A collection on Mormonism

SteveB

This is a 4 part collection of blog articles about Mormonism.

This is a 4 part collection of blog articles about Mormonism.

Listened to Part 1, not really impressed with his analogy of the Bible versus the Book of Mormon.... He pretty much denies that feelings or revelation exist as a true test of Gods Word. So I believe he is more into objective evidence and possesses little faith that God speaks today as he did in times past...

Listened to Part 1, not really impressed with his analogy of the Bible versus the Book of Mormon.... He pretty much denies that feelings or revelation exist as a true test of Gods Word. So I believe he is more into objective evidence and possesses little faith that God speaks today as he did in times past...

I watched LDS GC for quite a number of years, and God didn't "speak" ONCE in all that time. So I guess God has abandoned Mormons.

So, you think feelings are a good method for determining the truth?

I support the doctrine of prayer

Matthew 7:7-8
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

I'm a humongous believer in the practice of praying.
That was how I met the Jesus of the bible.

As is written in Jeremiah 24:7, and 29:11-13, YHVH responded to my prayer.

That said.... it still doesn't actually answer my question about feelings being a valid means to determine truth.

After all, isn't the Jesus of the LDS the spirit brother of Lucifer?

Did God show you His photo-ID, so that you know it was Him who answered your prayer?

As it turns out, God told ME that the LDS church is false, and so you are free to destroy your church, since God said it was worthless and not from Him. (And if your reject this testimony, then you are rejecting "subjective" and "the doctrine of prayer".)

It depends on what the source of those "feelings" are:

John 16:13---King James Version

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So, Steve--I have a question for you. Do you believe the Spirit working in one is separate from a "feeling"? Do you believe love isn't something one "feels"? What conviction does one have, which is not part of a feeling? What belief?

What does one go on--if it's void of "feelings"? I would agree--not every feeling is founded on truth, but that still isn't proof God does not work through our personal feelings, or can't do so.

Luke 24:32---King James Version
32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

How did they know their hearts burned within them--unless they felt it?

IOW--it's just ridiculous to question the power of human feelings--when the Holy Ghost is the source of those feelings. I can understand the need to question the source of the feelings--but to question feelings at all?????

Yes and no.

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law

It's more than feelings, it's a disposition resulting in Christlike bahavior.

Did God show you His photo-ID, so that you know it was Him who answered your prayer?

As it turns out, God told ME that the LDS church is false, and so you are free to destroy your church, since God said it was worthless and not from Him. (And if your reject this testimony, then you are rejecting "subjective" and "the doctrine of prayer".)
And you accuse others of being snarky... chuckle... oh my!

I'm a humongous believer in the practice of praying.
That was how I met the Jesus of the bible.

As is written in Jeremiah 24:7, and 29:11-13, YHVH responded to my prayer.

That said.... it still doesn't actually answer my question about feelings being a valid means to determine truth.

After all, isn't the Jesus of the LDS the spirit brother of Lucifer?
How did you know your prayer was answered? were you given objective proof or was it answered with a feeling?

I doubt very much God told you the LDS church is false, but that is between you and God!

And you accuse others of being snarky... chuckle... oh my!

Nice dodge of my (very relevant) question.
You say you had "answered prayer".
Who answered it?
How do you know it was God who answered it?

These are very valid questions, which Mormons can't answer, and which proves that "subjective" evidence is worthless.

You claim answers from "God" which are CONTRADICTORY to what God has actually revealed.

And I know for a FACT that God never confirmed the authenticity of the Book of Mormon to you.
Very much so, you see the modern day christians don't believe in revelation anymore. Subjective, emotional answers to prayers just does not happen, never did never will according to Evangelical thought .

Last edited:
Nice dodge of my (very relevant) question.
You say you had "answered prayer".
Who answered it?
How do you know it was God who answered it?

These are very valid questions, which Mormons can't answer, and which proves that "subjective" evidence is worthless.

You claim answers from "God" which are CONTRADICTORY to what God has actually revealed.
Here it is folks, visitors and guest.... a non snarky remark from Theo .... "Did God show you His photo-ID, so that you know it was Him who answered your prayer?"

Very much so, you see the modern day christians don't believe in revelation anymore.

1) False.
2) Off-topic.
3) Another example of how Mormons are incapable of defending their beliefs, so they have to instead derail and try to attack "modern day christians".

Subjective, emotional answers to prayers just does not happen, never did never will according to Evangelical thought .

1) False.
2) Off-topic.
3) Another example of how Mormons are incapable of defending their beliefs, so they have to instead derail and try to attack "modern day christians".

Reactions: Mik
Here it is folks, visitors and guest.... a non snarky remark from Theo .... "Did God show you His photo-ID, so that you know it was Him who answered your prayer?"

We're STILL waiting for you to explain to us how you know your answer came from God.

But you can't, and you know you can't, which is why you have to instead constantly attack "modern day christians".

Reactions: Mik
I believe he was trying to get you to understand that Satan appears as an angel of light, and that is why Christian’s are supposed to test the spirit wether it is of God or Satan. Any spirit should be tested against the revealed word of God to determine if does not violate known scripture because the Spirit of God will not contradict God nor make sin appealing.

Back