A bizarre definition of morality from the guy who loves to tell us he's more moral than the God whom he supposedly doesn't believe exists

Furion

All you have to do
All you have to do is accept man is to blame.

We all know atheists blame God, which is why many believe there is no such thing as an atheist.

I mean look at 'em, they blame God for everything.

Obviously they believe God exists.

Whatsisface

All you have to do is accept man is to blame.

We all know atheists blame God, which is why many believe there is no such thing as an atheist.

I mean look at 'em, they blame God for everything.

Obviously they believe God exists.
It's hard to think you believe this point sincerely because it has no understanding of what's going on and it's really not hard to understand.

Atheists are just pointing out the inconsistencies of your worldview, if God existed.

Furion

It's hard to think you believe this point sincerely because it has no understanding of what's going on and it's really not hard to understand.

Atheists are just pointing out the inconsistencies of your worldview, if God existed.
I have the uncanny ability to see that you blame man for starving children.

You don't want to admit it or actually deal with it, and that is the subject.

You keep dodging and running away from the facts.

Maybe atheists don't want to deal with their beliefs?

You come here, tongue in cheek, blaming the God you don't think exists, thus leaving yourself holding the bag.

It's hilarious to me, really. I like to point it out to the atheist trolls here.

Oh and by the way, yet again, I also blame man for starving children, we are in agreement!

Whatsisface

I have the uncanny ability to see that you blame man for starving children.

You don't want to admit it or actually deal with it, and that is the subject.

You keep dodging and running away from the facts.

Maybe atheists don't want to deal with their beliefs?

You come here, tongue in cheek, blaming the God you don't think exists, thus leaving yourself holding the bag.

It's hilarious to me, really. I like to point it out to the atheist trolls here.

Oh and by the way, yet again, I also blame man for starving children, we are in agreement!
You missed the point. Whether deliberately or not is hard to tell.

Whatsisface

Which decade?

I picture you as about thirty or so, judging by your naivete, so your standards are certainly less.
It's hard to tell your age from your views because they're the sort of views that won't change with age. They lock you in and won't tolerate challenge. It's very close minded thinking.

Furion

You missed the point.
And since you cannot face your fears, I will fill in the details. :)

You fear admitting that man is callous, uncaring enough to turn their back and close their eyes to evil.

You do it every day.

So there is your answer. Man causes starving children.

I agree.

From here you can examine God's role. But unless you admit the truth of earthly things, how could you possibly honestly grasp spiritual things. You cannot.

Last edited:

Furion

It's hard to tell your age from your views because they're the sort of views that won't change with age. They lock you in and won't tolerate challenge. It's very close minded thinking.
I think it was in the nineties that I noticed standards falling fast. Now, grades are racist. Funny stuff

Whatsisface

And since you cannot face your fears, I will fill in the details. :)

You fear admitting that man is callous, uncaring enough to turn their back and close their eyes to evil.

You do it every day.

So there is your answer. Man causes starving children.

I agree.
Actually man is but one factor, but so are conditions beyond man's control such as drought, flooding, unseasonable cold, typhoons, vermin depredations, insect infestations, and plant diseases such as the blight that caused the Great Famine in Ireland.

But all this is beside the point that you want to divert from, that God could stop all these natural disasters, or even not allow them in the first place, but doesn't. He could also stop mans part in all this, but doesn't. This is an argument saying that at the very least God isn't a God of love, or that he just isn't there.

If he is there, he's either indifferent or malicious.

shnarkle

Maybe we need some suffering. Maybe you don't have a clue as to what we need.
Suffering provides some with potent motivation to alleviate suffering. Those who are adept in this practice don't suffer. Those who are inept at dealing with suffering, are left to cry, complain, bemoan their fate, stomp their feet, wail and gnash their teeth etc.

Furion

Actually man is but one factor...
Considering child starvation can be prevented but is not, other preventable things also fall under man's responsibility. But it is good you blame man, a first step in 🤔 clearly.

Man can prevent things but does not.

Proving yet again man is to blame.

Why do you think man is so evil? I'll fill in the blanks if necessary.

treeplanter

But that’s simply false. Indeed, you’re unusual in thinking God couldn’t have a good reason to permit the evil we see in our world, given the popularity of Christianity and Abrahamic religious belief more generally.
I disagree

It is 100% true that most every human being on earth {minus the odd socio/psychopath} thinks and feels that it is immoral and evil to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

I am NOT 'unusual' in holding God to this standard!

What is 'unusual' and regretful and dangerous is that there are millions of religion blinded individuals who make excuses for God and insist that He need not be held to the same standard that we hold ourselves to

There is very often, for us limited human beings, good reason to permit/cause an evil {i.e. harm}
Sometimes, there is no other way for us to achieve a greater good...
This is what I am referring to as a needful or needed harm

God is different
God is unlimited

There is no such thing as a 'good reason' for an unlimited being to permit/cause harm because an unlimited being never, ever needs to do so

Anytime an unlimited being permits/causes harm it is, by definition, a needless harm and, as we have already established, it is immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

I'm not sure what your issue with my position is?