15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

The problem with leftists is they actually think their beliefs make things real. Like the whole man thing. If someone with XX chromosomes sincerely believes they are a man then their chromosomes change to XY. If they say Christianity bis nonsense they actually believe that makes it nonsense. It's a very child like view of the world. They are an astronaut if they believe they are. Imagination is a wonderful thing.
Biology is not necessarily limited to what identifiable chromosomes are present. For example, if a person with XY chromosomes has androgen insensitivity syndrome, that person has female characteristics that are visible to the observer, and therefore not imaginary.

Christianity is a belief/opinion that can be accepted or rejected and is based on faith.

Biology is not necessarily limited to what identifiable chromosomes are present. For example, if a person with XY chromosomes has androgen insensitivity syndrome, that person has female characteristics that are visible to the observer, and therefore not imaginary.

Christianity is a belief/opinion that can be accepted or rejected and is based on faith.
What percentage of the population is effected by "androgen insensitivity syndrome"?

A quick review shows people with this syndrome are "genetically" male.

The childhood you describe is locality specific.
No, it's not. I just described my childhood in Kansas and my wife's in a completely different state (as well as that of many of my friends from various places in this nation)
My childhood was entirely gun free. The only person in our neighborhood with a gun was a hunter who offered roasts to neighbors.
Yes, you're the outlier.
A recent article in the NYT presented statistics on household gun ownership by state. In Wyoming it is a whopping 80%, whereas in NJ where I grew up it is 20%, although it was clearly much less than that where I grew up.
So where are the mass shootings in Wyoming?

And note those are present day gun ownership in those places. In addition, gun ownership as a percentage of the population was higher in the 50s and 60s than it is today.
The problem is guns.
Clearly it isn't, as you literally just accidentally debunked that claim above when you compared Wyoming and New Jersey and their gun ownership, yet Wyoming has no related much larger mass shooting stat. You shot your own argument in the foot, so to speak.

Indeed, according to the Gun Violence Research group (an anti-gun group), between 2013 and 2019 Wyoming had a grand total of 1 mass shooting (drug involved) per their definition, that killed 2 and injured 2. Meanwhile according to them, in that same period of time, New Jersey had 66 mass shootings with 49 deaths and over 269 injuries.
There are more gun deaths and injuries in areas with more guns and lax gun laws.
Assertion without evidence on top of correlation =/= causation.
There is no data to support your implication that the problem is mental health.
There is. Here's one of your own liberal buddies talking about mass shootings and mental health. Take their advice:
As for giving a platform for shooters, I notice that the stories on the Texas shooting avoid naming the shooter and I have yet to see a picture of him.
The former is a good change, hopefully it continues. I've seen pics of him on the news, though (many people have suggested he may have been trans based on his appearance, in fact, though he just looks androgynous to me)

Last edited:
Is gun crime worse in New Jersey or in Wyoming? We need to know if your contention is more guns equals more crime
The question is what are the gun death rates in those two states per 100k people:

NJ - ~3
WY - ~23

The numbers come from graphs published in this summary article:

So the scientific data is not enough for a conclusion

The question is what are the gun death rates in those two states per 100k people:

NJ - ~3
WY - ~23

The numbers come from graphs published in this summary article:

No, my question was if more guns means more crime. Which state has more guns per capita and which state has a higher crime rate?

So AGAIN you're saying killing Jews may not be immoral if people think or isn't. Yes it no?
No, I'm not saying that. Can't you read? Killing Jews is wrong, is a statement that only applies if there is someone thinking that is the case. Morality exists only in the mind of the moraliser, just as beauty exists only in the eye of the beholder. Are you related to the Auditors in the Terry Pratchett novels?

No, it's not. I just described my childhood in Kansas and my wife's in a completely different state (as well as that of many of my friends from various places in this nation)

Yes, you're the outlier.

So where are the mass shootings in Wyoming?

And note those are present day gun ownership in those places. In addition, gun ownership as a percentage of the population was higher in the 50s and 60s than it is today.

Clearly it isn't, as you literally just accidentally debunked that claim above when you compared Wyoming and New Jersey and their gun ownership, yet Wyoming has no related much larger mass shooting stat. You shot your own argument in the foot, so to speak.

Indeed, according to the Gun Violence Research group (an anti-gun group), between 2013 and 2019 Wyoming had a grand total of 1 mass shooting (drug involved) per their definition, that killed 2 and injured 2. Meanwhile according to them, in that same period of time, New Jersey had 66 mass shootings with 49 deaths and over 269 injuries.

Assertion without evidence on top of correlation =/= causation.

There is.

The former is a good change, hopefully it continues. I've seen pics of him on the news, though (many people have suggested he may have been trans based on his appearance, in fact, though he just looks androgynous to me)
I have relatives in Kansas, and most of them have guns. It is a different gun culture than the one I am used to.

Well there are more guns in the US now than there were in the 50s and 60s, so I guess that is due to people like you who maintain private arsenals.

While mass murders get most of the media attention, they make up a small percentage of gun deaths. And gun deaths in WY are about 7X higher than in NJ, as I pointed out in another post with a link.

I just saw an article about crazy conspiracy theories about the Texas massacre. A big one is that it was a false flag operation involving crisis actors, much like Alex Jones has been claiming about Sandy Hook. The other one is that the Texas shooter is transgender, which serves to combine two of the things conservatives hate most - gun control and transgenders, and is also completely false. So it seems you are getting your news from RW conspiracy sites these days?

No, my question was if more guns means more crime. Which state has more guns per capita and which state has a higher crime rate?
Well, you can look that up. "Crime" covers a lot of territory including rape and robbery, etc.
The issue facing the country right now is our ridiculously high gun death rate.

I have relatives in Kansas, and most of them have guns. It is a different gun culture than the one I am used to.

Well there are more guns in the US now than there were in the 50s and 60s, so I guess that is due to people like you who maintain private arsenals.

While mass murders get most of the media attention, they make up a small percentage of gun deaths. And gun deaths in WY are about 7X higher than in NJ, as I pointed out in another post with a link.

I just saw an article about crazy conspiracy theories about the Texas massacre. A big one is that it was a false flag operation involving crisis actors, much like Alex Jones has been claiming about Sandy Hook. The other one is that the Texas shooter is transgender, which serves to combine two of the things conservatives hate most - gun control and transgenders, and is also completely false. So it seems you are getting your news from RW conspiracy sites these days?
And you could not find where the name of the shooter was released, so I question your comprehensive knowledge of the story.

No, I'm not saying that. Can't you read? Killing Jews is wrong, is a statement that only applies if there is someone thinking that is the case. Morality exists only in the mind of the moraliser, just as beauty exists only in the eye of the beholder. Are you related to the Auditors in the Terry Pratchett novels?
"An act is not moral or immoral in and of itself. It is what people think about it that makes it moral or immoral in their minds"

I am genuinely trying to understand your point of view so I beg your patience. You wrote the about statement did you not? So from that statement it seems you are staying no act is inherently moral or immoral it's only one or the other in people minds. Is that accurate?

Well, you can look that up. "Crime" covers a lot of territory including rape and robbery, etc.
And you people can't wait to see the rate increase can you?

So murder by any other method does not really concern you.

Wyoming, I am betting, is a much safer place to live than New Jersey. Maybe the correlation is because 80% of the people own guns.

Back