1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

You dont know how sins are cleansed, what man has to do? That question is not answered in the three verses you narrow it down to, nor does it have to be. If we are letting the scripture answer the scripture, what did Jesus say cleanses us?
What is man's part in the text? Ezekiel 36: 25-27

You dont know how sins are cleansed, what man has to do?

You're ASSUMING "man has to do" something.
According to Ezekiel, it's all God.

That question is not answered in the three verses you narrow it down to, nor does it have to be. If we are letting the scripture answer the scripture, what did Jesus say cleanses us?

Okay, we can go to the NT if you like...

2Pet. 1:9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

"he was cleansed".
PASSIVE voice.
Something done TO us.
God cleansed us.

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Christ's blood cleanses us.
It's done TO us.
By God.

You're ASSUMING "man has to do" something.
According to Ezekiel, it's all God.

Okay, we can go to the NT if you like...

2Pet. 1:9 For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

"he was cleansed".
PASSIVE voice.
Something done TO us.
God cleansed us.

1John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Christ's blood cleanses us.
It's done TO us.
By God.
Nice. And what do we need to do to be cleansed of sin, by his blood?

If I am a genuine believer, of course. What about you? Are you a rogue believer??
If? Are you or not? Why the subtle doubt? If your belief is “genuine”, does that mean verses 24 and 28 apply to you as well? When you believed, we’re you brought into your own land, the land of your fathers?

And I thought you said Ez 36 doesn’t mention faith? You told me that last week. I will try to find the post.

If? Are you or not? Why the subtle doubt? If your belief is “genuine”, does that mean verses 24 and 28 apply to you as well? When you believed, we’re you brought into your own land, the land of your fathers?

And I thought you said Ez 36 doesn’t mention faith? You told me that last week. I will try to find the post.
If I persevere to thee end then absolutely.

It doesn't mention faith. It does not have to if one thinks with reason and logic. Faith /belief are commanded of God. So of it says the Spirit is given and God CAUSES one to obey His commands and decrees what does that mean to someone without a theological are to grind?

That's not what it says is it? Where is "faith in His blood" in Ezekiel 36:25-27?? Dodger
Rather it is you who is the dodger

we have already seen, and you agreed this promise is fulfilled in the new covenant which requires one enter into through faith

The object of faith however concerns the life, death and resurrection of Christ

Maybe. Compelled is not force.
So you say

com·pel
[kəmˈpel]

VERB
  1. force or oblige (someone) to do something:
    "a sense of duty compelled Harry to answer her questions"
    synonyms:
    force · coerce into · pressurize into · pressure · impel · drive · press · push · urge · prevail on · dragoon into · browbeat into · bully into · bludgeon into·
    [more]
    • bring about (something) by the use of force or pressure:
      "they may compel a witness's attendance at court by issue of a summons"

Rather it is you who is the dodger

we have already seen, and you agreed this promise is fulfilled in the new covenant which requires one enter into through faith

The object of faith however concerns the life, death and resurrection of Christ
God's promise is not dependent on the will of man. And your point is mute if faith is a gift of God which it is. Fail

Back