A bizarre definition of morality from the guy who loves to tell us he's more moral than the God whom he supposedly doesn't believe exists

treeplanter

patting yourself on the back.
Patting myself on the back?

When did I ever claim to be a paragon of virtue, Jimmy?

The only claim I have made is that I am morally superior to God
{as is most every other person on earth}

Besides, we're not talking about MY failures
We're talking about God's failures!

I don't claim to be perfect
God does!

I am not capable of ending world hunger
God is!

stiggy wiggy

Sounds like you're the one screaming. Look, if it helps, take that book off your shelf, it's the number of Drakey Lakey in the sequence of the story.

Heh, so after whiffing three times, you sat yourself down in the dugout with a coloring book full of ducks. Your batting average makes Bob Uecker look like Ty Cobb.

stiggy wiggy

"Dissing"?
Correct, angry boy. You're dissing someone you don't believe exists for not doing something you haven't done. He has fed billions. You have fed no one. You thereby diss yourself but are so busy shoving CrackerJacks down your gullet, that you don't recognize the hypocrisy nor the stupidity. You won't even share the little plastic toy with the starving kids. I'll bet you eat that too.

Whatsisface

Correct, angry boy. You're dissing someone you don't believe exists for not doing something you haven't done. He has fed billions. You have fed no one. You thereby diss yourself but are so busy shoving CrackerJacks down your gullet, that you don't recognize the hypocrisy nor the stupidity. You won't even share the little plastic toy with the starving kids. I'll bet you eat that too.
Ah, no, you haven't calmed down. This is really stupid, even for you.

treeplanter

You're dissing someone you don't believe exists for not doing something you haven't done.
I don't claim to be the epitome of what is good and just
God does!

What I am 'dissing' is the hypocrisy of one claiming to be what one is not and the stupidity of others who cannot and/or will not see the glaring hypocrisy of claims that do not coincide with actions

He has fed billions.
Feeding billions does NOT morally excuse causing/allowing million of others to starve to death

You have fed no one.
Prove it!

stiggy wiggy

I don't claim to be the epitome of what is good and just

Not interested in what you claim.

God does!

So you believe in God.

What I am 'dissing' is the hypocrisy of one claiming to be what one is not

So you're dissing yourself.

Feeding billions does NOT morally excuse causing/allowing million of others to starve to death

You can't even feed one. What's YOUR moral excuse?

Prove it!

Prove I need to prove it.

treeplanter

Not interested in what you claim.
And yet here you are responding to me...

So you believe in God.
Nope
One needn't believe in God to know what is attributed to Him in scripture and what Christians believe of Him

You can't even feed one. What's YOUR moral excuse?
My 'excuse' for not solving world hunger is that I am physically INCAPABLE of solving world hunger
What is God's excuse?

Prove I need to prove it.
Your claim - your burden

Furion

Patting myself on the back?

When did I ever claim to be a paragon of virtue, Jimmy?

The only claim I have made is that I am morally superior to God
{as is most every other person on earth}

Besides, we're not talking about MY failures
We're talking about God's failures!

I don't claim to be perfect
God does!

I am not capable of ending world hunger
God is!
You are a proven hypocrite so it's not as if what you say carries any weight.

Yours is just a wee little fist pointed at heaven.

stiggy wiggy

And yet here you are responding to me...

Correct. And I just responded that I'm not interested in what you claim. Still not.

One needn't believe in God to know what is attributed to Him in scripture and what Christians believe of Him

So when you said "God does" you were lying about what you believe.

My 'excuse' for not solving world hunger is that I am physically INCAPABLE of solving world hunger

You are not physically incapable of removing those Krispy Kreme donuts and those Peppermint Twinkies from your bloated face and sending them to starving kids in Sierra Leone. But you just won't do it, will ya?

What is God's excuse?

He doesn't need one. Let's look at that score again::

Number of people fed by God since the beginning of time: 107,000,000,000

Number of people fed by Treeplanter: 0 (zilch)

Lucian

And the answer is NO
Yeah, I get that you think that. I’m asking how you know this.
Not really

The claim that I am making is the same claim that most every human being on earth makes
But that’s simply false. Indeed, you’re unusual in thinking God couldn’t have a good reason to permit the evil we see in our world, given the popularity of Christianity and Abrahamic religious belief more generally.