1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

Ok, so in a sense he forces the servants to go invite people, but he personally does not force the invited to come

He didn't tell his servants to "invite" people.
When they "invited" people, NONE of them came.
He told them to COMPEL them to come:

Luke 14:23 Then the master said to the slave, ‘Go out into the roads and lanes, and compel people to come in, so that my house may be filled.

Luke 14:23 Then the master said to the slave, ‘Go out into the roads and lanes, and compel people to come in, so that my house may be filled.
Frustrating, no??

yes. but that does not change what i first told you about the passage. The character who symbolizes God did not Himself force anyone to come in. He told His servants to compel them.
There is a difference between God compelling you and His servants compelling you

And those people were indiscriminate - non elect

of course if they did not put on the wedding garment they were removed

many are called few are chosen

No, 1 Pet. 3:15 commands a person to answer questions about the GOSPEL.
Do you truly claim you are ignorant of the GOSPEL?
Are you claiming that you aren't saved?
Can you please define what the gospel means according to the N.T. writers. Thanks !

Can you please define what the gospel means according to the N.T. writers. Thanks !
Of course it must include the phrase Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures

1 Corinthians 15:1–3 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

This was preached ti the then unconverted Corinthians

According to Paul

1 Corinthians 15:11 (KJV 1900) — 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
that is what the apostles preached

It means that when one denies himself obeyed God, and puts on the Christ to walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following, same mind of God as Jesus had of God, perfect even as you're Father in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48.

That is the gospel of Christ. Not very many knows what His gospel is, they make their own gospels just as Paul did with his own opinions instead of obeying the Father as Jesus and receive from Him that what Jesus received form Him in Matt 3:16 where God opens up all of who He is and His heaven in you as He did in Jesus.

fltom said:
And those people were indiscriminate - non elect
Theo
Where does Scripture teach that?

Scripture

Luke 14:23 (KJV 1900) — 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

fltom said:
of course if they did not put on the wedding garment they were removed
Theo
That would be the non-elect.

Those whom did not put on the wedding garment

fltom said:
many are called few are chosen
Theo
Correct.
The "chosen" were the "elect".
That's what the word MEANS.

You really stepped in it that time, didn't you?

Only in your mind

the chosen had put on the wedding garments

Your knee jerk reaction to the word elect assumed the idea of unconditionality

Of course it must include the phrase Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures

1 Corinthians 15:1–3 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

This was preached ti the then unconverted Corinthians

According to Paul

1 Corinthians 15:11 (KJV 1900) — 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
that is what the apostles preached
THe above bold in blue is not at all what thosse verses say?
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved

THe above bold in blue is not at all what thosse verses say?
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved
???????

That was Paul's message to the unconverted at that time Corinthians

Back