2 Corinthians 5:21 - become the righteousness of God

And can anyone keep the Law perfectly, this side of heaven? Remember, we are by nature "children of wrath."

So, how do we keep the Law perfectly now? Remember, James says if we break one law, we are guilty of ALL of it.
I just quoted you some verses from scripture that shows us how:

Romans 8:2-4, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

Under the NC God is putting his laws in our minds and writing them in our hearts. God is making it possible for us to keep the law if we walk according to the Spirit and not the flesh.

Scripture never says that his perfect keeping of the Law then becomes our own. That doctrine is a false doctrine.
No, it isn't. Jesus is righteous and His righteous, perfect keeping of the Law is then transferred to us by grace through faith in Him. His perfect keeping of the Law, HIS righteousness covers us, making us clean in God's eyes. For we have NO righteousness of our own to boast about. For we are incapable of keeping God's laws perfectly, since we are by nature, "children of wrath."

I just quoted you some verses from scripture that shows us how:

Romans 8:2-4, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

And just how do we "walk according to the Spirit"? Can we do so on our own, under our own power?
Under the NC God is putting his laws in our minds and writing them in our hearts. God is making it possible for us to keep the law if we walk according to the Spirit and not the flesh.
And how do we walk "according to the Spirit"? On our own power? Remember, we are by nature, "children of wrath."

There is only one way to walk "according to the Spirit." Do you know what that way is?

Paul tells us:

Romans 2:13, "For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but the doers of the law who will be justified."
What else does Paul write?

5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.”[a] 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’”[c] (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”[d] that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

So, can anyone keep God's laws perfectly this side of heaven? On their own?

No, it isn't. Jesus is righteous and His righteous, perfect keeping of the Law is then transferred to us by grace through faith in Him. His perfect keeping of the Law, HIS righteousness covers us, making us clean in God's eyes. For we have NO righteousness of our own to boast about.

That doctrine would be great if it were true.

For we are incapable of keeping God's laws perfectly, since we are by nature, "children of wrath."

Paul brings that up in Romans 7. That is why he said, "For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self, but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

God's grace is greater.

And just how do we "walk according to the Spirit"? Can we do so on our own, under our own power?

And how do we walk "according to the Spirit"? On our own power? Remember, we are by nature, "children of wrath."

There is only one way to walk "according to the Spirit." Do you know what that way is?
God's grace.

Paul says, "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me has not been in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them—though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me."

What else does Paul write?

So, can anyone keep God's laws perfectly this side of heaven? On their own?
On their own? No. With God's grace - yes it is possible.

II Corinthians 4:7, "But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us."

Those are great verses. Here are some more:

follow the point
Will any one be declared righteous by God by keeping the Law?

follow the point
Will any one be declared righteous by God by keeping the Law?
If you are talking about the OC law the answer is no. We are not under to OC law.

Ephesians 2:15, "He has abolished the law with its commandments and ordinances, so that he might create in himself one new humanity in place of the two, thus making peace,"

8 billion people on earth: can you give one example?
I don't know everyone. It is a process as scripture tells us:

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, in order to make her holy by cleansing her with the washing of water by the word, so as to present the church to himself in splendor, without a spot or wrinkle or anything of the kind—yes, so that she may be holy and without blemish."

allow me to help you
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Paul is talking about the OC law. We are not under the OC law. Under the OC God wrote the law was written on tablets of stone and didn't work because of the weakness of the flesh. Under the NC, however, God is writing putting his law in our minds and writing them on our hearts causing us to walk in his statutes and observe his ordinances. God love is that we keep his commandments and under the NC he makes it possible.

Paul is talking about the OC law. We are not under the OC law. Under the OC God wrote the law was written on tablets of stone and didn't work because of the weakness of the flesh. Under the NC, however, God is writing putting his law in our minds and writing them on our hearts causing us to walk in his statutes and observe his ordinances. God love is that we keep his commandments and under the NC he makes it possible.
and you can't give one example of anyone who has done this?

and you can't give one example of anyone who has done this?
The OC law didn't work as Paul tells us in Romans 7.

Romans 7:14-18, "For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. But in fact it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it."

The OC law didn't work as Paul tells us in Romans 7.

Romans 7:14-18, "For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. But in fact it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it

what is your point?
is it that no one can keep the commandments in thought and deed (by commision or omission)?

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Last edited:
what is your point?
is it that no one can keep the commandments in thought and deed (by commision or omission)?

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Romans 7:24-8:9 "Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh I am a slave to the law of sin.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For this reason the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law—indeed it cannot, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Yes God's "immeasurable" great power" is at work in us who believe - which enables us with the ability to keep his NC law. God's grace is greater that all of our sins.

Back