7th day queastion

In the absence of biblical evidence, you base your choice of Saturday as the sabbath on assumption that the Pope’s declaration of Saturday sabbath is true and that the pagan Roman Julian Gregorian Catholic calendar follows God’s Bible calendar.

shnarkle

In the absence of biblical evidence, you base your choice of Saturday as the sabbath on assumption that the Pope’s declaration of Saturday sabbath is true and that the pagan Roman Julian Gregorian Catholic calendar follows God’s Bible calendar.
If this is a response to what I posted, then you haven't comprehended what I posted. I know of no evidence where the Pope has declared Saturday to be the true Sabbath, nor do I care what the Pope has to say on the subject to begin with.

Cisco Qid

Question, when is the Sabbath? - if there is any such thing in your point of view.

SDAchristian

Question, when is the Sabbath? - if there is any such thing in your point of view.
Then maybe their POV is the real problem, Right ???

AV Mt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

So do we do NOT know when is the scripture's first day even until today's Christians then ???

Is it because, Sunday is pagan ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

shnarkle

AV Mt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

So do we do NOT know when is the scripture's first day even until today's Christians then ???
Of course not. The first day of the week is the first day after the weekly Sabbath. Calling it Sunday doesn't negate the fact that it's still the first day of the week.

Cisco Qid

Is it because, Sunday is pagan ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Why don't we know? The Sabbath ended Saturday evening with Jesus still in the tomb and it is the first day of the week beginning at evening our Saturday night and now it is the first day of the week at dawn (our Sunday morning according to this scripture).

SDAchristian

It doesn't follow that because Jesus knew therefore we know.
AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

So says you, against Jesus' righteousness witnessed by all !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Simpletruther

AV Lk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

So says you, against Jesus' righteousness witnessed by all !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Not be, basic logic. The passage doesn't contradict my point in the least.

shnarkle

If I'm reading your posts correctly, you're suggesting that when Jesus observed the Sabbath, he as well as everyone else may have been mistaken on which day was the Sabbath, and as a result we're all confused as to which day it is?

Simpletruther

If I'm reading your posts correctly, you're suggesting that when Jesus observed the Sabbath, he as well as everyone else may have been mistaken on which day was the Sabbath, and as a result we're all confused as to which day it is?
No. Just because Jesus had the right day doesn't mean it was kept up with after.

SDAchristian

AV Jn 14:8-11 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works'sake.

I know how to recognize unbelief, per Jesus.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Simpletruther

AV Jn 14:8-11 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works'sake.

I know how to recognize unbelief, per Jesus.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Me too

shnarkle

I didn't assume that. I asked how do you know you are on the right day and it's not gotten out of sync.
I'm not sure I understand the question to begin with. How is it possible for tens or hundreds of thousands of people to forget what day it is?

Remember that we're dealing with people who are obsessively compulsive about their meticulous observation of all of God's laws. I don't see any of them raising any concerns about anyone else having a calendar that is off a day or two.

When the children of Israel made their exit from Egypt, God reminded them of which day was the Sabbath. Are you now claiming that God might have goofed? Are you suggesting that the bible is inaccurate?

Simpletruther

I'm not sure I understand the question to begin with. How is it possible for tens or hundreds of thousands of people to forget what day it is?

Remember that we're dealing with people who are obsessively compulsive about their meticulous observation of all of God's laws. I don't see any of them raising any concerns about anyone else having a calendar that is off a day or two.

When the children of Israel made their exit from Egypt, God reminded them of which day was the Sabbath. Are you now claiming that God might have goofed? Are you suggesting that the bible is inaccurate?
Famine, war chaos.

shnarkle

Famine, war chaos.
Famine, war and chaos isn't pervasive throughout the world. The burden of proof is upon you to come up with some examples of how this would necessarily be the case. I know of no historical examples of this ever being an issue, but then you didn't answer any of those other questions I presented either so are we to assume you don't believe in the accuracy of the bible either?

SDAchristian

Famine, war and chaos isn't pervasive throughout the world.
AV Am 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

I will take GOD's Word over yours anytime.
CARM Forensics said:
Forensics is the collective term for both speech and debate. Most tournaments have both speech and debate events, and student commonly "double enter" or "cross enter" and compete in one debate event and one or two speech events at the same tournament.
The "war" of words continues internationally ...

"chaos", Your point of view is so narrow !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael