1) refers to a difference in FORM. Water AS ice is still water.

Yahchristian

1) Is ice... (A) water AND ice (B) water AS ice (C) no difference

2) Was the dove... (A) the Holy Spirit AND a dove (B) the Holy Spirit AS a dove (C) no difference

3) Was the man Christ Jesus... (A) God AND the man Christ Jesus (B) God AS the man Christ Jesus (C) no difference

I answer B to all three questions.
1) refers to a difference in FORM. Water AS ice is still water.
2) A is false. The Holy Spirit AND a dove are two distinct Persons. The Holy Spirit is ONE. B is correct.
3)Question is incorrected stated. Should be " Was Christ Jesus God AND Man"?

TRINITARIANS...

Which of these statements are True and which are False?

1) Water AND ice are TWO forms, whereas water AS ice is ONE form.

2) The Holy Spirit AND the dove are TWO forms, whereas the Holy Spirit AS the dove is ONE form.

3) God AND the man Christ Jesus are TWO forms, whereas God AS the man Christ Jesus is ONE form.

*where “form” is defined as “a particular way in which a thing exists.

I say all three statements are True.

And I believe the “one mediator between God and men” is God AS the man Christ Jesus.

3)Question is incorrected stated. Should be " Was Christ Jesus God AND Man"?
Bodily=In Bodily FORM, i.e. Jesus is God AS Man.

SoTRINITARIANS...

is “God AND Man” one FORM or two?

Is “God AS Man” one FORM or two?

I say “AND” is TWO whereas “AS” is ONE.

And don’t forget the original question ?...

2) The Holy Spirit AND the dove are TWO forms, whereas the Holy Spirit AS the dove is ONE form.

3) God AND the man Christ Jesus are TWO forms, whereas God AS the man Christ Jesus is ONE form.

Too complicated.

So this statement is too complicated for you...

Water AND ice are TWO forms, whereas water AS ice is ONE form.

...to be able to say if it is true or not ?????

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who IS ABLE to answer the questions...

So this statement is too complicated for you...

Water AND ice are TWO forms, whereas water AS ice is ONE form.

...to be able to say if it is true or not ?????

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who IS ABLE to answer the questions...

Another common illustration of the Trinity involves the different states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas). The illustration typically uses water as the example: water exists as a solid (ice), a liquid, and a gas (water vapor). No matter what physical state water is in, it is still water. Its chemical composition remains the same—it is H20, no matter if it’s floating unseen in the atmosphere to create humidity, or floating in chunks in your tea to help relieve the humidity. The problem with this illustration is that liquid water, when it freezes, “switches” from liquid to solid, and, when it boils, it “switches” to vapor. However, God does not “switch” states or modes. Liquid water can become solid or gas, but God the Father never becomes the Son or the Spirit. The idea that God manifests Himself differently at different times and in various contexts (like water manifests itself variously as solid, liquid, or gas) is called modalism, and it is a heresy to be avoided. Continue to article.

Another common illustration of the Trinity involves the different states of matter (solid, liquid, and gas).

I am not asking about a Trinitarian illustration.

I am asking a simple question about water, ice, and form.

Is this statement true or false?

“Water AND ice are TWO forms, whereas water AS ice is ONE form.”

I am not asking about a Trinitarian illustration.

I am asking a simple question about water, ice, and form.

Is this statement true or false?

“Water AND ice are TWO forms, whereas water AS ice is ONE form.”
You are obsessed with form.
God and Man, God As Man=Two NATURES, NOT two forms.

True.....

Thank you for answering about the first statement.

Are you able to answer about the other two statements...

Thank you for answering about the first statement.

Are you able to answer about the other two statements...

The Holy Spirit and a dove, or, the Holy Spirit and a bluejay or, the Holy Spirit and a robin are different forms.

When the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in bodily form like a dove was one particular way in which the Holy Spirit existed, manifested, at that moment. The Holy Spirit as the dove was one particular form seen as one.

During pentecost did the divided tongues of fire that appeared to those gathered together in one place witness the Holy Spirit being presented in another form (particular way)?

We do know that Jesus who existed in the form of God...was incarnated...taking on the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men....that is, appeared in the form of a man.
Would this mean God as the man Christ Jesus could be seen in a different form? Particular way...in one form? Absolutely.

God is one in form, nature, essence....which can be understood as 3 in persons.

I am not sure why you were reluctant to answer True or False in your first response. But we are getting close now.

The Holy Spirit and a dove, or, the Holy Spirit and a bluejay or, the Holy Spirit and a robin are different forms.

When the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus in bodily form like a dove was one particular way in which the Holy Spirit existed, manifested, at that moment. The Holy Spirit as the dove was one particular form seen as one.

You seem to be clearly saying the second statement is True.

But you are a little vague about the third statement...

We do know that Jesus who existed in the form of God...was incarnated...taking on the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men....that is, appeared in the form of a man.
Would this mean God as the man Christ Jesus could be seen in a different form? Particular way...in one form? Absolutely.

You seem to be clearly saying the second half of the statement (“God AS the man Christ Jesus is ONE form”) is True.

But what about the first half of the statement.

Is this True?

“God AND the man Christ Jesus are TWO forms.”

* where “form” is defined as “a particular way in which a thing exists.

I am not sure why you were reluctant to answer True or False in your first response. But we are getting close now.

You seem to be clearly saying the second statement is True.

But you are a little vague about the third statement...

You seem to be clearly saying the second half of the statement (“God AS the man Christ Jesus is ONE form”) is True.

But what about the first half of the statement.

Is this True?

“God AND the man Christ Jesus are TWO forms.”

* where “form” is defined as “a particular way in which a thing exists.
Problem is, your question doesn't have a binary answer. All though I did answer it. You simply failed to see the answer.

Lets put it this way...

There is a difference between the pre-incarnate Jesus, known as the Word, who was God and with God...and the Word after being born (incarnated) in the form of a human. In that sense Jesus the man existed in a second form as one of the persons of the Godhead.

You are obsessed with form.
God and Man, God As Man=Two NATURES, NOT two forms.

Are you aware the Bible uses the word “form” twice as often as it uses the word “nature” ???

Just to clarify your statement above...

I defined “form” as “a particular way in which a thing exists”.

And I would define “nature” as “the basic or inherent features of something”.

What is your definition of “nature” in your statement?

I believe this a form of a pointless question.
One God is... ONE GOD.
Not Three, I don't care if the RCC and hench churches come up with a myriad hypotheticals- which they constantly do to 'prove' something unprovable.

Are you aware the Bible uses the word “form” twice as often as it uses the word “nature” ???

Just to clarify your statement above...

I defined “form” as “a particular way in which a thing exists”.

And I would define “nature” as “the basic or inherent features of something”.

What is your definition of “nature” in your statement?
During His period of humiliation on earth Jesus existed in ONE form: Man
Prior to His incarnation He existed in ONE form: God.
He NOW exists in two forms: God and Man.
And After His incarnation He exists in two NATURES: God And Man, Divine and Human.

Back