15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

Wow a whole.... dozen people.
Meanwhile:

Source and Use of Firearms Involved in Crimes: Survey of Prison Inmates 2016

Source of firearms
Overall, an estimated 287,400 prisoners possessed a
frearm during their offense. Among prisoners who
possessed a gun during their offense, 90% did not
obtain it from a retail source. More than half (56%)
of prisoners who possessed a firearm during their
offense had either stolen it (6%), found it at the scene
of the crime (7%), or obtained it of the street or from
the underground market (43%). Fewer than 1% had
obtained the frearm at a gun show (0.8%).

So, just like I said, most stole it, or bought it from the black market.

Can you carry on a civil conversation with someone you fundamentally disagree with?
I do it all the time but it's nearly impossible here. The poster I wrote that to completely ignored what I wrote just to score political points.

Yes, Gun Ownership Is a God-Given Right​

Texas state Rep. Matt Schaefer established this beyond a doubt in a Twitter thread in the immediate aftermath of the West Texas shooting spree. He said that he wouldn’t use “the evil acts of a handful of people to diminish the God-given rights of my fellow Texans.”

Yes, Gun Ownership Is a God-Given Right​

Texas state Rep. Matt Schaefer established this beyond a doubt in a Twitter thread in the immediate aftermath of the West Texas shooting spree. He said that he wouldn’t use “the evil acts of a handful of people to diminish the God-given rights of my fellow Texans.”
Yes people have a God given right to defend themselves. Does that leave open the possibility that people will abuse that right? Yes. Does that mean we should not have that right? No!

Yes people have a God given right to defend themselves. Does that leave open the possibility that people will abuse that right? Yes. Does that mean we should not have that right? No!
I largely agree. The idea that one needs an assault weapon to defend "yourself" is absurd. The idea that school drop-outs should be allowed them also perverse. One should be required to show sufficient educational attainment to be eligible to own a gun, as morons will only use them for wrong purposes.

I largely agree. The idea that one needs an assault weapon to defend "yourself" is absurd.
1. What is an 'assault weapon'?

2. Why is it absurd that one needs a weapon to defend themselves? Do I need to do what I did with vibise and bring out the examples of home invasions with multiple perpetrators? The examples of people using AR-15s to defend their homes from such invasions? Etc.?

3. Your last statement is a violation of constitutional rights.

I largely agree. The idea that one needs an assault weapon to defend "yourself" is absurd. The idea that school drop-outs should be allowed them also perverse. One should be required to show sufficient educational attainment to be eligible to own a gun, as morons will only use them for wrong purposes.
I think I understand your sentiment but lots of idiots are having sex and no one is making sure they have "sufficient educational attainment" to be able to raise a child. This is the problem with rights they are God given and taking them away is a very serious matter.

Back