1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

Where does it say that some were "compelled", but did NOT put on a wedding garment?
The one who came without the garment WASN'T one of the ones "compelled".
You simply make up garbage as you go along.
You provided no evidence of that claim

calling my comments garbage is not evidence of your claim

It's funny how you reject out of hand anything without exegesis

but you want others to believe your claims when you provide neither exegesis or argument

All who are drawn come and are raised on the last day. Sou ds like it to me.

Notice it does not say SOME I will raise on the last day.
All who come have been drawn, all who come are raised on the last day. It does not say that all who are drawn necessarily come!
“No one can come unless they are drawn” cannot be made to say that all drawn do come.

Doug

All who come have been drawn, all who come are raised on the last day. It does not say that all who are drawn necessarily come!
“No one can come unless they are drawn” cannot be made to say that all drawn do come.

Doug
It does not say some drawn do not come. Those drawn are raised on the last day. Somehow God's drawing fails at its intended purpose.

Where does it say that some were "compelled", but did NOT put on a wedding garment?
The one who came without the garment WASN'T one of the ones "compelled".
You simply make up garbage as you go along.
Matt 22:8“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

13“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

The clear implication is that the man without the wedding clothes was a part of " all the people they (the servants) could find". There is certainly no textual reason to deduce that he wasn't invited, for how did he know about the wedding unless the servants had told him about it?

Doug

Doug
Correct

Drawing means they can come

John 6:44 (ESV) — 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

It does not say some drawn do not come. Those drawn are raised on the last day. Somehow God's drawing fails at its intended purpose.
It doesn't say that all drawn actually come either. That's my point! We cannot make an argument about irresistibility one way or the other. It just posits that to come, you must first be drawn, and that those who come will be raised on the last day! There is nothing said about whether drawing always means they come!

Doug

Correct

Drawing means they can come

John 6:44 (ESV) — 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
It does not say they can come. It says those drawn will be raised on the last day. Not some.

Last edited:
It doesn't say that all drawn actually come either. That's my point! We cannot make an argument about irresistibility one way or the other. It just posits that to come, you must first be drawn, and that those who come will be raised on the last day! There is nothing said about whether drawing always they come.

Doug
It is clearly inferred. Those drawn are raised on the last day. Not some will be raised on the last day.

It does not say the can come. It says those drawn will be raised on the last day. Not some.
read the verse not your theology

read the verse not your theology

And those drawn will be raised on the last day.
Nothing about some being drawn not coming.

Read the verse, not your theology

God's promise is not dependent on the will of man. And your point is mute if faith is a gift of God which it is. Fail
faith as a gift means what we have in Romans 1 and Hebrews 11, the ability to know God exists and to hear Him. THis is not saving faith. God does not give saving faith because when used in that sense it means "to entrust yourself to" God cannot give you that as it is an action you must take.

No those who come are raised, not those who are drawn. To come = being drawn. To be raised = being drawn and coming. It says nada about whether those drawn actually come.

Doug
It does not say that Doug. It says no one came come to me unless drawn by yhe father and I will raise them up on the last day.

It's safe to assume they come because they are raised on the last day like it says.

faith as a gift means what we have in Romans 1 and Hebrews 11, the ability to know God exists and to hear Him. THis is not saving faith. God does not give saving faith because when used in that sense it means "to entrust yourself to" God cannot give you that as it is an action you must take.
exactly

One cannot give to another what the another himself must do

No those who come are raised, not those who are drawn. To come = being drawn. To be raised = being drawn and coming. It says nada about whether those drawn actually come.

Doug
I think I am in agreement with your concept, but I would not equate coming to drawing. The drawing is figurative and means attracting, the coming is our response after being attracted.
So yes. not all that are drawn, come and are raised on the last day
But, all who come are raised

Care to show where i stated any such thing?

I was speaking of compel

it speaks of force as per the definition

Drag can be understood as concerning force

draw may or may not speak of force depending on context
in that situation draw does have a "Sense" of force, but not an irresitible force the calvinist adhere to.
When you see a beautiful, attractive woman. there is a certain force at work to draw you. But it is your choice to resit or not

Back