10 Reasons why Jesus is God!

Newbirth

If Jesus is God, why was he working for another God and glorifying another God?
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Newbirth

Jesus is God, but the long-haired Metallica dude is not him.
Jesus is not God, God does not have a God.
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus is not God, God does not have a God.
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

How should Jesus address the Father since the Father is God?

Jesus said, "I and the Father are one". Can you also say the same without committing blasphemy?

God said, "Let US create man after OUR image..." Who are the other Creators?

Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM". To whom does this name belong to -- "I AM"?

Newbirth

How should Jesus address the Father since the Father is God?
If the Father is God and Jesus is God that is two Gods sir. Do you have two Gods sir?
Jesus said, "I and the Father are one". Can you also say the same without committing blasphemy?
John 17
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
So why is Jesus praying that we be one in the Father and Himself sir?
Do you believe that God sent another God sir? Do you believe God sent himself sir?
God said, "Let US create man after OUR image..." Who are the other Creators?
The scripture does not say sir.
Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM". To whom does this name belong to -- "I AM"?
That is not a name sir...

Me: God said, "Let US create man after OUR image..." Who are the other Creators?

Bible: Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;"

Jehovah's Witnesses bible NWT: Genesis 1:26 Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness,"

You: The scripture does not say sir.

---

No need to address your other posts because the scriptures say you LIE, lol. If you can lie in one thing, how can you have truth in other things? I can understand that people can misunderstand or misinterpret a difficult verse. That's ok. But, this verse is straight forward and simple. You're just in denial and turn a blind eye because it doesn't agree with what your pastors/ministers teach you.

Dood, don't call me Sir. I cringe. ;'lk;lkwe;welkweg;lsd 😆

Newbirth

Me: God said, "Let US create man after OUR image..." Who are the other Creators?
How many other Creator Gods would that be sir?
Evidently, Jesus was in God, he said that he came out from God. not that he was another creator God. So what other Creators are you talking about sir?
John 8:42
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 16:27
For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
Bible: Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;"
It does not say who God was speaking to sir, If I say to my 3-year-old grandson let us make a kite. What part of the kite is he making sir?
Jehovah's Witnesses bible NWT: Genesis 1:26 Then God said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness,"

You: The scripture does not say sir.
the post is still up sir...this is what I responded to sir...God said, "Let US create man after OUR image..." Who are the other Creators?
I responded to the question... Who are the other Creators? I said the scripture does not say, sir. Does the scripture say anything about other creators sir?
--
No need to address your other posts because the scriptures say you LIE, lol. If you can lie in one thing, how can you have truth in other things?
Where does the scripture say I lied sir?
I can understand that people can misunderstand or misinterpret a difficult verse. That's ok. But, this verse is straight forward and simple.
Yes, the verse is straight forward and simple. It does not say anything about other creators. So I say to my baby grandson let us go make some tea, he doesn't do anything. I make the tea. He is with me while I make the tea.
..You're just in denial and turn a blind eye because it doesn't agree with what your pastors/ministers teach you.
nope, I just posted scripture that shows that Jesus was in God his Father.
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
That is the reason he said "let Us" Show us your scriptural reason for God the father saying "Let Us"
Dood, don't call me Sir. I cringe. ;'lk;lkwe;welkweg;lsd 😆
don't call me a liar.

Can you teach me how to become a good contortionist? Lol

Such a simple short sentence making so many contortions just to fit your false teachings taught by your pastors that Jesus is not God.

"Let US make man after OUR image and after OUR likeness".

Then you go to fantastic tumblings here and there and do a double summersault and do a split or two for your ending performance. Bravo! Lmao! It's the same style of arguement with a Muslim who does not believe that Jesus (Nabi Isa) is God.

No, you're not a liar. Your false teachers are. But, if you perpetuate the lie, does that make you one? Perhaps not if you have done this out of innocent blindness ignorance. Otherwise, you are, grandpa. Congratulations.

I see that this discussion will go nowhere. I've been through hundreds of this type of discussion ad nauseam. Let us save time and quit while it's still at the early stages so we can do something productive.

See you and have a nice day! 😊

A couple of verses before I leave this topic:

Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He (God the Father) says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

Hebrews 1:10 He (God the Father) also says,

“In the beginning, Lord (God the Son), you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Bye!!

Last edited:

Newbirth

Can you teach me how to become a good contortionist? Lol
You are doing great on your own
Such a simple short sentence making so many contortions just to fit your false teachings taught by your pastors that Jesus is not God.
The short sentence does not say "Jesus is God"
"Let US make man after OUR image and after OUR likeness".
That does not say Jesus is God sir
Then you go to fantastic tumblings here and there and do a double summersault and do a split or two for your ending performance. Bravo! Lmao! It's the same style of arguement with a Muslim who does not believe that Jesus (Nabi Isa) is God.
That is not a valid argument against what I posted sir.
No, you're not a liar.
Of course, I am not a liar, but that didn't stop you from posting these words ...."No need to address your other posts because the scriptures say you LIE, lol. If you can lie in one thing, how can you have truth in other things?"
Your false teachers are. But, if you perpetuate the lie, does that make you one? Perhaps not if you have done this out of innocent blindness ignorance. Otherwise, you are, grandpa. Congratulations.
right back at you sir.
I see that this discussion will go nowhere. I've been through hundreds of this type of discussion ad nauseam.
That should tell you something.
Let us save time and quit while it's still at the early stages so we can do something productive.
I have been productive you have called me a liar then retracted your statement.
See you and have a nice day! 😊

A couple of verses before I leave this topic:

Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He (God the Father) says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
In that verse, The Father is YHWH he calls the son Elohim, go do some research into the Hebrew text sir
Hebrews 1:10 He (God the Father) also says,

“In the beginning, Lord (God the Son), you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Bye!!
You are using the scripture out of context sir. Paul was paraphrasing Psalms 102:24-25... Vs 24& 25 Would be the son (Jesus) speaking sir.
24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.

25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
It is fitting that you run away since you are scared I will expose your failure to understand the scripture.

Woody50

If the Father is God and Jesus is God that is two Gods sir. Do you have two Gods sir?
No. I know you have heard about the doctrine of the Trinity. Here's your problem--confirmation bias. You only hear what you want if if agrees with your belief. Now, it may be possible that your belief is correct--but you don't care if it is or isn't. You'll support it to your dying day. Facts be damned, eh?

Questions: have you ever questioned those who teach you? If so, what Standard do you use to check them? If not, what Standard do you use to follow them unquestioningly?

I know you'll defend your "faith" and attack every word I put here. Because you're comfortable. Because you're not comfortable questioning things that make you uncomfortable. I know you. You are the masses who follow false prophets because you want your ears scratched. Chat away, dude. Or look in the mirror and ask one question: "Is Newbirth wrong?"

I know you won't do that. You never have and never will. You're so controllable. All I have to do is make you afraid, upset, or stressed. You won't question, you'll just agree and follow.

That mirror is scary...isn't it?

Newbirth

No. I know you have heard about the doctrine of the Trinity.
Not from the scripture and believe me I looked..
Here's your problem--confirmation bias.
That is your problem sir...
You only hear what you want if if agrees with your belief.
I hear and agree with what the scripture says, sir... There is no mention of a trinity in the scripture sir.
Now, it may be possible that your belief is correct--but you don't care if it is or isn't.
That is your opinion sir.
You'll support it to your dying day. Facts be damned, eh?
I support the scripture sir. No mention of a trinity in the scripture sir.
Questions: have you ever questioned those who teach you?
Yep
If so, what Standard do you use to check them?
The scripture sir
If not, what Standard do you use to follow them unquestioningly?
I follow the scripture sir...there is no mention of a trinity in the scripture sir
I know you'll defend your "faith" and attack every word I put here.
Right back at you sir..
Because you're comfortable.
what is wrong with being comfortable sir?
Because you're not comfortable questioning things that make you uncomfortable.
I am comfortable questioning why the trinity is not mentioned in the scripture sir
I know you. You are the masses who follow false prophets because you want your ears scratched.
Really sir...I don't see many people questioning the Trinity
Chat away, dude. Or look in the mirror and ask one question: "Is Newbirth wrong?"
I ask an even better question, sir, Why is there no mention of a trinity in the scripture.
I know you won't do that.
No need to ask that question, sir, I make no claims about what is not written in the scripture. I speak what is in the scripture...
You never have and never will.
that is because I don't make up stories.
You're so controllable.
Yes I follow Jesus. he has rules for me to follow.
All I have to do is make you afraid, upset, or stressed.
But you can't
You won't question, you'll just agree and follow.
I already have one master sir, I follow Jesus...
Nope I am not scared of the truth.

Woody50

Glad to hear it? Then read the Bible again. Forget about what words we use. Just learn about the relationship between the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Call it the Trinity, the "squished together" God (my 7 year old daughter's words), or that they're all on the same page--and they wrote it together, and never disagreed (my son's words). I don't care. God is not simple, nor is He like us (we are created in HIS image...not the other way around). There is ONE God. Jesus is God. The Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God. You've read the scripture, you've seen the verses. You just say, "NUH UH!!!"

Fine.

I love that you challenge this doctrine. You're not doing so because you want to know, though. You just echo, echo, echo.

Thanks for the chat!

Newbirth

Glad to hear it?
No, you are not
Then read the Bible again.
It says the same thing
Forget about what words we use.
Words have meaning you can't just put words in the scripture will nilly
Just learn about the relationship between the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
The holy spirit is the spirit of God. It is the spirit in Jesus and the spirit in all believers.
Call it the Trinity, the "squished together" God (my 7 year old daughter's words),
The scripture does not say anything about a squished together God. It is not my problem that you think like a 7 year old
or that they're all on the same page
As are they who believe in God...what is your point.
--and they wrote it together, and never disagreed (my son's words).
Who wrote what together? Did your son see them write something?
I don't care.
I know that you don't care.
God is not simple, nor is He like us (we are created in HIS image...not the other way around).
I never said otherwise.
There is ONE God. Jesus is God. The Father is God. The Holy Spirit is God.
Where is that written in the scripture sir? here is what the scripture says....
John 17:
1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
John 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
Galatians 4:4
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
1 John 4:9
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
You've read the scripture, you've seen the verses. You just say, "NUH UH!!!"
The verses do not say that Jesus is God...the verses say God sent his son Jesus
Fine.

I love that you challenge this doctrine.
No, you don't because you are exposing your ignorance
You're not doing so because you want to know, though. You just echo, echo, echo.
I am echoing the scripture you are echoing false doctrine. Show the scripture where Jesus said these words..." I am God"
Thanks for the chat!
You are welcome to learn the truth...

Jewjitzu

No. I know you have heard about the doctrine of the Trinity. Here's your problem--confirmation bias. You only hear what you want if if agrees with your belief. Now, it may be possible that your belief is correct--but you don't care if it is or isn't. You'll support it to your dying day. Facts be damned, eh?

Questions: have you ever questioned those who teach you? If so, what Standard do you use to check them? If not, what Standard do you use to follow them unquestioningly?

I know you'll defend your "faith" and attack every word I put here. Because you're comfortable. Because you're not comfortable questioning things that make you uncomfortable. I know you. You are the masses who follow false prophets because you want your ears scratched. Chat away, dude. Or look in the mirror and ask one question: "Is Newbirth wrong?"

I know you won't do that. You never have and never will. You're so controllable. All I have to do is make you afraid, upset, or stressed. You won't question, you'll just agree and follow.

Confirmation bias works both ways, doesn't it?

I don't see you being open to a contrary opinion. Have you questioned your teachers and standards, or just accepted them without a fight?

Woody50

Confirmation bias works both ways, doesn't it?

I don't see you being open to a contrary opinion. Have you questioned your teachers and standards, or just accepted them without a fight?
Wow. Head on the nail here. You get my point!

Yes, confirmation bias does work both ways.

Does it matter whether I have or have not? I thought you got my point, but now I'm doubting...

Good to meet you, by the way.

Jewjitzu

Wow. Head on the nail here. You get my point!

Yes, confirmation bias does work both ways.

Does it matter whether I have or have not? I thought you got my point, but now I'm doubting...

Good to meet you, by the way.
Nice to meet you.

But are you as hard on yourself? And I quote. "I know you'll defend your "faith" and attack every word I put here. Because you're comfortable. Because you're not comfortable questioning things that make you uncomfortable. I know you. You are the masses who follow false prophets because you want your ears scratched. Chat away, dude. Or look in the mirror and ask one question: "Is Woody50 wrong?"

I just want to make sure.

Woody50

Nice to meet you.

But are you as hard on yourself? And I quote. "I know you'll defend your "faith" and attack every word I put here. Because you're comfortable. Because you're not comfortable questioning things that make you uncomfortable. I know you. You are the masses who follow false prophets because you want your ears scratched. Chat away, dude. Or look in the mirror and ask one question: "Is Woody50 wrong?"

I just want to make sure.
Make sure of what?

I'm happy to tell you about my life. Wasn't really the point of my post, though. In my experience, those who say, "OH YEAH? What about YOU?" just avoid the OP, or the one to which they're responding.

You asked a great question: "Is Woody50 wrong?

Every time I "KNOW" I'm right, God usually shows me how wrong I am. What are you seeing in this instance?

How about you, by the way?

*Eric strokes his beard in thought to mock those who pretend to think*

Again, good to meet you. Please keep the questions up. I appreciate this.

Jewjitzu

Make sure of what?

I'm happy to tell you about my life. Wasn't really the point of my post, though. In my experience, those who say, "OH YEAH? What about YOU?" just avoid the OP, or the one to which they're responding.

You asked a great question: "Is Woody50 wrong?

Every time I "KNOW" I'm right, God usually shows me how wrong I am. What are you seeing in this instance?

How about you, by the way?

*Eric strokes his beard in thought to mock those who pretend to think*

Again, good to meet you. Please keep the questions up. I appreciate this.
No problem. I'm open to learning. I've changed my views many times throughout the years.

I'm stroking my beard too. Look at my avatar;)