1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

That’s simple the questions expose the error of their doctrines . Well done 👍
Just a suggestion. You seem to agree with other posters whenever it suits you. You then proceed to use 'calvie talk' which is a personal affront to people who don't believe as you do. After looking at pages and pages of your posts, you never offer anything that shows you have actually thought this over, engaged in any of the actual doctrines of grace.

Obviously you can post in the matter you prefer. However a Christian conducts him or herself in a forthright manner.

Titus 3:9English Standard Version (ESV)

9 But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

1 Peter 3:15English 15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you, yet dot with gentleness and respect.

29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29English Standard Version (ESV)

2 Timothy 2:14English Standard Version (ESV)

14 Remind them of these things, and charge them before God[a] not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.

James 1:26
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless.

Now me, I fail every day and need to be mindful of these very same scriptures.

Consider that unbelievers come to these forums and read these posts. Do you really want to be seen as a Christian who engages in these behaviors? My baby sister comes by every now and then, and she had her Pastor read these forums. He said this is why people reject Christianity. Christians do this to each other and the gospel in order to 'win' some kind argument. The cause of Christ will prevail but some arguments leave behind a trail that might well cause others to stumble.

Who said anything about grammar?

Another fishing expedition?
Then what were you suggsting specifically about his understanding of the verse?
Your comment about understanding thru the Spirit is a true thought, but in the context it cam across as a correction to the poster who was presenting the truth in a verse.

Life is not availaible to everyone, since not all are able to "entrust themselves to Christ".
You are projecting your theology onto the text.
Eisegesis.
Jesus said "Come to me ALL of you who labor and are heavily burdened, I will give you rest." Jesus is that sabbath rest, that new life, and here He offers Himself to ALL.

Back