7th day queastion

Simpletruther

When challenged about the actual 7th day of every week traced all the way back to creation, how do SDA justify their belief that our actual Saturday is the 7th day.

Perhaps there was a miscounting somewhere along the way.

Are their Scriptures used to counter this concern?

JonHawk

When challenged about the actual 7th day of every week traced all the way back to creation, how do SDA justify their belief that our actual Saturday is the 7th day.

"The Scripture says, "He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered." "The things that are made," declare "the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world," "even His everlasting power and divinity." Gen. 2:3; Ps. 111:4; Rom. 1:20, R. V.​
All things were created by the Son of God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. . . . All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:1-3. And since the Sabbath is a memorial of the work of creation, it is a token of the love and power of Christ.​
Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. ... "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matt. 5:18; Isa. 66:23. . . .​
"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."...For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3. Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the head of the church, and that by His power we are reconciled to God.​
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28.​
The Desire of Ages, pp. 281-289.​

Simpletruther

"The Scripture says, "He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered." "The things that are made," declare "the invisible things of Him since the creation of the world," "even His everlasting power and divinity." Gen. 2:3; Ps. 111:4; Rom. 1:20, R. V.​
All things were created by the Son of God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God. . . . All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:1-3. And since the Sabbath is a memorial of the work of creation, it is a token of the love and power of Christ.​
Christ declares, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in nowise pass from the law." So long as the heavens and the earth endure, the Sabbath will continue as a sign of the Creator's power. ... "From one Sabbath to another" the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall go up "to worship before Me, saith the Lord." Matt. 5:18; Isa. 66:23. . . .​
"Wherefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath."...For "all things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made." John 1:3. Since He made all things, He made the Sabbath. By Him it was set apart as a memorial of the work of creation. It points to Him as both the Creator and the Sanctifier. It declares that He who created all things in heaven and in earth, and by whom all things hold together, is the head of the church, and that by His power we are reconciled to God.​
"Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28.​
That doesn't address my question.

CharismaticLady

I also wonder if the sabbath is evening to evening, or midnight to midnight.
That would depend on what decade you lived in. When I was young over 60 years ago, it was always sunset to sunset. Now I find there is a more modern doctrine of midnight to midnight - that is a western mindset (USA, UK, Europe). The Middle Eastern mindset is still sunset to sunset.

CharismaticLady

Don't knock it. They are living up to the light they have, so it is between them and God, and sometimes faith has little to do with actual hidden fact. God looks at the conscience, not fact. They are accepted by God, why not you?

The real question is why can't anyone see that the keeping of the 7th day was the LETTER of the law? The SPIRIT of the same law is abiding in Jesus and He in us. 1 John 3:23-24, something that wasn't available to them in the Old Covenant. But it is what the New Covenant is all about.

Fred

God's 7th day was not Adam's 7th day.

JonHawk

Simpletruther said:

That doesn't address my question.
And how does your question nullify that the reality of salvation is found in Christ?

"Without the the Spirit of Christ men will not be able to [stand]..." Christ's Object Lesson p. 411​
"The inheritance and the promised covenant, the sure mercies in Christ, were not fulfilled and enjoyed under the dispensation of the law, ...​
It is the heirs of promise, Jews and Gentiles, who constitute the true Israel of God. To “Abraham and his seed, which is Christ”—and all those who are “Christ’s”—of whom the apostle affirms “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:16-29. EGW, ARSH p. 56, 1864​

Last edited:

Beloved Daughter

Don't knock it. They are living up to the light they have, so it is between them and God, and sometimes faith has little to do with actual hidden fact. God looks at the conscience, not fact. They are accepted by God, why not you?

The real question is why can't anyone see that the keeping of the 7th day was the LETTER of the law? The SPIRIT of the same law is abiding in Jesus and He in us. 1 John 3:23-24, something that wasn't available to them in the Old Covenant. But it is what the New Covenant is all about.
What difference does any of this make? You don't believe the Bible is correct.

JonHawk

Don't knock it. They are living up to the light they have, so it is between them and God, and sometimes faith has little to do with actual hidden fact.
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Heb 11:6
God looks at the conscience, not fact.
God, who knows the ·thoughts of everyone [ heart], ·accepted [approved them[ He testified to] them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. Acts 15:8
They are accepted by God, why not you?
They were accepted by faith: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Prov 3:5
The real question is why can't anyone see that the keeping of the 7th day was the LETTER of the law?
Not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor 3:6
The SPIRIT of the same law is abiding in Jesus and He in us. 1 John 3:23-24,
Life Through the Spirit
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8:1-2
something that wasn't available to them in the Old Covenant. But it is what the New Covenant is all about.
For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Cor 3:14-17

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Prologue:
I hope you can see where this is going, as well !!!
AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

You first need to prove Jesus sinned in sabbath keeping. Or admit Jesus kept sabbath spiritually faithfully ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Simpletruther

Prologue:
I hope you can see where this is going, as well !!! AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

You first need to prove Jesus sinned in sabbath keeping. Or admit Jesus kept sabbath spiritually faithfully ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
I was not questioning sabbath keeping. I was questioning which day is the sabbath and how do we know.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Day 7 was not Adam's 7th day.
SDA's believe Adam obeyed the Sabbath, but what they fail to consider is which one - did it occur on the 7th day of creation or 7 days after Adam was created?
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

It truly depends, if you believe GOD is Omnisciently Truthful ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Fred

He would have sinned if He didn't keep it because He was born under the Law (Galatians 4:4).

This isn't true for Christians today.

Fred

Here's the question I asked again because you failed to answer it the first time:
SDA's believe Adam obeyed the Sabbath, but what they fail to consider is which one - did it occur on the 7th day of creation or 7 days after Adam was created?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Here's the question I asked again because you failed to answer it the first time:
AV Gn 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

So you could care less about GOD's works ???

So you worship Adam or GOD as a reference to Omniscience Truth's timeline ???

So you are created man focused for truth then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael