1 Timothy 2:4 - the Calvinist interpretation is hopelessly incoherent

All former Calvinists go through a 12 step program . ? Those still in it are in the denial stage . Mormons who come out of their false teachings also go through a similar process . The same with Muslims . EDITED BY MOD--DIVISIVE
Uh oh civic. Vacation forthcoming
???

Exactly, but we have to let them have their false charges or they'd have nothing else to post. ;)

??????

✔️???????? says it does.
Nonesense

We all know that is what your theology requires

world, all men, every men, all must be only the unconditionally elect or your theology
falls apart

whether you want to say it ir not

Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
1 Timothy 2:4–6
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
2 Corinthians 5:14–15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
John 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Exported from Logos Bible Software, 4:06 AM January 6, 2023.

You cannot claim all never means all when discussing the atonement

and that is what his and your theology requires
Sure I can and I do. All does not always mean all. There are many examples in scripture. And as always context decides.

Next

Exactly, but we have to let them have their false charges or they'd have nothing else to post. ;)

??????

✔️???????? says it does.
If you read

Nowhere does it charge you withl saying that

It simply notes

You have a problem with those verses because all, everone and world do not mean the elect

Sure I can and I do. All does not always mean all. There are many examples in scripture. And as always context decides.

Next
The word is not always but never

Your theology requires all, everyone, world never equal all in any atonement passage

The word is not always but never

Your theology requires all, everyone, world never equal all in any atonement passage
All does not always mean all. Scripture is replete with examples. World you like a few?

The reason is simple. That's not possible unless your a universalist.

All does not always mean all. Scripture is replete with examples. World you like a few?

The reason is simple. That's not possible unless your a universalist.
False

Christ could died for all offer to save all that believe

and if all do not believe

all are niot saved

You are begging the question and assuming your view regarding the nature of the atonement

False

Christ could died for all offer to save all that believe

and if all do not believe

all are niot saved

You are begging the question and assuming your view regarding the nature of the atonement
NOWHERE does the Bible say Christ died to make a offer. How insulting. He is not a used car salesman or a bigger. Pick me pick me.

"He WILL save His people from their sins".

Not at all. I can say your view equates to two things if true. Universalism or Christ is a failure and it also calls into question is omniscience and aseity.

NOWHERE does the Bible say Christ died to make a offer. How insulting. He is not a used car salesman or a bigger. Pick me pick me.

Not at all. I can say your view equates to two things if true. Universalism or Christ is a failure and it also calls into question is omniscience and aseity.
They don't mind calling God into question, He is on the witness stand and they are making sure He meets their criteria before they can allow Him to proceed with being God.

"So YOU'RE God? Let me ask, do you think you have the right to make me howsoever You will? And a second, do you think you have the right to override MY free will?"

They THINK they have God on trial.

Properly exegeted texts say it for us.

Hardly

It is knee jerk denial to prompt up your theology

Is the holy spirit not able to communicate intelligently

Christ died list

Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
1 Timothy 2:4–6
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Isaiah 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned every one to his own way; And the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
2 Corinthians 5:14–15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
John 11:51
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Exported from Logos Bible Software, 5:52 AM January 6, 2023.

Read and think before you post

John 3:14–17 (KJV 1900) — 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

here we have a universal extent

God loves the world

God gave his son to the world

that the world may be saved

and a limnited application

those that believe out of the world will be saved

Amen to that. Truly a stain on the church
They merited grace, a complete oxymoron. They met conditions then were elected because of what they did. They were already following God by their free will so for that God saved them. Plus they humbled themselves as well, and for that God saved them as well. Their list will continue to grow.

They'll probably get medals of honor in their good ol' boys club.

The fact of the matter is they preach salvation due to what they've done, and the remarkable thing is, though they teach it plainly, they cannot see it.

Back