4 Reasons Romans 7 is a Pre- Christian Experience

The Law of Moses was more than the Ten Commandments. It was comprised of moral, civil, and ceremonial laws. Sure, the intents and purposes of the Law are fulfilled in Christ, but Paul had to battle against the Judaisers trying to impose the requirements of the Law of Moses on Christians saved by grace, many of them Gentiles who had never been under obligation to Mosaic Law, in congregations such as the foolish, gullible Galatian ones.
Yes, I agree with you. But everyone is under the curse of the Law, without exception. This is why Christ had to become a curse for us. And through the Law comes knowledge of sin, correct?

Your thoughts on these passages:

Romans 2:14For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Yes, I agree with you. But everyone is under the curse of the Law, without exception. This is why Christ had to become a curse for us. And through the Law comes knowledge of sin, correct?

Your thoughts on these passages:

Romans 2:14For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
There were devout, God-fearing Gentiles before the advent of Christianity.

Act 10:1-2 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, (2) a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.

Act 10:34-35 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. (35) But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Act 13:16
Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:

Consider Noah, after walking with God for hundreds of years, sinned. Read Genesis 9
Or David, is another one.
But Christian’s can still say they don’t sin?

These OT saints experienced God in many great ways. Experienced the sweetness of God’s love, grace and communion with Him. Who were more equipped (so to say) to oppose sin or who was more obligated to do so. But yet they sinned
I recall but one person who affirmed that

Do you know of others here?

There were devout, God-fearing Gentiles before the advent of Christianity.

Act 10:1-2 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, (2) a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always.

Act 10:34-35 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. (35) But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Act 13:16
Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:
"No on can come except..." Jn 6:44

Also, Christianity and Cornelius were at the same time.

Jesus is speaking, not John.

"Everyone."
I was speaking of the book

and you think

John 8:34 (KJV)
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Paul was the servant of sin

In other words a slave

remember you had denied this previously

I was speaking of the book

and you think

John 8:34 (KJV)
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Paul was the servant of sin

In other words a slave
Why not? That's what Paul says in Rom 7

In Rom 6 he says you are the slave of the one you obey, sin, or righteousness. We know Christians sin 1 Jn 1:8. It fits.

remember you had denied this previously
I once denied Christ. What's your point?

Why not? That's what Paul says in Rom 7

In Rom 6 he says you are the slave of the one you obey, sin, or righteousness. We know Christians sin 1 Jn 1:8. It fits.

I once denied Christ. What's your point?
Yesterday you denied a Christian could be a slave to sin

now one day later you say the opposite

That makes you rather inconsdistent

Yes changing direction like the wind . Tossed to and fro.

Ephesians 4:14
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

1 Corinthians 3:1
Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly--as infants in Christ.
Needs of the moment theology

See above just shows you are in fact inconsistent

Your view cannot be trusted day to day

Paul in Rom 6 shows you are in error
In the past, you changed a position. You are inconsistent and your view can't be trusted.

Hope that helps ... ?

Yes changing direction like the wind . Tossed to and fro.

Ephesians 4:14
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

1 Corinthians 3:1
Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual, but as worldly--as infants in Christ.
@Johnnybgood, in your OP about why you can't be a Calvinist, you assert you changed direction; therefore your sentiments above apply to you, and everyone. ?

I Hope that helps, silly guy... ?

Back