1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

Well, here's some advice...
Don't assume I'm ignorant simply because I disagree with your false teachings.

No, actually, I'm not.
God doesn't merely "figuratively" draw us.
That's simply your way of denying Scripture.
God LITERALLY draws us.
It simply isn't done "physically".
He does it Spiritually, by regenerating us, giving us a new heart of flesh, and giving us faith.

What is your evidence for this bogus and bankrupt claim?

No, we aren't.
There's nothing in the text that suggests that God's drawing of us is merely "figurative".
That is simply your unsubstantiated ASSUMPTION.

And "attraction" is 100% efficacious, just like "drawing" is.
what evidence do I have that the word in question is being used figuratively?
The literal use of the word means to physically drag. No one believes that God physically drags us to Him. There is no physical place on earth for God to drag us to. Therefore it is the figurative use of the word meaning to attract or inwardly compel.
Literal is physical. This is not physical

what evidence do I have that the word in question is being used figuratively?
The literal use of the word means to physically drag.

You are simply wrong.
The word can mean "draw" or "drag".
I've spent considerable time studying this.

No one believes that God physically drags us to Him.

Correct.
Nobody claims that.
This is a straw-man.

There is no physical place on earth for God to drag us to. Therefore it is the figurative use of the word meaning to attract or inwardly compel.

That's not what "figurative" means.
But you admit that it means "attract", which is 100% efficacious.
You admit it means "compel", which is 100% efficacious.

Literal is physical.

Wrong again.

This is not physical

Irrelevant.
"literal" does NOT mean "physical".

You've offered ZERO evidence for your bogus claims.
Apparently non-Calvinists don't understand the difference between "evidence" and "baseless opinion".

You are simply wrong.
The word can mean "draw" or "drag".
I've spent considerable time studying this.

Correct.
Nobody claims that.
This is a straw-man.

That's not what "figurative" means.
But you admit that it means "attract", which is 100% efficacious.
You admit it means "compel", which is 100% efficacious.

Wrong again.

Irrelevant.
"literal" does NOT mean "physical".

You've offered ZERO evidence for your bogus claims.
Apparently non-Calvinists don't understand the difference between "evidence" and "baseless opinion".
What evidence could I offer you?Anything that speaks of a physical object being moved thru space is a literal use of drag, You can not obtain that info from scripture, it only comes thru undersatnding the language itsself plus knowing the difference between literal and figurative.
Being drawn to God is a metaphoric use of the word drag. yes it actually happens, it is real, but it is not literal physical force

I likewise enjoy the irony around his choice of analogies.

And I'm sure you already know this, but what they constantly do is this...

They'll look at John 3:16 and see, "whoever believes in him", and then ASSUME that men naturally have "ability" to believe, even though it's never taught.

They'll look at John 6:44, which ONLY describes the actions of God, and then ASSUME that man has the "ability" not only "to come" of their own accord, but also to choose "not to come", despite the drawing of God.

They ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS assume and project "natural ability and will" onto EVERY Scripture, to preserve their false teaching of "free will".
Yes; they always look at Scripture through the glasses of assumed "free" will.

Repeating a false statement over and over again doesn't make it magically "true".

100% agreement.
Thanks for asking.
So then you do agree with Saint Peter when he states in Acts 2:38 that repentance precedes the gift of the Holy Spirit. That contradicts your fellow Reformer Reformedguy who said, "I repented of my former ways because I was regenerated" and falls in line with Arminianism/Methodism. Excellent!

So then you do agree with Saint Peter when he states in Acts 2:38

This is so insulting.
We agree with ALL Scripture.

If we disagree with you about something, it's not because we disagree with Scripture, but we disagree with your INTERPRETATION of Scripture.

that repentance precedes the gift of the Holy Spirit. That contradicts your fellow Reformer Reformedguy who said, "I repented of my former ways because I was regenerated" and falls in line with Arminianism/Methodism. Excellent!

No, there is no contradiction.
So please do not be so RUDE as to falsely and self-servingly ASSUME that I allegedly "agree" with you or "disagree" with other Reformed Christians. I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself, and unlike you, I don't MISREPRESENT me.

Being regenerated by the Holy Spirit does NOT require the Holy Spirit to be "given" to you.

THAT is the word you used.

Like I said, I used several words in the post, but they were all directed toward a subject.
That subject was not ignorance. That word was used in explanation of the topic

focus on 1 word and the completeness and spirit of meaning of God will - pass us by... and one will be stuck with a word, a thought...

a theology (incomplete and of human thinking / deciding -- not of or completely of - the Spirit / the Truth / and God).

focus on 1 word and the completeness and spirit of meaning of God will - pass us by... and one will be stuck with a word, a thought...

a theology (incomplete and of human thinking -- not of or completely of - the Spirit / Truth / and God).
In fairness we can all get caught up in making a supporting detail the supposed main point.

In fairness we can all get caught up in making a supporting detail the supposed main point.

these thoughts just come to mind and then I write them down. maybe that is the Spirit? but, yeah, I guess you are right also.

if all the the things that Jesus did were written down... something about the whole world or books... could not ...

these thoughts just come to mind and then I write them down. maybe that is the Spirit? but, yeah, I guess you are right also.

if all the the things that Jesus did were written down... something about the whole world or books... could not ...
Yes, he also had more to tell us that they were not yet ready for

This is so insulting.
We agree with ALL Scripture.

If we disagree with you about something, it's not because we disagree with Scripture, but we disagree with your INTERPRETATION of Scripture.

No, there is no contradiction.
So please do not be so RUDE as to falsely and self-servingly ASSUME that I allegedly "agree" with you or "disagree" with other Reformed Christians. I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself, and unlike you, I don't MISREPRESENT me.
You failed to explain how my interpretation of Acts 2:38 is wrong in your view.
Being regenerated by the Holy Spirit does NOT require the Holy Spirit to be "given" to you.
Explain yourself. What does regeneration mean to you?

You failed to explain how my interpretation of Acts 2:38 is wrong in your view.

I wasn't aware that I "owed" you anything.
And based on how much you eagerly misrepresent me, unapologetically, I'm not sure why you would think I would want to waste my time.

Explain yourself. What does regeneration mean to you?

Why should I waste my time, when you clearly aren't interested in accepting correction?

I never said that you "owed" me. I never even used the word "owed", you did. Talk about being misrepresented.

I'm always willing to accept Biblical correction. So far you have failed to offer any.
When someone claims they are going to correct others about their interpretation of scripture, it sometimes turns out to be a bad sign of someone who is closed minded and proud aboud what they think they know. I think it is next to impossible to have any reasonable chat when you come across a poster like that

When someone claims they are going to correct others about their interpretation of scripture, it sometimes turns out to be a bad sign of someone who is closed minded and proud aboud what they think they know. I think it is next to impossible to have any reasonable chat when you come across a poster like that

... which is why I see no point in "discussion" with either you or "Synergy", since you are describing both of you.

Back