, go after the right group. Doing that might go a long way in showing us 'Old-Forum-Timers' that you really understand what's going on here. If you don't, it will go a long way in showing that you don't care about the truth of mistaken Categories. If you do this, it will hurt but you may enjoy the challenge. Why would I not help you if you tried?

Last edited:

TibiasDad

Seth,

You are assuming that salvation and regeneration are the same thing. Calvinism doesn't say that. Regeneration is the first event, then we can understand the gospel and be given faith to believe, and then, and only then are we saved. This, of course, the the logical order if you assume TULIP.

Non-Cals are really not that much different, we just understand the process a little differently, namely, prevenient grace, rather than irresistible grace; synergism rather than monergism.

Merry Christmas,

Doug

ReverendRV

Seth,

You are assuming that salvation and regeneration are the same thing. Calvinism doesn't say that. Regeneration is the first event, then we can understand the gospel and be given faith to believe, and then, and only then are we saved. This, of course, the the logical order if you assume TULIP.

Non-Cals are really not that much different, we just understand the process a little differently, namely, prevenient grace, rather than irresistible grace; synergism rather than monergism.

Merry Christmas,

Doug
Seth and TomL...

Thanks, Merry Christmas!

Sethproton

Calvinists teach we're Justified in the sight of God through Faith Alone; this was why there was a Protestant Reformation. You are trying to turn the steering wheel away from what you said in your OP; and I won't let you. You said Calvinists say we're Saved before we have Faith; no we don't...
There is no difference in what i started with and what i said later.
If a person is regenerated, they have salvation. Regeneration means born again.
If you say regeneration comes before faith, then you are saying salvation comes before faith.

Sethproton

It is Really difficult to establish that position from scripture.

Rather it must come from the systematic
As you may have seen here, some try to separate regeneration from the new birth, It is the same thing, the two are identical in meaning.
So they play the game of pretending they have not said being born again precedes faith, because what they actually said was that regeneration preceeds faith.
If they had not been shown this over and over you might think they were being straight about it